The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

As someone with a bit of experience in Management Contracts & Law through my job, there is absolutely no way Falkirk FC will ever get hauled up for this. I also have serious doubts Morton would get any joy going after McKinnon 

Well he is clearly in breach because his request to resign was rejected.  A contract is created when an offer for consideration is accepted and can only end when its term expires, by mutual consent or if one party can be shown to have clearly breached its terms.  Looks like the only option may be for your man to offer to buy out the contract. Otherwise it’s a big legal bill and compo. You boys stuffed up badly on this and if Falkirk can be shown to have acted improperly to induce the breach then you are in the shit too. Not sure what view the SFA will take to seeing another clubs employee appearing in your dug out. Clubs have been booted out of cups for fielding unregistered players. You could end up in Division 1– though you are on you are on the fast track there anyway.

Well he is clearly in breach because his request to resign was rejected.  A contract is created when an offer for consideration is accepted and can only end when its term expires, by mutual consent or if one party can be shown to have clearly breached its terms.  Looks like the only option may be for your man to offer to buy out the contract. Otherwise it’s a big legal bill and compo. You boys stuffed up badly on this and if Falkirk can be shown to have acted improperly to induce the breach then you are in the shit too. Not sure what view the SFA will take to seeing another clubs employee appearing in your dug out. Clubs have been booted out of cups for fielding unregistered players. You could end up in Division 1– though you are on you are on the fast track there anyway.
Post up your screenshot of his contract please, and for my tired eyes can you highlight all applicable parts relating to notice period for both parties and also any break clauses.

You do...... have his contract.... Dont you?

Anyone know what happened to my "Who's Your Favourite Snake" thread from last night?
Disgusting if deleted.

Presumably one of the legal eagles who are currently saturating our thread with equal quantities of tears and drool advised Div that he was facing a six figure outlay if it wasnt deleted immediately.

Can someone please point me in the direction of what this reporter has said? I've missed it.
" Hi Ray, May Rckinnon here from The Daily Fibber. I've just overhea....excuse me, heard from a very reliable source that Morton have rejected advances from Falkirk 7 minutes ago to discuss you becoming their new manager, can you confirm or deny this?" Screenshot_20180905-174935_Gallery.jpg

Can one of you clever Falkirk Men explain why your BoD was so desperate to get McC*nto _that Friday_, as opposed to mebbe the Monday... or some time later the next week?

Falkirk want him, McC*unto wants to go, so he goes, soon-ish...

Why insist on doing it in a way that makes c*nts of yourselves and him in the process?

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

" Hi Ray, May Rckinnon here from The Daily Fibber. I've just overhea....excuse me, heard from a very reliable source that Morton have rejected advances from Falkirk 7 minutes ago to discuss you becoming their new manager, can you confirm or deny this?" Screenshot_20180905-174935_Gallery.jpg

Do we have a winner?

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Can one of you clever Falkirk Men explain why your BoD was so desperate to get McC*nto _that Friday_, as opposed to mebbe the Monday... or some time later the next week?

Falkirk want him, McC*unto wants to go, so he goes, soon-ish...

Why insist on doing it in a way that makes c*nts of yourselves and him in the process?

It's a bit like your posts. 

You want to criticise our recruitment process , you could do that whatever way you want

Why insist on doing it in a way that makes an absolute c*nt of yourself?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Disgusting if deleted.

Presumably one of the legal eagles who are currently saturating our thread with equal quantities of tears and drool advised Div that he was facing a six figure outlay if it wasnt deleted immediately.

Maybe the "reporter" that allegedly told c**t Ray that we had knocked back Falkirks approach for him will know. He seems well informed ! 

Maybe the "reporter" that allegedly told c**t Ray that we had knocked back Falkirks approach for him will know. He seems well informed ! 
Thank f**k for that too. Or we could be staring down the barrel of getting Mark McGhee in [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Unlucky

19 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

I’ m sorry but this is 100% conjecture on your part. Lots and lots of legalese nonsense being rolled out here, yet the one guy who has avoided going anywhere near the word is the Morton chairman. The bitter minter stuff at the end just undermines the legalese rock throwing early on.

There is going to be a slow retreat into nothingness on this from Morton.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Also, if it was a rolling contract would they not be under contract to September 2019?  Crawford quotes May 2019

Depends what is meant by "rolling contract". Some people interpret that as you have (ie, every single morning you wake up it has exactly 12 months to run). In practice it's fairly unlikely this is the case though it might be if there was also a separate termination clause specifying the circumstances and financial consequences of either party breaking the contract. It's far more likely that it runs down to an annual date (say 31st May) and if notice of intended termination is not served within a stated period in advance of expiry it will be deemed to extend for a further year. I've no idea if McKinnon was on a "rolling contract" or not but it's very likely if he was that it was only running to the end of the season at the moment. I'd have expected a break clause too but Rae's comments would suggest there wasn't one and he decided what he thought was "fair" to break it.

2 hours ago, madton said:

If a club want a player who is in contract, they don't pay a transfer fee making up his remaining wages do they? They pay what the selling club want for that player.

See if there was some sort of central National Association process for registration of managers you'd be making a very good point. As there isn't one it's complete pie in the sky however.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I’ m sorry but this is 100% conjecture on your part. Lots and lots of legalese nonsense being rolled out here, yet the one guy who has avoided going anywhere near the word is the Morton chairman. The bitter minter stuff at the end just undermines the legalese rock throwing early on.

There is going to be a slow retreat into nothingness on this from Morton.

How do you see this whole situation panning out? Do you really think that Morton deserve no compensation? If the shoe was on the other foot, how would you feel about how FFC & McKinnon have handled this situation?

Unlike a lot of Ton fans I am genuinely not that bothered that McKinnon is away (although it does f up training a bit in the short term) , under his leadership we exited two cups.

I think you may be a wee bit naive if you think Hartley and GMFC Won't be looking for money.

Doesn't matter if it's criminal or civil legal case. In the pursuance of what actually happened to make the civil court decision, you will have to give "evidence" which is submitted under oath. Any half arsed lawyer through the process of "further and better particulars" will be able to get to what actually happened and by whom. The actual decision on if we get £100k or not is one thing, the exposure through this legal case will be the thing that confirms both snake ray and Falkirk board members as untrustworthy and liars. 

Fucking calm down