The Falkirk FC Thread

afc-fylde-mill-farm-east-terrace-1500657

Given there would be no need to build a full height stand, something like this along the side would be fine in my opinion.  If some sort of functional/money making building can be incorporated into a slightly larger structure then fine.  The problem we have is we need to fill the space but dont have a need for much more capacity in the stadium.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It would look ridiculous and the view would be utter mince. Surely it would just be standing and not safe standing.  When would we ever use the seats??

The definition of what constitutes safe standing is going to change over time. It might well be that conventional terracing (probably with increased rails) will fit the bill just fine.

i personally would rather have that than attempt to build a “to scale” fourth stand that could easily cost fifteen million in order to sit empty most of the time.

Of course, it could be elevated such that the front row was actually four or five feet above pitch level. The shed at Brockville was much lower than the main stand, the Watson Street end, and the Hope Street end, yet it was a great wee ground (until it started to deteriorate in its last ten years). Can’t remember scaling of stands in relation to one another being a big deal.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Realistically, the east stand/terracing isn't being built any time soon. Any money whatsoever spent on even planning this would also be a complete dereliction of duty by the club while we're in the championship.

Even in the Premiership, we'd very rarely if ever require seats for more than 7000 home fans, so I'd far rather any money we have available goes towards the playing squad.

The only way I could see this happening is if there was some sort of bigger project on the site involving commercial space which meant the cost to us would be minimal.

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Realistically, the east stand/terracing isn't being built any time soon. Any money whatsoever spent on even planning this would also be a complete dereliction of duty by the club while we're in the championship.

Even in the Premiership, we'd very rarely if ever require seats for more than 7000 home fans, so I'd far rather any money we have available goes towards the playing squad.

The only way I could see this happening is if there was some sort of bigger project on the site involving commercial space which meant the cost to us would be minimal.

Thats the only way anything is going to happen there. It has to be self funded. No point in putting in something we dont need if its going to cost us cash. I would've thought the preference would be some kind of building whether its flats or a hotel with a stand facing the pitch. I would've thought in that case there's more chance  it would contain seats or rail seats and not simple old style terracing .

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

f**k off Sheps

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Going to wait and see how bad my hangover is before deciding on tomorrows game. 

Pros:

Ray's first game

Team i've never seen before

Fitba

Cons:

Challenge cup

Same shite players for us

Welsh mob sound like diddy hammerthrowers

That's true tbf, the squad is horrific. Best thing about Ray is that he didn't sign any of them so unlike Hartley he won't have to pretend they're amazing or anything.

Aside from the comical recruitment process and ensuing meltdowns, the best thing about hiring Ray is that he's not Kenny Miller, Dick Campbell or any of the other realistic candidates. He's no Jack Ross either, just a steady championship manager who will hopefully stop the rot.

The pros outweigh the cons, Id add Dallison being out as a pro too !!

54 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

More likely to reduce the wear and tear on the current surface. Can't see us going back to grass in the near future.

All it will take is a Celtic injury on Killie or Livvys park to see the Premier do as the English counterparts.......

The Livvy pitch may just bring that out for our governing body to say no alone, that pitch gives the decent ones a bad name, I cant stop watching the pellets in the highlights

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

The pros outweigh the cons, Id add Dallison being out as a pro too !!

All it will take is a Celtic injury on Killie or Livvys park to see the Premier do as the English counterparts.......

The Livvy pitch may just bring that out for our governing body to say no alone, that pitch gives the decent ones a bad name, I cant stop watching the pellets in the highlights

Cant see them getting enough votes now that you've got killie, livi and Hamilton with these pitches especially as Livi have just laid theirs and it wont have been cheap.  Most people realise that the only teams who ever blame the pitch on injuries are Rangers and Celtic. Our injury record since moving to artificial is probably better than it was before.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As a Falkirk supporter who pays council tax in a different area, this is a win-win.

Then again, your council tax probably goes towards policing and cleaning up Orange Walks, so it's swings and roundabouts on that one.

Back to the pitch though, it may just be a case of them having a pitch to hire out whilst the main pitch is used to train the first team on.

The current pitch goes past its sell by date at the end of next season. But that's only the surface , you don't need to replace the underground drainage or foundations on it as they should last more or less forever. As I can mind it wasn't just the state of the pitch that made the club want to change but the cost of up keep, especially the undersoil heating which would cost thousands to run only for a game that would attract 3000 fans in January.   so canny see them putting all that back in if that would cost a fortune, we'll probably go bust after paying full time wages in league 1 next season anyway.

Put that new pitch indoors, or even just a roof and some windbreaks  and your onto a winner, there's nae full size indoor 4g parks for miles, there's only 4 five aside parks at coasters and there always rammed in the winter time. 

Standing along the east touchline would be very popular I think. but it would take people away from the 2 stands , the main stand already has noticeable gaps in it. no new people will turn up   ( That "if you build it they will come"  is a lot of pish 90% of the time)  If we got promoted then we could always just give generous ticket allocations to well supported teams, at least until we were entertaining enough that there was more demand for the home end.

unfortunately that's a non issue since we are fucking useless , we failed to get out a week championship before 2014 , we failed to capitalise on hearts hibs rangers and a cup final windfall, we failed to get promotion when we only needed a fucking draw at rugby park.  we failed to hold onto a lead against an underperforming Dundee utd side. we then went and signed a buch of championship diddys sacked the manager, got a new one, horsed out the diddys and replaced them with super diddys.  and all the while have put supporters to sleep with some absolutely dreadfull fitbaw for the last 8 or 9 years. i'd say the only way is up but when your bottom of the table with 0 points and only 1 goal ( from our only shot on target none the less) it might well be down!  lets just leave hotels with stands till we've sorted out the team on the park.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Then again, your council tax probably goes towards policing and cleaning up Orange Walks, so it's swings and roundabouts on that one.

Back to the pitch though, it may just be a case of them having a pitch to hire out whilst the main pitch is used to train the first team on.

I always wondered why the community teams dont use the main pitch and instead seem to use the new one up at the old Woodlands High school area.  Surely it would be much better if the club was getting the money for this from the communty teams . 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

This will never get near court for fecks sake .  Morton came out with the ludicrous sum of 100k so in order to get things moving Mckinnon had to resign.  A nominal fee can now be agreed and we can all go about our business. 

It never going to get near court. If there's a case to answer then it will be an SPFL tribunal that deals with it.

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I always wondered why the community teams dont use the main pitch and instead seem to use the new one up at the old Woodlands High school area.  Surely it would be much better if the club was getting the money for this from the communty teams . 

Think thy use that pitch as that and Games Hall was ‘saved’ by grant funding that the foundation were awarded.