The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

What have a I missed? 

The adult(?) who BTH correctly pointed out has a photo of someones child saved on his computer which he posts on a public forum frequently, once had his own coupon posted on this very same website. At which point he rant o the mods, reporting the post and had it removed. 

Think Marvin from the scheme meets Methadone Mick....

Easily one of the worst sides that I have ever seen Falkirk lose to.
Barely pub team standard with half wit management to match.
We have no forwards worth the name, Haber and Mackin would not be dangerous with a couple of machine guns and a bag of hand grenades. Lewis looks like a footballer until he gets the ball...
We are relegation favourites unless we are somehow still in touch come January when half of this squad have to be emptied .
No manager could make a success of that calamity of a squad.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Easily one of the worst sides that I have ever seen Falkirk lose to.
Barely pub team standard with half wit management to match.
We have no forwards worth the name, Haber and Mackin would not be dangerous with a couple of machine guns and a bag of hand grenades. Lewis looks like a footballer until he gets the ball...
We are relegation favourites unless we are somehow still in touch come January when half of this squad have to be emptied .
No manager could make a success of that calamity of a squad.

We need a couple of 90s Era random signings. A couple of Dominic Iorfas or something equally left field. Anything, really. I'd take a Mark McGraw at the moment, to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The adult(?) who BTH correctly pointed out has a photo of someones child saved on his computer which he posts on a public forum frequently, once had his own coupon posted on this very same website. At which point he rant o the mods, reporting the post and had it removed. 

Think Marvin from the scheme meets Methadone Mick....

Ah right, so basically he's an ugly mother fucker with a personality to go with it. 

Gotcha. Actually explains a lot. 

Tommy Robson simply miles ahead of anyone else on the park. Tbf, even Petra rose above the pack today. Three big guys in central defence, and a simple floated free kick is headed into the net. Much to my shame, I burst out laughing when it went in.

Lewis Kidd seems to be eating himself to death. 

This isn’t about confidence or organisation. This is about very poor footballers. I felt for Lewis first half in his wing back role. He was tasked with marking their number 20 full back, and got skinned time and time again. He was clearly way out of his depth.

Haber clearly doesn’t want to be here. Spending 90 minutes trotting to the wrong side of their two central defenders was effectively hiding.

Paton did ok by his standards, but we have absolutely no midfield other than the times Tommy Robson took it upon himself to be a number 3, a number 6, and a number 11, because no one else was going to do it.

That seemed to be an attempt at a 4-4-1-1,  but with so many hiding, it was more or less a 3-1-1-0.

For me, the sooner the “by mutual consent” notices begin to appear, the better. Tommy Robson excepted of course. That guy is a real trooper, and more shame needs to be piled on the name “Hartley” for keeping that guy out of the side.

land even more frightening is that was us without the much lambasted TOE.

I still don’t understand how Hartley could pick out Nelson, Jak, and Robson when he had so little time, yet with 7 months build up, he uncovers and accepts the dross that was brought in during the summer.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Specially a poster who snivelled to the mods and had a photo of his own, heroin addled melt removed.

Even the most vulgur red top newspapers have the decency to blank out children's faces when no permission has been granted to put them in the public eye, yet this member thinks this is acceptable and humorous. 

To football, We don't deserve Tommy robson. Best player on the park, miles ahead of anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Based on what I have seen, and talk of today, Irving, Greenwood, Rudden, Russell, McGhee (prob still out tho) and Sammut should all be starting next week.

Yep, and the rest of the starting eleven will be Robson and a goalie.

Even the most vulgur red top newspapers have the decency to blank out children's faces when no permission has been granted to put them in the public eye, yet this member thinks this is acceptable and humorous. 
To football, We don't deserve Tommy robson. Best player on the park, miles ahead of anyone else. 
I just hope none of the childs family post on here tbh. Obviously Falkirk fans. Not too much of a stretch to think they might run across that. And thats after the virginton and I believe a Pars fan were warned to stop it.

44 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Falkirk really are Scotland's shame.

We are not at torturing with cig burns, drinking urnine and frozen fish fingers yet.....

19 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Do we have the most ineffectual forward line we've had in living memory?   If anyone is still saying the season is still young, the new manager will bring them together i think is kidding themselves.  Yes I think McKinnon will make them a little better but with zero goal scoring forwards we are completely f*cked.   At least Brechin fought last season, we are just laying over.

McKinnons first game in a jokey wee cup that has two u20 teams playing each other is indeed to me as many said about the league cup(an actual cup) a friendly game and for McKinnon to get his feet under the table.

where and when did Brechin fight ?

If you want to take this cup tie as importance or something you will cry about being out tomorrow, then the latter you are in a very small room with very few companions sharing that view.

I have seen us play worse and win but the bigger the picture for me was it was an introduction for McKinnon to play about with it. The same problems are evident that we dont look like scoring, Paton is like watching a lorry turn in asda car park, Petra and Haber up top was bizare with Petra running the same path as Haber at times as if they were holding hands, that experiment didnt come off. I wouldve liked to have seen Mackin come on earlier as he obviously will be in a bit of high scoring a hattrick during the week and he wouldve got more into the centre halves than Haber did, Lewis had a horror show first half, 2nd half slightly better but he shouldnt be near a wide role, Id say likewise Kidd albeit he had some nice touches when he tucked in.

All in all it was experimental and there is a lot of work to be done and maybe a free transfer in or two required but I think we have to persevere with Froxy, frustrating as he can be, he is the only one with a bit of flair we might get a tune out of and I think we will see a 4-2-3-1 next week.

The two formations I seen today were 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 which seems to be the McKinnon standards. 

Agree with others that Robson was the standout today. Actually thought Petra looked better up front today although couldn’t see us scoring too many if we had to rely on him for goals.

Lewis and Haber.....ffs, I should be starting in front of them each week.

Connah’s Quay may have played in Champions League qualifiers but they were a pub team in disguise with absolutely no class whatsoever. The manager and coach were winding up the Falkirk players and management team as walking up the tunnel and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of some incident later this evening....

Sadly nothing changes the fact that all in all, Hartley has moved us from poor to pish.....