The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Is this squad worse than the one when we should have been relegated? I think it might be at least then Mark Kerr and Lee Miller were promising. Steven Rennie and Ian Morris could easily walk into our starting 11and they were garbage. 

Yes, no question. Significantly worse to be honest 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The “standing on the ball” moment could happen to anyone (and does), but the really frustrating moment was in the second half when he got the better of the full back near the byeline, then proceeded to put it over the byeline with his next touch. Sadly, it had all the hallmarks of a Sunday League player.

i think before that (and given the horrendous memory of Petra’s attempt at a corner kick in the QotS game), Joe McKee took one second half, and just banged it straight out of play.

Watching Paton shuffling round the ball to try and get into a position to play a pass is absolutely cringeworthy, but in fairness, he constituted near enough the entirety of our midfield today. Absolutely no one other than Robson stamped any sort of authority on the game.

McKinnon is going to try and keep a few of these guys onside til the turn of the year, but I am sure that he will quickly write off the vast majority of the squad. I mean, how could he not?

i don’t know if in terms of performances, this sorry group have reached rock bottom. I simply refuse to judge McKinnon on any of the performances between now and January, because I reckon several of them are capable of turning in rancid performances at any given moment. It’s easy to say “he will have to make us hard to beat”. I can’t even begin to grasp how he will be able to do that given the lack of ability in seven or eight positions.

God knows how many signed first team squad players we have, but McKinnon really is going to have to grind through until January with a workable squad of little more than a dozen. The others simply cannot be trusted.

Lewis reminds me of me,  anyone that's ever played football with knows just how shite I am with the baw at my feet, appreciate that on an anonymous forum that's hard to picture!  can run and run and run, once in a blue moon get the better of a man, nae second touch.  That's why  I only  play fives with other shite players.   why is he in a team that charges an admission fee?

4 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Is this squad worse than the one when we should have been relegated? I think it might be at least then Mark Kerr and Lee Miller were promising. Steven Rennie and Ian Morris could easily walk into our starting 11and they were garbage. 

The team now is much worse. I reckon most of the new signings are bottom league 1 level at best. Even then, we were outplayed by Connah's Quay, Forfar, Montrose and East Fife who are at that level or lower, so that assessment could be generous.

Have we reached the point yet where we look to embrace relegation as some sort of giant clean out of the club top to bottom?

I'm getting there...

I got there this afternoon.  I cant quite put my finger on it maybe the fact that it was £10 , cash turnstiles . no police, only one stand open. both teams just trying their best no more, no less.  it made it feel more bearable than the normal raping we get for a league game . Definetly had a more relaxed feel about it ,   I hope we're away to Arbroath during the better weather  so we can get a smokey and eat it on the wall on the seafront.

Guest Back Post Misses
The team now is much worse. I reckon most of the new signings are bottom league 1 level at best. Even then, we were outplayed by Connah's Quay, Forfar, Montrose and East Fife who are at that level or lower, so that assessment could be generous.

I have not been one of your biggest critics but to say we were outplayed today is bollocks.

We were poor but they stole the game. Any competent side in the Championship or League 1 would be that rabble.

I would say that is the best we have played all season.

Watched McKinnon's after match interview and thought he was very good. He knows that squad is shite but if he comes out all Hartley and slags the players he loses them.

He realises this is what he has to work with until January so he spoke of positives and praised individual players McKee, Dunne which for me is better than slagging them off.

Yesterday was slightly better, the shape of the team especially in the first half was good. Two banks of 4, worked hard and looked difficult to break down.

A lapse of concentration early in the second half cost us. Anyone saying we were outplayed is either talking pish or they weren't there.

We had more of the play, especially after they scored but for me this is where our problem really lies. We look the now as if we could play all day and not score. Lewis, Haber, Petravicius are just not good enough or possibly in Haber's case just not interested enough. I was at the reserves Monday and Mackin although a lump will score given the right service, I would build the attack around him and get Rudden in beside him.

In terms of the entire squad it's the worst I have seen and for that I hope bad luck regularly visits Hartley and Mitchell for the rest of their lives. I have probably seen worse players but not a collective of so many.

As for us fans I really am at the stage where I sat yesterday and listened to quite a few round about me going absolutely ballistic and I thought what's the point. This team in terms of confidence are probably as low as they could be and us booing or berating individuals is going to do absolutely no good at all.

I am just praying that McKinnon can cobble together a team out of this sorry lot and stop us from being cast aside at the bottom until January.

It is going to be a difficult few months but I really believe McKinnon can keep us up.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have not been one of your biggest critics but to say we were outplayed today is bollocks.

We were poor but they stole the game. Any competent side in the Championship or League 1 would be that rabble.

I would say that is the best we have played all season.

Its definitely the best we've played this season that I've seen. As others said, at least there was a more obvious game plan..

If we give McKinnon a couple of transfer windows I like the prospects of him producing something watchable. 

Its just whether we can out shitfest Alloa for another 30 games then win a playoff though. We should be strong favourite to finish bottom this season. Only the tantalising possibility of a January clear out which Alloa can't do puts that in question imo

I still think relegation is more likely than not. Depressingly.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think he has. I think Shodwall is getting confused with the boy Smith that they signed from Hearts and who played with St Mirren last season.

Im not getting confused. The original statement was the right back that played with st mirren when they went up. Gary Irvines name wasnt mentioned till later and he was a squad player.

8 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I was there and I agree with what you’re saying but he’s not done what he done today in months.

You do realise he played the Ross County Boi in last week for their opener?

Hes no had a decent chance in months. Poor sods been stuck on the bench whilst the likes of mcghee have been stuck there.  Guy should be first name on the sheet every week.

They had 4 players booked and should have had one of them sent off. They constantly looked to waste time and niggle as often as they could to try to break up the play. There was little doubt that this had been coached into them by the two wankers on the touchline though. The manager spent a lot of his time gesticulating towards our dug out, keeping the ball at throw ins etc while the assistant, who was a total baw bag, turned to goad the fans on several occasions. At one point though he tried to stop Muirhead getting to the ball to take a throw, resulting on him being left on his fat arse. Best bit about the whole game actually.

He also squared up to Mackin after the final whistle but again Muirhead came crashing in and knocked him out of the way. Our goalkeeping coach then had a heated exchange and when the twat offered his hand it was slapped away. It was a crazy last 20 minutes and at least took the edge of a dreary game.

You know the other team are total Arseholes when our media guy, who seems a pretty calm guy is involved. Embarrassing stuff but I will add their name to my growing list of teams I despise.

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I don’t know if “worse than” really works tbh. The only comparison is now, and compared to everything we have seen in the league, as well as the teams above, we are vastly inferior to the best of them, and no better than the worst of them, which I guess, would put us mid table League 1 standard (as a collective team), with a smattering of four or five genuine Championship level players, and absolutely no stand out Championship players.

The lack of energy and drive in the team is frightening. The single biggest missing is a midfielder capable of taking the ball from defence, and moving forward rather than simply playing it sideways or backwards again. Having said that, Haber’s such a stationary lump, that a creative midfielder has little in the way of movement and options ahead of him.

When you have a defence that concedes regardless of the quality of opposition, and an attack that can’t score goals regardless of the quality of the opposition, then relegation would be the only logical outcome.

Anything other than  defeat at Ayr next week would be an incredible outcome.

Another take away was that it was fucking disgusting Hartley froze Robson out during this season. 

Don't care if he routinely pissed in Hartley's morning tea, he should have been guaranteed starts in this squad. 

Also think Dennon Lewis might be worse than Taylor Morgan. To be fair to Hartley, he did say Lewis was a player who would get fans out of their seats. That's certainly true. 

Edited by Bairn Necessities

I dont think we were outplayed that set piece was pretty much the difference and the lack of a goal scorer for us. Robson was a standout and as said it shouldnt matter a f**k if he p*ssed in Hartleys tea first thing or not he would be first choice on any team sheet.

Thought Brough and Harrison done well as did Aero i thought the line up looked a 3-4-3 then moved to a 2-4-4 when Harrison went off and Mackin came on.

Anyone see the push on Mackin by the Nomads asst manager what a f*d.

On another note can we make a move for the Nomads physio

Its definitely the best we've played this season that I've seen. As others said, at least there was a more obvious game plan..

I think the best we have played this season was the second half at Firhill. However Thistle probably switched off when 2 goals up.

I’m not sure that just about matching a team from the League of Wales is a good game to assess performance. Queens Park got a draw away to TNS who are better than the chancers we played yesterday. If we had played QoS again, Dobbie and Harkins would have put us to the sword again...

47 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anything other than  defeat at Ayr next week would be an incredible outcome.

A couple of weeks back I'd have agreed with you, however our Palmerston disaster last week has somewhat tempered the confidence a little.

You'll also have the new Manager bounce effect and I'd imagine your guys will all be going out with a point to prove.

I've got myself really worried about this game now............