The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

At least you're taking it well :lol:

Here's a handy explanation of what's going to happen in this thread for the foreseeable future; 

s35e03pic.jpg

Do you think we might concede ten goals in one game in the second flight of Scottish football this season? Is that really in the cards? Is that even a real thing?

We are actually that bad that I think we all need to take a breather and ask ourselves if some of this lot can do any better? We have a team of players so far out their depth that if this was a 5s match you would be picking teams again. All over the pitch we look completely amateurish although the keeper get special mention.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Do you think we might concede ten goals in one game in the second flight of Scottish football this season? Is that really in the cards? Is that even a real thing?

^^^ deflecting wildly. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

??? My original post clearly articulated I wasn’t taking it well you thick weedgie c**t.

Oooft :lol::lol::lol:

Does someone else want to break it to this seething mess that Falkirk is closer to Glasgow than Greenock is? 

Stay down champ, it's not your night. 

One thing that was mentioned by Stumigoo in the match thread that McKinnon needs to address rapid is the lack.of physicality. And not just physicality but and semblance of pressure on the ball. Intelligent pressing ia a cornerstone of the modern game and you dont need to be big or hard to do it so there no excuses for that.

If we cant get up into Alloa faces next week on their more congested pitch we will struggle. I am one of the few that seems to think theres enough in this team to get wins and that they will start coming but thats one basic that needs addressed.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd be offering contracts to any free agent who has recently played at upper league 1 level or higher. I honestly believe you could pick a random selection of players from league 1 and they'd be an improvement on what we have.

But Edi, is there a budget for paying wages to those types of players with the squad you already have (plus new Management deals and possibly of compensation to Hartley and Morton)? I obviously don't know, but would doubt it.

52 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from us. Why were we so negative? That Dundee United team were there for the taking and we stood off them. Can’t blame McKinnon for the team but you certainly can for that god awful formation we tried to play. Paton is atrocious. Not one player was good enough with maybe Petra. That brings me onto the fact he was much better through the middle yet today he was punted out wide again today. Least said about Fasan the better. He’s utter useless. Dallison and Harrison are League one standard at very very best. Never believed for a minute that we would actually get relegated but now I’m not so sure.

Dundee United were certainly there for the taking by a bog standard Championship level team. Sadly, we are a million miles away from that standard.

3 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

But Edi, is there a budget for paying wages to those types of players with the squad you already have (plus new Management deals and possibly of compensation to Hartley and Morton)? I obviously don't know, but would doubt it.

Compensation to Morton for what? Hartley already has his pay off.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not seething wee fella, just pissed off at my team. Now away back to your own thread.

Of course, sarcastic replies to images and calling people thick 'weedgie' c***s are CLEAR signs you're not seething. 

I'm humbled and most appreciative of your concern, but I think I'll stick around thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Mackinnon has said the board will back him to make further signings. And for me, the money we'd lose from going down would easily outweigh the extra wage costs.

20 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

^^^ deflecting wildly. 

Oooft :lol::lol::lol:

Does someone else want to break it to this seething mess that Falkirk is closer to Glasgow than Greenock is? 

Stay down champ, it's not your night. 

Forget deflection. Do you think we might concede 10 goals in a single championship level game this season. Personally, I have never experienced anything like that. What does it feel like?

3 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Of course, sarcastic replies to images and calling people thick 'weedgie' c***s are CLEAR signs you're not seething. 

I'm humbled and most appreciative of your concern, but I think I'll stick around thanks. 

Of course you will. You need us in your life. You always have.

The problem of course is how do you make room for them.  A real challenge to move boys on who are on contracts, espsecially if they're on reasonable cash.
I've been thinking about that. We normally palm them off on Stenny, but they seem to have wisened up to that.

I was thinking bus off a cliff, like the end of The Young Ones.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

The problem of course is how do you make room for them.  A real challenge to move boys on who are on contracts, espsecially if they're on reasonable cash.

Yup. Said that earlier and am surprised more people aren't concerned about that. We're going to struggle to find any clubs to take any of the new signings. 

Is Dallison just going to say "nae borra" when we tell him to f**k off the wage bill?

Can't see anyone at board level putting their hand in pocket when there's no sellable assets left to get a return from. 

We're very likely to be bottom by Dec 31st. Perhaps cut adrift by 6-10 points. Need to recruit 5 or 6 and pay off the same or more. Very expensive.