The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The current pitch goes past its sell by date at the end of next season. But that's only the surface , you don't need to replace the underground drainage or foundations on it as they should last more or less forever. As I can mind it wasn't just the state of the pitch that made the club want to change but the cost of up keep, especially the undersoil heating which would cost thousands to run only for a game that would attract 3000 fans in January.   so canny see them putting all that back in if that would cost a fortune, we'll probably go bust after paying full time wages in league 1 next season anyway.

Put that new pitch indoors, or even just a roof and some windbreaks  and your onto a winner, there's nae full size indoor 4g parks for miles, there's only 4 five aside parks at coasters and there always rammed in the winter time. 

Standing along the east touchline would be very popular I think. but it would take people away from the 2 stands , the main stand already has noticeable gaps in it. no new people will turn up   ( That "if you build it they will come"  is a lot of pish 90% of the time)  If we got promoted then we could always just give generous ticket allocations to well supported teams, at least until we were entertaining enough that there was more demand for the home end.

unfortunately that's a non issue since we are fucking useless , we failed to get out a week championship before 2014 , we failed to capitalise on hearts hibs rangers and a cup final windfall, we failed to get promotion when we only needed a fucking draw at rugby park.  we failed to hold onto a lead against an underperforming Dundee utd side. we then went and signed a buch of championship diddys sacked the manager, got a new one, horsed out the diddys and replaced them with super diddys.  and all the while have put supporters to sleep with some absolutely dreadfull fitbaw for the last 8 or 9 years. i'd say the only way is up but when your bottom of the table with 0 points and only 1 goal ( from our only shot on target none the less) it might well be down!  lets just leave hotels with stands till we've sorted out the team on the park.

But everything else is ok, yes? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Think thy use that pitch as that and Games Hall was ‘saved’ by grant funding that the foundation were awarded. 

I presumed that one of the reasons we had the pitch was so that the foundation/comunity could get the use of it so it was busy every day and the club would be making cash from it. I suppose they must get free use of that facility then.

50 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

But everything else is ok, yes? :unsure:

aye pretty much, the main stand looks braw as your approaching it from the main road. the park never has bare patches or puddles in the goalmouth,   the women who sometimes stands beside the announcer at half time is an absolute milf.   so not bad.  aw forgot to say every time I get a pie the bottom sticks to the fuckin foil & I have to try and dig the contents oot with a fork. its a pain in the arse!

In all seriousness tho, the club would have a fair bit of potential with a decent board in charge.  I don't know what the current mobs arrangements are. are any of them dedicated full time or do they all have other interest or are retired from their main proffesions?  someone with newer and bolder ideas or someone who is a cut throat businessman (or lady) seems to have success at other clubs.  we need to find a way to make as much cash as possible to get a team that are succesfull and one that folk want to come and see.  because we already have a good sized support considering how gash we are. we aint getting any more in until theres a big improvement on the park

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

aye pretty much, the main stand looks braw as your approaching it from the main road. the park never has bare patches or puddles in the goalmouth,   the women who sometimes stands beside the announcer at half time is an absolute milf.   so not bad.  aw forgot to say every time I get a pie the bottom sticks to the fuckin foil & I have to try and dig the contents oot with a fork. its a pain in the arse
What the f**k are you doing with a fork in the first place???

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Fourth stand would definitely be a safe standing affair not dissimilar in depth to the old shed. That running along the length of the pitch with nothing more that some retro roofless loos and a couple of pie sheds would fit the bill perfectly. A capacity of 2,000 or so standing. Juicy.

Gives the kids of the Falkirk area a chance to have a proper childhood.

Too juicy! Froth froth. 

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Artificial surfaces should definitely be banned from the second tier of professional football in Scotland. Decision could reviewed at the end of this season, if it turns out to be necessary.

You want to ban them mid season? Wtf?????

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Hadn't thought of that... but that is a fucking brilliant idea...

You could play all four games against us at Cappielow...

So what Morton have is your preferred option?

Grass surfaces should definitely be banned from the second tier of professional football in Scotland. Decision could reviewed at the end of this season, if it turns out to be necessary.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The current pitch goes past its sell by date at the end of next season. But that's only the surface , you don't need to replace the underground drainage or foundations on it as they should last more or less forever. As I can mind it wasn't just the state of the pitch that made the club want to change but the cost of up keep, especially the undersoil heating which would cost thousands to run only for a game that would attract 3000 fans in January.   so canny see them putting all that back in if that would cost a fortune, we'll probably go bust after paying full time wages in league 1 next season anyway.

Put that new pitch indoors, or even just a roof and some windbreaks  and your onto a winner, there's nae full size indoor 4g parks for miles, there's only 4 five aside parks at coasters and there always rammed in the winter time. 

Standing along the east touchline would be very popular I think. but it would take people away from the 2 stands , the main stand already has noticeable gaps in it. no new people will turn up   ( That "if you build it they will come"  is a lot of pish 90% of the time)  If we got promoted then we could always just give generous ticket allocations to well supported teams, at least until we were entertaining enough that there was more demand for the home end.

unfortunately that's a non issue since we are fucking useless , we failed to get out a week championship before 2014 , we failed to capitalise on hearts hibs rangers and a cup final windfall, we failed to get promotion when we only needed a fucking draw at rugby park.  we failed to hold onto a lead against an underperforming Dundee utd side. we then went and signed a buch of championship diddys sacked the manager, got a new one, horsed out the diddys and replaced them with super diddys.  and all the while have put supporters to sleep with some absolutely dreadfull fitbaw for the last 8 or 9 years. i'd say the only way is up but when your bottom of the table with 0 points and only 1 goal ( from our only shot on target none the less) it might well be down!  lets just leave hotels with stands till we've sorted out the team on the park.

I feel and share your pain -It seems to me you have lost  faith in the  Barnsley model  identified as the route to nirvana by our committee and instead are hanging your hat on the Airdrie model which as i understand to be that we bin everything and anyone of value and  repeatedly sign a bunch of ever-decreasing crap with the aim of becoming so  bad that the fairweather support and directors abandon us. Leaving the field clear for a back to basics type local gangster to buy us from a dejected MR for buttons. Then said gangster can start throwing around wads of cash that he is trying to launder anyway to sign the modern day equivalent of  Chris Waddle, Maurice Johnston, Simon, Tony parks, Andy Gray, some swiss skier for the cup final , an Austrian international for the reserve team  and a couple of Italians who turn out to be waiters rather than players. In the meantime he can get us sponsored by Budweiser.  Sounds like tremendous fun !! Does anyone remember when going to the games was exciting!

As to your comment about the stadium capacity then I'm afraid that decision reflects badly on the committee as a four-year-old could have figured out we were rather too ambitious with our planning. A standing area would be an improvement as would a bunch of inflatable dolls (robo crowd ) on the empty seats, especially if we fitted them with speakers to sing along with were blue were white or xxxx xxxxx  get  to f--ck. ( the only two needed ). We could then take a patent on robo crowd sell it for millions and buy our way into the champions league. Sounds even better. Such inventive thought, however, does not come easily to our committee. Those who can do those who can't teach ! 

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Artificial surfaces should definitely be banned from the second tier of professional football in Scotland. Decision could reviewed at the end of this season, if it turns out to be necessary.

Or all the diddy teams could spend proper money on groundsmen and under soil heating.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Grass surfaces should definitely be banned from the second tier of professional football in Scotland. Decision could reviewed at the end of this season, if it turns out to be necessary.

Any team that has a game cancelled due to pitch issues should be fined points. This isn't the 50's.

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You've lost me, mate... seriously... The pitch -- and the view -- are the best things about Cappielow...

17 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Or all the diddy teams could spend proper money on groundsmen and under soil heating.

Any team that has a game cancelled due to pitch issues should be fined points. This isn't the 50's.

Aye, but when you're a ghost -- and of an isolated body part, no even a whole person, like -- decades and stuff like that don't matter.

Get back to me when you've got some points to deduct.