The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, be disappointed if we forego our current dignified stance, befitting of our #bigteam stature, and replace it with the Crawford Rae, 4 year old lying down on the floor of the supermarket screaming and kicking its legs approach

You seem to be rather ignorant of how the process of bringing a miscreant to the negotiating table works.  You probably think the world is flat as well.  It’s Ray who will have to pay unless he is happy to be crippled by defence costs. 

12 hours ago, Stainrod said:

How can we be accused of being untrustworthy our chairwoman is a top lawyer ( in falkirk high street ) and is so smart she would never get caught out messing up contract law . If she did and cost the club money she would undoubtably do the right thing and fall on her sword ! But we're talking top corporate stuff here she is feared in the falkirk courts dynamic insightful, never misses a trick I hear .So my guess is like the club itself we're all safe in the hands of our masterful committee leader! No fear when she's near!

Margaret Laing >>>> Harvey Specter

You seem to be rather ignorant of how the process of bringing a miscreant to the negotiating table works.  You probably think the world is flat as well.  It’s Ray who will have to pay unless he is happy to be crippled by defence costs. 
Seething

I've noticed a for a while now you having digs at lang, or 'lady lawyer' as you most commonly refer to her as. Is there actually another underlying reason for this? Rather than anything to do with the club? 
Why on earth would we have acted impeccably with ayr and the dealings with McCall to the point that Ayr used this very phrase when talking about our approach, and then do the polar opposite with Morton? 

Your misunderstanding my intent I'm she is doing a great job and I am confident in her ability , but I'm also pointing out if she has messed up and costs us money then she being honorable will rightly fall on her sword!

27 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Jeez.  Zero interest in this Falkirk/Morton "my team is better than yours" back and forward.  Boring.  Talk about team news etc, not about this juvenile pissing contest.

No Irving, Rudden or McGhee for this one? I'd bring Dunne and McKee in from the cold to give them a chance.

I'd go

Mitchell

Russell Muirhead Harrison Robson

Greenwood Sammut McKee Dunne

Haber Lewis

Subs: Fasan, Brough, Dallison, Kidd, Petra, Froxy, Mackin

Ideally you'd have McGhee in for Harrison, Irving in for McKee, Rudden in for Lewis and a proper defensive midfielder in for Sammut. Paton can GTF, absolute imposter.

Haber hasn't looked great so far but with a couple of proper wingers/fullbacks then hopefully he'll get the service and we can see why Dundee fans weren't delighted to lose him. Maybe gives Lewis another chance to show what he's made of too, no idea what Rudden's like but Lewis hasn't exactly nailed down a spot.

Edited by ilostmyself

11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

No Irving, Rudden or McGhee for this one? I'd bring Dunne and McKee in from the cold to give them a chance.

I'd go

Mitchell

Haber Lewis

Subs: Fasan, Brough, Dallison, Kidd, Petra, Froxy, Mackin

Ideally you'd have McGhee in for Harrison, Irving in for McKee, Rudden in for Lewis and a proper defensive midfielder in for Sammut. Paton can GTF, absolute imposter.

Haber hasn't looked great so far but with a couple of proper wingers/fullbacks then hopefully he'll get the service and we can see why Dundee weren't delighted to lose him. Maybe gives Lewis another chance to show what he's made of too, no idea what Rudden's like but Lewis hasn't exactly nailed down a spot.

That team looks good to me.  I'd drop Fasan for his wandering out of his goal too much, gave me the heebee jeebees at the QOS game, even though he did keep the score down.  Greenwood and  Dunne dribbling down the wings could be exciting and I really need to see Haber get his first goal, he's looked pretty ineffectual so far, a goal would give him, and us, confidence.  I'd would bring on Mackin on the hour for Lewis - with the wingers on there will probably be a few balls bobbing around the goal and Mackin is better at getting his foot in first than Lewis is.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd go

Mitchell

Haber Lewis

Fasan, Brough, Dallison, Kidd, Petra, Froxy, Mackin

Haber hasn't looked great so far but with a couple of proper wingers/fullbacks then hopefully he'll get the service and we can see why Dundee weren't delighted to lose him.

Think McKinnon, if he is still there as a week is a long time to be loyal in his world, will use this game for another of his experiments . Probably play Haber as a winger and, as he is quoted as saying he didn’t know what Russell’s best position was  put him in goal and make him captain. Maybe Rat will also give his yellow sweater a run out. 

Have you Morton guys have no interest in your own team?   Why hang out on a Falkirk forum.  I don't give a monkey's about what other teams fans think about anything.  I am only concerned about my own team.  Life is too short.  I have nothing against Morton or their fans, or any other team, even the artificial rivalry between us and Dunfermline.  I only care about Falkirk, my home team.

Good shout seems like everybody agrees Fassan Is not the answer personally I'd go with Mutch in goal , nothing against Mitchell other than his ability to come for crosses!Brough was one of our best players against county and deserves to keep his place whereas irrespective how good Robson is going forward his decision not to hump the ball last Saturday cost us a goal.

19 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Think McKinnon, if he is still there as a week is a long time to be loyal in his world, will use this game for another of his experiments . Probably play Haber as a winger and, as he is quoted as saying he didn’t know what Russell’s best position was  put him in goal and make him captain. Maybe Rat will also give his yellow sweater a run out. 

Image result for bitter beer face

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

In my experience, contracts of employment tend to have a notice period of around a month. That applies to both fixed term and permanent ones. Employers don't generally want any longer than that because if you try to force someone to stay on then they start coming in late, pulling sickies and deliberately underperforming in  a way that damages the business.

So when someone walks out without working their notice the employer shrugs their shoulders and gets on with the job of replacing them with someone else who wants to be there. I've never heard of an employer trying to sue a former employee for not working a notice period. They simply don't pay the employee for that period. End of.

Now admittedly, Morton may be different. They may have written a nine month notice period into McKinnon's contract. (to May 2019, as per your Chairmans statement)

Do you really think that's likely? 

And if it were, that McKinnon or any other prospective manager would have signed it in the first place?

21 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Have you Morton guys have no interest in your own team?   Why hang out on a Falkirk forum.  I don't give a monkey's about what other teams fans think about anything.  I am only concerned about my own team.  Life is too short.  I have nothing against Morton or their fans, or any other team, even the artificial rivalry between us and Dunfermline.  I only care about Falkirk, my home team.

This isnt a Falkirk forum

HTH :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This isnt a Falkirk forum

HTH :) 

OK, an area of Pie and  Bovril set aside for Falkirk fans.   You have your own area too, why not use it?  You are wasting your time here, no-one cares.  I too would be angry if our manager had ditched us after 3 months but I would not be leaving comments on a Morton "forum" as I recognise I would be banging my head against a wall and only ratcheting up my own frustration.  Chill out, life is too short for this guff.

In my experience, contracts of employment tend to have a notice period of around a month. That applies to both fixed term and permanent ones. Employers don't generally want any longer than that because if you try to force someone to stay on then they start coming in late, pulling sickies and deliberately underperforming in  a way that damages the business.
So when someone walks out without working their notice the employer shrugs their shoulders and gets on with the job of replacing them with someone else who wants to be there. I've never heard of an employer trying to sue a former employee for not working a notice period. They simply don't pay the employee for that period. End of.
Now admittedly, Morton may be different. They may have written a nine month notice period into McKinnon's contract. (to May 2019, as per your Chairmans statement)
Do you really think that's likely? 
And if it were, that McKinnon or any other prospective manager would have signed it in the first place?

Yawn

8 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

OK, an area of Pie and  Bovril set aside for Falkirk fans.   You have your own area too, why not use it?  You are wasting your time here, no-one cares.  I too would be angry if our manager had ditched us after 3 months but I would not be leaving comments on a Morton "forum" as I recognise I would be banging my head against a wall and only ratcheting up my own frustration.  Chill out, life is too short for this guff.

Sounds like you'd fit in pretty well on a Morton "forum" right now