The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I love that Morton fans on here think that McKinnon will have to pay compo to the club for resigning.

Every signs person in the world can leave their job whenever the f**k they want and there isn't a single thing their employer can do about it, contacts and notice periods are meaningless in that regard, companies cannot own individuals.

What do you honestly think should happen, they should force him to work at morton?

Seething pish.

Don't think that's how it works in football though. Think Ronaldo can just resign from Juve and sign for Man Utd on a whim and leave them holding their dicks minus about £100m?

There are rules in place. Look at the boy Patrick signed who's being frozen out of football for trying to f**k off from the Middle East in the middle of a contract

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Don't think that's how it works in football though. Think Ronaldo can just resign from Juve and sign for Man Utd on a whim and leave them holding their dicks minus about £100m?

There are rules in place. Look at the boy Patrick signed who's being frozen out of football for trying to f**k off from the Middle East in the middle of a contract

Players and managers are entirely different. You must surely be aware of that.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

No Irving, Rudden or McGhee for this one? I'd bring Dunne and McKee in from the cold to give them a chance.

I'd go

Mitchell

Russell Muirhead Harrison Robson

Greenwood Sammut McKee Dunne

Haber Lewis

Subs: Fasan, Brough, Dallison, Kidd, Petra, Froxy, Mackin

Ideally you'd have McGhee in for Harrison, Irving in for McKee, Rudden in for Lewis and a proper defensive midfielder in for Sammut. Paton can GTF, absolute imposter.

Haber hasn't looked great so far but with a couple of proper wingers/fullbacks then hopefully he'll get the service and we can see why Dundee fans weren't delighted to lose him. Maybe gives Lewis another chance to show what he's made of too, no idea what Rudden's like but Lewis hasn't exactly nailed down a spot.

Exactly this for me as well

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Players and managers are entirely different. You must surely be aware of that.

Right. But what he's suggesting is that 'every single person in the world' can leave their job on a whim.

Clearly a load of pish. 

I don't actually know the differences between players and managers in this instance but comparing it to the layman in terms of handing in your notice and just jogging on clearly doesn't apply in certain circumstances, namely football contracts

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think it's fairly unlikely that any full time football manager's contract doesn't have a break clause in it detailing compensation payable by either party in the event of termination. It's not like the early termination of a managerial contract is an unusual circumstance so they usually cater for it. I've no idea if Morton had one in there or not, but the inclusion of one would be standard practice in a manager's contract. I wouldn't particularly surprise me if the value of that break clause was the remaining contract value of remuneration.

Ouch!

17 minutes ago, Mr X said:

How can anyone not be enjoying the wisdom and contract law knowledge of the succession of Morton fans on here?

Pure gold

What they can't seem to grasp is the harsh reality that not all employment contracts are the same, therefore there is the possibility that no or little notice period was included in his contract. 

6 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Half of these fannies going on about employment law and rights of Morton or McKinnon for that matter will be the same ones that will shout “offside” at a throw in.

6 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Half of these fannies going on about employment law and rights of Morton or McKinnon for that matter will be the same ones that will shout “offside” at a throw in.

Or saying, he’s had treatment ref, he has tae go aff. Ye can nae let him stay oan the park.