The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

IMG_2349.jpg

Its amazing looking at our team sheet and I try to work out a formation and I get all hmmmmm and even count the players to see if there is 11 there !!!

I suppose that happens when you have 2 right backs, 2 left backs or 3 centre halves in the 11.....

Looks 4-4-2 or something along that line, could be 3 at the back with Brough tho

10 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

IMG_2349.jpg

Opportunity for McKee to stake a claim for a place. Whilst no world beater don't think he deserved to be ostracised under Hartley.

Looks a 4-4-2, Brough left back, Robson left wing? Predicting the shape/formation this season has been a bit like predicting the lottery numbers though! 

30 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure that’s correct about Sandy Alexander owning any of the land. We pay him rent for the SS not for the land it’s on.

From what I know, the East side of the stadium up to a certain point is club land and everything else is council land. Likewise the land at the other side of the SS road is council land also.

My mate was told a few years ago by a director that east side was SA / Club owned land....could obviously be pish, both my mate and directors have previous for this haha.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:
Not pleased about greenwood and Dunne being left out. 
Is Russell cup tied? 

Dunne and Russell are both on the bench

Missed Rusell being on bench. Don’t think anyone in staring 11 has done more than those two to deserve a start ahead of them TBH. Which is the point I was attempting to make....badly.

Missed Rusell being on bench. Don’t think anyone in staring 11 has done more than those two to deserve a start ahead of them TBH. Which is the point I was attempting to make....badly.
Fair enough. You are probably right, but its McKinnons first game and a wee bit meaningless tbh so will cut him slack. Wont be happy with Greenwood not being in the squad for league business if fit though.

That team or at very least squad next week should probably contain Greenwood and Rudden at the expense of..... Well take yer pick really

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair enough. You are probably right, but its McKinnons first game and a wee bit meaningless tbh so will cut him slack. Wont be happy with Greenwood not being in the squad for league business if fit though.

That team or at very least squad next week should probably contain Greenwood and Rudden at the expense of..... Well take yer pick really

And Irving 

I bet mckee has a cracking game today. Looking forward to seeing him perform, because he is actually decent when he wants to be. Down to earth good with kids character etc etc

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Try:

Aero, Harrison, Brough, Robson

Kidd, McKee, Paton, Lewis, 

Haber, Petravicius. 

Or at least that's what it's supposed to be. 

Well wouldn't have predicted that at all.

Free pass today for McKinnon so will be interesting to see how it plays out. Worry that our rhs is painfully slow.

And Irving 
I bet mckee has a cracking game today. Looking forward to seeing him perform, because he is actually decent when he wants to be. Down to earth good with kids character etc etc
Poor Irving. I slagged someone for forgetting him the other week aswell [emoji23] [emoji23]

The best version of Joe McKee would be the best midfielder currently at the club. His problem at all of his clubs though seems to have been just that though. He is simultaneously being given a second chance to be a first teamer, but also to make himself very important. I too hope he takes it. Maybe he can vindicate my ludicrous shout that he would be POTY at the start of last season [emoji57]