The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

While we are talking about stealing from Morton, do they have any players we fancy taking.

Their right back. Dont know who it is, but take him anyway. Other than that, they are a fucking gang who were playing above themselves for a top drawer manager. 

Thanks again

Right. But what he's suggesting is that 'every single person in the world' can leave their job on a whim.
Clearly a load of pish. 
I don't actually know the differences between players and managers in this instance but comparing it to the layman in terms of handing in your notice and just jogging on clearly doesn't apply in certain circumstances, namely football contracts
It applies when you are taking about a manager at Morton, given that it happens with managers all the time there is obviously no recourse from footballing bodies to prevent a manager from resigning and then taking up a job within the game in a certain amount of time. Otherwise we would have got compo when jobby McCall waltzed off to Dundee United for example.

Ranaldo's contact will be full of loads of stuff about sponsorship etc etc but that doesn't mean he still couldn't walk out of his job playing job, forefitting some or all of that cash ala David Beckham and bryll cream but that's isn't the same as his wage for his job, juve wouldn't get his salary back they would just stop paying him.

Sign on payments and bonuses could be different but I can't imagine big Ray had anything like that with you.

By the amount of Morton fans on this Falkirk thread, it looks like we have poached not only their manager but some of their supporters too.  Come of board you Greenock folks, if you miss McKinnon so much, come support him here.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
error

27 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

It applies when you are taking about a manager at Morton, given that it happens with managers all the time there is obviously no recourse from footballing bodies to prevent a manager from resigning and then taking up a job within the game in a certain amount of time. Otherwise we would have got compo when jobby McCall waltzed off to Dundee United for example.

Ranaldo's contact will be full of loads of stuff about sponsorship etc etc but that doesn't mean he still couldn't walk out of his job playing job, forefitting some or all of that cash ala David Beckham and bryll cream but that's isn't the same as his wage for his job, juve wouldn't get his salary back they would just stop paying him.

Sign on payments and bonuses could be different but I can't imagine big Ray had anything like that with you.

Actually where a football club entices a manager to break his contract with another football club, compensation will generally be payable unless something in his contract says otherwise. It is for instance not unusual for assistant managers to have a clause inserted in their contract allowing them to leave without compensation if they are offered a managers job elsewhere.

Its not like players, players have a registration system which restricts free movement on a formal basis, but its not like leaving Tesco to work at Morrisons either. There is a governing body (two in fact) which will rule and enforce in case of dispute.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually where a football club entices a manager to break his contract with another football club, compensation will generally be payable unless something in his contract says otherwise. It is for instance not unusual for assistant managers to gave a clause inserted in their contract allowing them to leave without compensation if they are offered a managers job elsewhere.

Its not like players, players have a registration system which restricts free movement on a formal basis, but its not like leaving Tesco to work at Morrisons either. There is a governing body (two in fact) which will rule and enforce in case of dispute.

hey, QOS fan.  Your team is doing really well right now, they turned us over 2 weeks ago and we would bite your hand off for Dobbie.  Why are you wasting so much of your time on giving us contract law.  I'm on holiday this week and don't have anything to do today, what's your excuse?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

34 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

We did get compo from united.

7 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

hey, QOS fan.  Your team is doing really well right now, they turned us over 2 weeks ago and we would bite your hand off for Dobbie.  Why are you wasting so much of your time on giving us contract law.  I'm on holiday this week and don't have anything to do today, what's your excuse?

Because I enjoy it and will address it when people talk absolute nonsense dressed up as fact. If you're not quite clear on the concept of a multi-club forum then perhaps this isn't the place for you?

Incidentally I haven't said anything about contract law, I'm not a lawyer. I addressed the issue of how the football authorities will treat the situation. I do know a fair bit about that.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Actually where a football club entices a manager to break his contract with another football club, compensation will generally be payable unless something in his contract says otherwise. It is for instance not unusual for assistant managers to have a clause inserted in their contract allowing them to leave without compensation if they are offered a managers job elsewhere.

However, there was no enticement, because Crawford Rae gave Falkirk F.C. permission to speak to Morton’s manager wrt the Falkirk manager’s position. That is absolutely key in this.

Even if it was a Falkirk Board member who informed McKinnon that their chairman had refused them permission to speak to him, that in and of itself does not constitute enticement.

I cannot see Falkirk moving from that position (save from the bit about McKinnon being informed by a journalist). No one knows who the journalist was, and in any case, there was nothing wrong in FFC informing a journalist of this development.

That's a fair point, I wonder how they would categorically prove we enticed him though. If the club initially give us permission to speak to him, then withdraw the offer to sell him, it would then be his decision as an individual to resign I would assume. In that scenario the club could easily claim they acted properly and he decided to resign of his own accord and then reapproach us about the position.

Not that it would matter in the long run if we paid out 8-9 months wage for him based on what remained of his contact.

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You are right Skyline Drifter. Even when "ordinary" employees resign and don't bother to work their notice period  there is such limited compensation to be had that employers don't bother. However where the new employer (Falkirk) have formally enticed that employee (snake cunto) to breach their contract then much more significant compensation is possible via the civil court rather than an employment tribunal. 

Anyway f**k you all. We've got Jonaton. Would have taken him over the Dundee untied failure at the beginning of the season. Yaaaasss!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Faux happiness in full flow!

I also love the extra lump of fake legalese............”formally enticed”. Away ya daftie.

“Much more compensation in a civil court”........good luck with that. Watch your Chairman now flap around “look at JJ, look at JJ” as he quietly backtracks away from any action that he knows would end in utter failure.

Edited by Duncan Freemason