The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Don’t see the point in building all those big structures and putting a st.mirren type stand up. Leave the stadium as it is until or if we ever get proper control of the place, we can earn money out of it daily and build finance to do it properly. That may never happen, so be it

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t see the point in building all those big structures and putting a st.mirren type stand up. Leave the stadium as it is until or it we ever get proper control of the place, we can earn money out of it daily and build finance to do it properly. That may never happen, so be it

With proper business acumen it’s entirely possible to get something that benefits fans, the club and surrounding area. But the people who do that would need to work against the cooncil and current owners to create a compelling vision everyone buys in to. Hence won’t happen soon.

Guest Back Post Misses
With proper business acumen it’s entirely possible to get something that benefits fans, the club and surrounding area. But the people who do that would need to work against the cooncil and current owners to create a compelling vision everyone buys in to. Hence won’t happen soon.

The only way you get a real chance to develop the stadium and maximise revenue is to get ownership of the stadium from the council. Clearly just my opinion but it is impossible to drive your income as a Tennant.

Will it ever happen? Agree certainly not anytime soon

Not quite sure what to expect today. I'd be delighted with a side who creates some chances and manages to keep possession for large parts of the game. The result really means f**k all with the league the priority and Ray getting to know the players for next Saturday. Ray really has a low bar to hit for this first game; I think if we see a corner kick land within a 15metre radius of the penalty spot we can take real positives from the game. Bit of a kick in the stones to hear McGhee is out for the foreseeable. 

Whilst performance is what we all really want to see a big difference in, I don’t agree that the result means nothing. A shoeing off this lot today won’t do confidence any good & a win could do wonders to the team & fans. Even though it’s in this bomb scare of a tournament.

39 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Watching the Scotland game last night felt helluva like watching us v QotS. Scary stuff.

I was there for my sins. Left when the 4th went in. Haven't left a game that early since the new rangers pumped us 3 0 at ibrox. I thought our left back was absolute shite that night and wouldn't amount to anything. Little did I know he would end up in the EPL. 

16 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh, thanks for that Michael Kuzak. 

You dont seem to be following that as both are members of an organisation, Morton's first avenue of complaint will be to an SPFL tribunal, not a court of law.

Utter bollocks. 

13 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Utter bollocks. 

I don't know who SD is, but from the type of posts he normally puts up I'd guess he has a role along the long of football administrator / club secretary at QOS. He tends to be very insightful about SFA/SPFL procedures; I can't recall him every making a "factual" post which subsequently turned out to be wrong.

I think I'll trust his opinion over yours.

I also think that Morton will not only get nowhere near the figure they've publicly demanded, but may ultimately end up with buttons. 

Rather than continually asserting that you're right, why not just wait and see what happens?

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh, thanks for that Michael Kuzak. 

1988 called, it wants its cultural reference back grandad!!

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The only way you get a real chance to develop the stadium and maximise revenue is to get ownership of the stadium from the council. Clearly just my opinion but it is impossible to drive your income as a Tennant.

Will it ever happen? Agree certainly not anytime soon

Not far from being spot on. I was of the understanding though that SA owns the surrounding ground along with some owned by the club. If they really wanted to they could host the club facilities elsewhere and let the council have non stadia part of main stand. With the biggest tennent gone it could loose feasibility quite quickly opening up an opportunity to buy them out. 

That depends on investment and leadership, both of which we don’t have enough of.

Not far from being spot on. I was of the understanding though that SA owns the surrounding ground along with some owned by the club. If they really wanted to they could host the club facilities elsewhere and let the council have non stadia part of main stand. With the biggest tennent gone it could loose feasibility quite quickly opening up an opportunity to buy them out. 
That depends on investment and leadership, both of which we don’t have enough of.

Not sure that’s correct about Sandy Alexander owning any of the land. We pay him rent for the SS not for the land it’s on.

From what I know, the East side of the stadium up to a certain point is club land and everything else is council land. Likewise the land at the other side of the SS road is council land also.

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Not quite sure what to expect today. I'd be delighted with a side who creates some chances and manages to keep possession for large parts of the game. The result really means f**k all with the league the priority and Ray getting to know the players for next Saturday. Ray really has a low bar to hit for this first game; I think if we see a corner kick land within a 15metre radius of the penalty spot we can take real positives from the game. Bit of a kick in the stones to hear McGhee is out for the foreseeable. 

Id like to progress obviously(I want to win every game) its a joke competition till the semis but the real match time for Ray to work with could work to his advantage giving him games to work with the team.

Its just a pity we dont have Irving and Rudden to give Ray the full available fit players to see what they can do today to shape for next week.

Im guessing it will be Muirhead and Harrison in the centre, the rest is ???????