The Falkirk FC Thread

Good old fashioned booing Paton whenever he touches the ball is in order. Let the message be sent loud and clear. Only sorry we can’t gather behind the Brockville stand to vent our spleens.

Paton isn’t great, but there were more than a few worse than him on Saturday. Not sure it’s fair to burden him with the majority of the blame for what’s been a major f**k up by others....

But...But we were all told Paton would be the experienced anchor and midfield enforcing signing of the season and that every other supporter was wrong about him being a past it hachet man with no legs, what happened?

Think you might be mixing him up with Willo Flood, tbh. He still one of yours?

But...But we were all told Paton would be the experienced anchor and midfield enforcing signing of the season and that every other supporter was wrong about him being a past it hachet man with no legs, what happened?

Perhaps some said that but there was a fair few who were disappointed with the signing. Personally he’s my most hated Falkirk player of all time.

Pretty entertaining reserve game this afternoon. Finished 1 - 1 with County winning on penalties.
Froxy the stand out player for us with honourable mentions to Sammut, Russell, Dunne and Jarvis.
Mackin came off injured as did Mitchell after making a save in the shoot out.
Mackin injured isnt great. I thought he would be second fiddle big guy but it sounds like Haber is half arsing it.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty entertaining reserve game this afternoon. Finished 1 - 1 with County winning on penalties.
Froxy the stand out player for us with honourable mentions to Sammut, Russell, Dunne and Jarvis.

Well, at least there seems to be good performances coming out of the reserve games now. That's a change. 

Hopefully Mackin and Mitchell have just come off as precautions. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Mackin injured isnt great. I thought he would be second fiddle big guy but it sounds like Haber is half arsing it.

Haber is quarter arsing it at best. 

Just back from the reserves and agree with Reggie regarding the players who done well.

Dunne was playing more in a left wing back role. Think he and Robson could forge a good partnership down that flank.

Froxy is a player and should be in the starting 11, Russell also played really well and should start.

Mitchell looked distraught going off with what looked like a shoulder injury. Hopefully not a long term injury as again he played well and looked really safe.

At least you leave the reserve games without the dark gloom that seems to accompany leaving first team games.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just back from the reserves and agree with Reggie regarding the players who done well.

Dunne was playing more in a left wing back role. Think he and Robson could forge a good partnership down that flank.

Froxy is a player and should be in the starting 11, Russell also played really well and should start.

Mitchell looked distraught going off with what looked like a shoulder injury. Hopefully not a long term injury as again he played well and looked really safe.

At least you leave the reserve games without the dark gloom that seems to accompany leaving first team games.

What position did Russell play?

Agreed, good game, I thought Ross county were on top in the first half but falkirk came more and more into it. When county scored falkirk were by far the better team.

Froxy is frustrating to watch when he doesn’t track back, but he has got skills, can beat a man and no one can get the ball from him. I thought Russell was good at centre half. Greenwood is a hit or a miss, Sammut was alright, Dunne played well, O’Hara was a good when he came on too.

What a difference with Mitchell organising the defence constantly at free kicks and corners.

Agreed, good game, I thought Ross county were on top in the first half but falkirk came more and more into it. When county scored falkirk were by far the better team.

Froxy is frustrating to watch when he doesn’t track back, but he has got skills, can beat a man and no one can get the ball from him. I thought Russell was good at centre half. Greenwood is a hit or a miss, Sammut was alright, Dunne played well, O’Hara was a good when he came on too.

What a difference with Mitchell organising the defence constantly at free kicks and corners.
Mitchell is a better keeper than Fasan, I just hope the injury isn't a bad one.

I watched highlights from a Dumbarton game last season, which Froxy featured loads in and not once did he give the ball away

I watched highlights from a Dumbarton game last season, which Froxy featured loads in and not once did he give the ball away

There was a point late on when there was 3 county players round him trying to get the ball, step over, drag back then back heel sent Owen Evans away who almost put O’Hara one on one with the keeper. Need to play Froxy as he can actually do something with the ball and isn’t scared to try something.

10 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I wouldve liked to have seen Froxy in the TOE position first half in the middle and supporting the top two as the responsibilty of defending out wide is not his bag and could see him see red with some of his challenges, Greenwood was poor first half but I think he got better when he swapped to the left. Sammut was ok, still think he is a bit weak in the tackle and positional sense, Dunne has so much pace to burn, the one he cleared from a tap in, showed that side of his pace and Mitchell never stopped shouting all game at the defence and was livid with the defending for their goal.

The downside for me were Turner and TOE both weak and poor first touches, Russell, Dunne and Froxy the only 3 I think may have a chance of starting this week, tho I think the latter will be used as an impact sub.

Hopefully Mitchell is ok, I didnt know you could make subs during a penalty shoot out