The Falkirk FC Thread

Last few times I’ve had a class time. Just seen the one wee scrap which was a good laugh.
Class. It must be two maybe 3 years since I was there. Might be different now but I was always guaranteed to go up the stairs, turn to the bar on the right as you walk in and bump into multiple folk I knew. Then buy a few red rockets off the witch lassie behind the bar and wonder why I got no sleep that night

Class. It must be two maybe 3 years since I was there. Might be different now but I was always guaranteed to go up the stairs, turn to the bar on the right as you walk in and bump into multiple folk I knew. Then buy a few red rockets off the witch lassie behind the bar and wonder why I got no sleep that night

Hahahahaha I mind the witch lassie. Don’t think she’s there anymore unfortunately. Vodka red bulls are a good idea until your lying in your bed gassed and wide awake :lol:

43 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Hahahahaha I mind the witch lassie. Don’t think she’s there anymore unfortunately. Vodka red bulls are a good idea until your lying in your bed gassed and wide awake :lol:

Amphetamine manufacturers must rue the day Red Bull was invented. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

WHIT?? Tbf I have seen my fair share of battles in there but no worse than most clubs and it certainly wouldnt find you unless you were either looking for it or involved in some pishy 18 year old style feud. 

Class night out. Specially a Saturday which came into its own once you reached mid 20s as it was an older crowd. 

Never had a reason or want to ever go through to Falkirk for a night out to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Never had a reason or want to ever go through to Falkirk for a night out to be honest. 

For most people, it’s because trendy “City of Stirling” shuts around 9.30pm.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I live in Stirling, have done my whole life. It really doesn't close at 9:30pm, I think the students would have something to say about that, but then again, those wallops have something to say about everything. 

I think the last two pages highlight how dire supporting FFC has become!

'did ye get a ride at doaksies?'

'oor city's bigger than your wee toon '

FFS!

I despair for the state our club's in. Apathy taking over, and it's gonna be a long journey back.

13 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

FFS!

I despair for the state our club's in. Apathy taking over, and it's gonna be a long journey back.

Trouble is fitba in Scotland is one step up frae  the bookies, the dugs and the bevy. Most of the players are from that culture, the best managers too and as a result they need to have both brains n eyes in the back of their heid. 

Ideally they all need to be kept on a tight leash by a strong board who can handle the culture including  the language and all the shit that a bunch of delinquents can deliver. Give them an inch they, ll take a mile, give the coach a hint that he's been managed by a teaparty crew and hell take the pish and yer cash, unless he has your club in his blood or on the way up its just a joab n he will line his pockets and aim for average n hope every other club manager is doing the same. Every so often you get a jack Ross, mccall a few years back or a jeffries who will go the extra mile and can deal with the shit and your club can fly, But like you need a strong spine on the park you need a stronger spine at the club. There's one obvious element of our spine ie. the fans, the manager or those in charge that don't appear to have the necessary attributes to succeed in the tough world of Scottish football. Delivering shite will work for a while, blaming others will put of the inevitable and I guess ultimately if the fans like me turn up irrespective of what's on the park then it can continue within budget and to order, but using me as a barometer I'm not far from getn ma fitba fix fae the telly where at least the players have some skill and the game some excitement. So I guess if I'm thinking of giving it a miss after 50 yrs of going every week I guess we are in need of serious intervention and change. If it doesn't happen then Airdrie here we come. 

7 hours ago, Bofabairn said:

FFS!

Senor Bairn was changing the subject from the Morton pish m8. 

Hth.

Morton fans slagging Mckinnon off for Saturdays defeat . Slag our piss poor team all you want but its got feck all to do with the current incumbent . 

Can't help feeling we're piling a lot of pressure on young Rudden here.  Boy was one of the top prospects in Scottish football a couple of years back but has gone backwards a bit in recent seasons having stagnated at the currant buns like a lot of young players. He's had very limited first team experience so to expect him to be our saviour is stretching it a bit.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hartley couldn't be blamed because of the mess Houston had left the team in.

McKinnon can't be blamed because of the mess Hartley has left the team in.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Come on Pep Guardiola couldn't get a tune out the current bunch.  I'm a moaning faced git at the best of times but even I cant blame McKinnon for Saturdays defeat. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

18 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Repeat ad nauseam.

Hartley fixed Houston's mess and then made it worse over the summer.

McKinnon: we'll have to wait and see.

51 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Morton fans slagging Mckinnon off for Saturdays defeat . Slag our piss poor team all you want but its got feck all to do with the current incumbent . 

Can't help feeling we're piling a lot of pressure on young Rudden here.  Boy was one of the top prospects in Scottish football a couple of years back but has gone backwards a bit in recent seasons having stagnated at the currant buns like a lot of young players. He's had very limited first team experience so to expect him to be our saviour is stretching it a bit.

By virtue of me never having seen him play, unlike this lot, I am confident he is comfortably our best player. 

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Repeat ad nauseam.

That this individual cannot grasp the most basic tenets of football management, and the main reason new managers are appointed should not come as a surprise to anyone. My spaniel could outthink this geezer.

From the current bunch, the starting 11 has to contain McGhee, Robson, Irving, Dunne and Greenwood.

Luckily we’ve still got to see what Rudden is like, maybe he could form a partnership with Haber who has been disappointing.

McKee and Mitchell coming in could also do a job for us.

Looking at the players mentioned that means the squad would look like
Mitchell

Diddy
McGhee
Diddy
Robson

Greenwood
McKee
Irving
Dunne

Rudden
Haber

Defensively we have one too many liabilities and the midfield is absolutely powderpuff. I miss housty x