The Falkirk FC Thread

Hartley said he would rather work with a small squad (or it could have been someone in the board that told him that to cut back on money) but on that logic there should be room for a couple of free agents if we have a smaller than usual squad, At the end of the day if they want sub par attendences next season then they need to pull out all stops to avoid relegation which will probably mean someone putting up more funds.

40 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Just watched the highlights and Petra definitely looked more effective getting in behind the defence. Was only highlights though so he might have been poor most of the game

I felt it was his best game for us so far, he actually looked like he might be useful played through the middle. That being said I felt he could have done better with his attempt to chip the keeper and he was also baring down on goal in the second half, albeit from an angle, and seemed to take an age to get a shot off.

I felt it was his best game for us so far, he actually looked like he might be useful played through the middle. That being said I felt he could have done better with his attempt to chip the keeper and he was also baring down on goal in the second half, albeit from an angle, and seemed to take an age to get a shot off.
If he gets in those positions he will score goals. His pace should mean he'll get in behind enough that if he gets enough chances he'll score some

1 minute ago, Rocco said:
4 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

If he gets in those positions he will score goals. His pace should mean he'll get in behind enough that if he gets enough chances he'll score some

Given that hardly anyone else even remotely looks like scoring i'd agree. Anyone know what's happened with Greenwood? I thought he was one of very few that looked promising.

53 minutes ago, Rocco said:
57 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

You have seen him cross a corner from one one end of the park to another and his shots at goal so far, he really has no football brain whatsoever and looks mainly like a wee boy/big boy lost half the time. 

We may get some kinda burst tune out of him but he really needs coached to a higher level to be even worthy of any promise as of yet and his pace is nowhere near where Dunnes pace is at

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Hartley said he would rather work with a small squad (or it could have been someone in the board that told him that to cut back on money) but on that logic there should be room for a couple of free agents if we have a smaller than usual squad, At the end of the day if they want sub par attendences next season then they need to pull out all stops to avoid relegation which will probably mean someone putting up more funds.

That was just more shite from hartley. We have as big a squad as ever. All this squad of about 20 players of better quality pish he spouted turned into a big squad full of absolute dross. 

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Remember a lot of these lads are under 20. Perhaps some developments are needed before playing in the gritty environment of the Scottish Championship. It is not a league for softies as I think Sammut has discovered. If you are technically gifted you are clogged early

Haven't seen every game of his but I've not Sammut show any silky skills or obvious ability, then get put 10 feet in the air. He's just looked like another adds nothing midfielder for our conveyor belt of beigeness. Irving has looked more talented.

McKinnon will have an idea now of what he has got and what he can do with them. He and his team will be setting out a style of play that will suit the strengths and minimise the weakness individuals have.  Goodness knows what the formation will be. But as ugly as it may be, if we are not detached come the end of the year then McKinnon will have gone a good job and take it from there with who he ships out and who he brings in. Not good reading I know but the fans must back the team that goes on the pitch, getting on their backs before a ball is kicked is counter productive. You never know there may be 1 or 2 gems that are going to shine. Expect the unexpected !

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McKinnon will have an idea now of what he has got and what he can do with them. He and his team will be setting out a style of play that will suit the strengths and minimise the weakness individuals have.  Goodness knows what the formation will be. But as ugly as it may be, if we are not detached come the end of the year then McKinnon will have gone a good job and take it from there with who he ships out and who he brings in. Not good reading I know but the fans must back the team that goes on the pitch, getting on their backs before a ball is kicked is counter productive. You never know there may be 1 or 2 gems that are going to shine. Expect the unexpected !

Aye, as opposed to good players who don't try and therefore may be deserved to be booed, these (most) are poor players who certainly won't become any better if they're getting pelters. We need to try to encourage them as much as we can then keep our fingers crossed!

32 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Remember a lot of these lads are under 20. Perhaps some developments are needed before playing in the gritty environment of the Scottish Championship. It is not a league for softies as I think Sammut has discovered. If you are technically gifted you are clogged early

The English leagues can be a lot softer and get a lot of time on the ball than the higher contact in your face you get in Scotland, the higher up the league you go in England it gets softer, some premiership games can seem like its a non contact sport.