The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Fasan taking a bit of stick. I don’t think he has been too bad TBH. Most have seen Mitchell only twice max and say he is better. He may well be but I haven’t seen enough to judge

Fasan taking a bit of stick. I don’t think he has been too bad TBH. Most have seen Mitchell only twice max and say he is better. He may well be but I haven’t seen enough to judge

Mitchell played pretty well today but agree with you that it is too soon to say he is better than Fasan.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There might not be much between them but I personally like Mitchell for his constant shouting and organising of the defensive unit, we dont have a real big voice in the back 4, doesnt make shite become good but Millar in the midfield made us tick with his constant moaning

I've liked the look of Froxy from what I've seen. I think he might offer some of the creativity we've been lacking.

Albeit, he doesn't track back enough(which you don't really want him doing anyway) to play in a midfield 2, so I think he's better behind a striker.

I've liked the look of Froxy from what I've seen. I think he might offer some of the creativity we've been lacking.
Albeit, he doesn't track back enough(which you don't really want him doing anyway) to play in a midfield 2, so I think he's better behind a striker.

Froxy is a natural number 10, anyone expecting him to do defensive work doesn't understand his game.
Get him another 10% fitter and we will have a serious player.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Froxy is a natural number 10, anyone expecting him to do defensive work doesn't understand his game.

Getting him fit could be a struggle. Watching him warming up at half time on sat he put zero effort in what so ever and stopped every time the coach turned round.

Any word on the injuries today being nothing or a few weeks?

Mitchell’s looked a sore one. Cracking penalty save then he looked like he landed on his shoulder. He was down for about 5 minutes, then he walked off looking totally pissed off with his arm hanging down like it was a dislocation. It might not be though hopefully. Mackin just pulled up a bit then walked off, couldn’t really tell what was wrong with him.

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

Mitchell’s looked a sore one. Cracking penalty save then he looked like he landed on his shoulder. He was down for about 5 minutes, then he walked off looking totally pissed off with his arm hanging down like it was a dislocation. It might not be though hopefully. Mackin just pulled up a bit then walked off, couldn’t really tell what was wrong with him.

Thanks for the info

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It's funny, Dumbarton fans were saying "if he was 10% fitter he wouldn't be playing for Dumbarton" last season. He's just a lazy b*****d, he literally had every day free when he was with Dumbarton and still never bothered getting himself fit. Full time training doesn't appear to have changed him.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny, Dumbarton fans were saying "if he was 10% fitter he wouldn't be playing for Dumbarton" last season. He's just a lazy b*****d, he literally had every day free when he was with Dumbarton and still never bothered getting himself fit. Full time training doesn't appear to have changed him.

To be fair he hasn't had competent full time training yet and our fitness coach has been sacked. Hopefully with someone who actually knows what they are doing the can get him up to speed. More game time can only help as well. 

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

To be fair he hasn't had competent full time training yet and our fitness coach has been sacked. Hopefully with someone who actually knows what they are doing the can get him up to speed. More game time can only help as well. 

Wasnt that Hartleys big thing with them being fit, sure they were on double training sessions when Tam Ritchie was there which is probably a good indication why they were so p*ssed off being beasted twice a day.

Totally agree. Not what we are needing at this time.

Totally agree. Not what we are needing at this time.
Really?

The other young boys might be able to drill themselves into mega fitness pretty quick, but that would still leave us with precisely no one with any creativity of magic that Froxy has. We need to get to a stage where we can carry a luxury player, not simply cast him aside. Its goals we need.