The Falkirk FC Thread

The same with Jefferies and Hearts. Jim built a brilliant team, nearly got us into Europe through the league, then he said he is staying with us, then he walks out. I was totally pi**ed off with Hearts then, couldn't really fault Jim though.
So we've been in the same boat a few times as Morton fans, I felt the same with Jefferies and McCall, so can see the 'ton supporters side of things. It's just that our managerial losses were  on a bigger scale than losing a 3 month debutant.

Yep went through it with him too. However the lure of his boyhood team was too much. If the rumoured money that Fulston (b*****d) was offering JJ to stay had kept him, then we would have been in provisional liquidation a year earlier.

31 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Think Morton fans think Falkirk are being mendacious

Judging by the calibre of reply on this thread from Morton fans they will likely think mendacious is Johansson's assistant manager.

Edited by MattBerninger

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

We did get compo from united.

I thought so - I think Thompson senior offered 75k -100k as part of the original deal. McCall said something along the lines of 'at least you're getting some money for me for the club ', to try to save face.

Because I enjoy it and will address it when people talk absolute nonsense dressed up as fact. If you're not quite clear on the concept of a multi-club forum then perhaps this isn't the place for you?
Incidentally I haven't said anything about contract law, I'm not a lawyer. I addressed the issue of how the football authorities will treat the situation. I do know a fair bit about that.

Really? You would never get that impression from your posts.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Yeah, a player couldn’t just leave 6 months into a 2 year contract, for example.

Well no, he can't. Not unless the club agrees to it ultimately. It could if it wanted to be stubborn and could afford it, sit him in the stand for the other 18 months.

Its a decision entirely for the club to take whether to do so on principle or cut losses. The player cant force it.

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_5750.jpg

I believe that you lot have all now accepted that compensation is possible as you received a six figure payment when McCall left you guys. So all your slavering shite and confidence along with a purity of supposed understanding of employment law is all in tatters. That lassie chairperson you have who is a supposedly a hot shot employment lawyer (in Falkirk high street) has made an absolute c**t of this. So in summary very pleased with Jonaton, plus the 100k , plus you guys will now have to take a look at your complete lack of points and a squad full of stinking shit like Mark "I'm just back from Ibiza" Russell. Glorious !

I believe that you lot have all now accepted that compensation is possible as you received a six figure payment when McCall left you guys. So all your slavering shite and confidence along with a purity of supposed understanding of employment law is all in tatters. That lassie chairperson you have who is a supposedly a hot shot employment lawyer (in Falkirk high street) has made an absolute c**t of this. So in summary very pleased with Jonaton, plus the 100k , plus you guys will now have to take a look at your complete lack of points and a squad full of stinking shit like Mark "I'm just back from Ibiza" Russell. Glorious !
In serious danger of going full Rangers.

You never go full Rangers

14 minutes ago, gmac1874 said:

We'll see your chairman in court. 

22 minutes ago, gmac1874 said:

I believe that you and your fellow Ton fans have finally lost your slender grip of reality. 

You'll take the end of big Mags shoe right up wee Crawfords proof chute and disappear back into the lower Championship/seaside league oblivion that has been your natural home for the last generation.  

I believe that you and your fellow Ton fans have finally lost your slender grip of reality. 
You'll take the end of big Mags shoe right up wee Crawfords proof chute and disappear back into the lower Championship/seaside league oblivion that has been your natural home for the last generation.  
Look at this guy.... 8 posts in and delivering.

54 minutes ago, gmac1874 said:

There are many things I believe in. I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows. I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows. Every time I hear a new born baby cry, or touch a leaf, or see the sky, then I know why I believe.

Mr Rae taken one step forward or backwards on his compensation claim? What would be your guess?

There are many things I believe in. I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows. I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows. Every time I hear a new born baby cry, or touch a leaf, or see the sky, then I know why I believe.
Mr Rae taken one step forward or backwards on his compensation claim? What would be your guess?
Savage Garden thread for this pish

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Savage Garden thread for this pish

Bachelors you heretic. Besides,  I’m a Third Eye Blind kind of guy.