The Falkirk FC Thread

Reality is here that any case determining recompense, if there was any wrong doing, would hinge entirely on Morton clearly demonstrating an actual loss as a result of any breach in contract. In practice very hard to quantify which is why people tell their employers to f**k off and quit every single day - with absolutely no consequence.

If Morton choose to proceed with this, it’s far more likely that they end up out of pocket than anything else. 

19 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

How do you see this whole situation panning out? Do you really think that Morton deserve no compensation? If the shoe was on the other foot, how would you feel about how FFC & McKinnon have handled this situation?

Unlike a lot of Ton fans I am genuinely not that bothered that McKinnon is away (although it does f up training a bit in the short term) , under his leadership we exited two cups.

I think you may be a wee bit naive if you think Hartley and GMFC Won't be looking for money.

No id expect a nominal fee to be paid due to him having some time left on his contract.  Talk of 100k plus though is just fantasy.

1 hour ago, gmac1874 said:

You may be correct but you miss the point.  In pursuance of this case towards a formal civil hearing, people like Snake Ray, your BoD members and the alleged "reporter" will have to prepare statements or respond to request for info maybe even affidavits. So all smug c***s press conference "assurances" about coincidences etc will require formal clarification. When it turns out there is no "reporter" and it's actually your chairman and then details of who contact who and when come out - then oh dear... everybody lied !!! Then push on with the civil case for compensation added to the lad Hartley' s claim and it's all getting terribly expensive. 

By the way he's actually not that great a manager and I doubt he'll be able to get a tune out of the squad of shite so far assembled at Falkirk. Can I recommend the Duffy method a playing Mark Russell in central midfield- try it.....it's proper entertainment.

I believe the reporter was the guy from the sun who broke the story. You are very welcome.

Hiw do Morton intend to prove that coincidences were anything but that, to the satisfaction of a judge in a legal case? Are you going to get a warrant for phone records? 

You are way off into Bennet territory now with this pseudo legal shite. 

Edited by DeeBairn

Anyone thats in a job knows that contracts arent worth the paper they are printed on if McKinnon had got off to a sh*t start of the season Ton fans would be calling for his head on a pike and demand him to be sacked.  The reality of this is Ton are off to a good start to the season McKinnon had the chance of a better offer on what he is on and he took it.  Not one person one this forum would knock back a better contract than what they are on just now to stay put unless you really enjoyed the place you worked and money wasnt an issue.

Edited by AL-FFC

I think Ray will try to keep it tight up until January and try and salvage a few points here and there. I'd go with a side based around the players we know are good enough to play at this level.
Mitchell
Kidd Muirhead McGhee Robson
Dunne McKee Irving Sammut Greenwood 
Rudden 

Bang on except Sammut. He looks lost.

How about we all turn out on Saturday, even if we have to sit in the main stand (South stand is closed for the day) and give the boys as much backing as we can.  I wasn't planning on the Connah Quay game but circumstances call for it I think.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I’ m sorry but this is 100% conjecture on your part. Lots and lots of legalese nonsense being rolled out here, yet the one guy who has avoided going anywhere near the word is the Morton chairman. The bitter minter stuff at the end just undermines the legalese rock throwing early on.

There is going to be a slow retreat into nothingness on this from Morton.

That's my point. We've been there before with Campbell Christie. 

It's going to be a humiliating retreat,bit how does Rae survive that? Surely he has to go if Morton don't get this mythical 6 figure sum?

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

" Hi Ray, May Rckinnon here from The Daily Fibber. I've just overhea....excuse me, heard from a very reliable source that Morton have rejected advances from Falkirk 7 minutes ago to discuss you becoming their new manager, can you confirm or deny this?" Screenshot_20180905-174935_Gallery.jpg

Ah, ok, so it didn't happen then.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Can one of you clever Falkirk Men explain why your BoD was so desperate to get McC*nto _that Friday_, as opposed to mebbe the Monday... or some time later the next week?

Falkirk want him, McC*unto wants to go, so he goes, soon-ish...

Why insist on doing it in a way that makes c*nts of yourselves and him in the process?

So he could attend the game on Saturday to enable him to start his assessment of the rabble that he's inherited?

32 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I believe the reporter was the guy from the sun who broke the story. You are very welcome.

Hiw do Morton intend to prove that coincidences were anything but that, to the satisfaction of a judge in a legal case? Are you going to get a warrant for phone records? 

You are way off into Bennet territory now with this pseudo legal shite. 

And the "Reporter" at the Sun got his info that Crawford had knocked back Falkirk's request to talk to snakey c**t Ray from........???

definately not from anyone on the Falkirk BoD No no no no.

It wasn't a reporter anyway as I said previously he was probably sitting next to the Falkirk Chairperson when he made the call to Crawford.  Not bothered about the compensation actually...more interested in exposing that shitebag Ray as a devious horrible lying twat. That will do me. Don't like people like him. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

That's my point. We've been there before with Campbell Christie. 

It's going to be a humiliating retreat,bit how does Rae survive that? Surely he has to go if Morton don't get this mythical 6 figure sum?

Falkirk will write to Rae - the letter will say:

Dear Mr Rae

We have considered your compensation claim and our response is "f**k off"

Yours in Football

Rae will steam the stamp off the letter and claim he has therefore received payment in a statement that will go:

We have received an undisclosed sum in compensation from Falkirk and therefore consider the matter closed