The Falkirk FC Thread

.....they spent years taking the high moral ground against Livingston and Dundee, but having now done it themselves, a few of them like to point and look worried if administration come to the fore. Good old DA sees being a Fifers supporter through admin gives him astonishing insight into the process. As I said, he knows nowt.

17 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

This whole argument has happened because I jokingly suggested that we go into admin to punt our shit squad. You Fifers are a touchy bunch. 

Touchy? For saying that administration isn't just an easy cure all? What utterly shite chat.

You might have been joking about it but others were not.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

.....they spent years taking the high moral ground against Livingston and Dundee, but having now done it themselves, a few of them like to point and look worried if administration come to the fore. Good old DA sees being a Fifers supporter through admin gives him astonishing insight into the process. As I said, he knows nowt.

:lol: 

All I've said is that just deciding to go in to administration because you're having a shite season is nonsense and that administration isn't just a straightforward process that clubs can do.

Please tell us what about that is inaccurate.

The main reason our defence looks as bad is really down to our midfield not doing their job properly and taking some of the pressure off them, not that l am saying the defence is that good but they are getting made look a lot worse than I think they are.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Touchy? For saying that administration isn't just an easy cure all? What utterly shite chat.

All I've said is that just deciding to go in to administration because you're having a shite season is nonsense and that administration isn't just a straightforward process that clubs can do.

Go back to your response to my post two hours ago. You wanted to demonstrate how you know the ins and outs of administration. I appreciate you are now back pedalling like a demon, so fair play.

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Save me the bother of sifting through what's been said but who the f**k suggested that we should go into administration to try to sort out our mess?

30 minutes ago, Bairnup said:

The main reason our defence looks as bad is really down to our midfield not doing their job properly and taking some of the pressure off them, not that l am saying the defence is that good but they are getting made look a lot worse than I think they are.

Completely agree with you.

we have nothing in midfield and, as a consequence, the defence is overrun.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now, imagine you had to honour that debt at half a million a year for the next 24 years.

Which of course would never have happened, Dunfermline would've went into liquidation, came back as The Dunfermline Sevco 5089, joined the lowland league and still at absolutely no point, have played Inverkeithing and Rosyth, or whatever teams you mentioned, Hth. 

Are Dunfermline in a better position for having got ourselves into the position where administration was a necessity for the club to survive? Absolutely not, would've been far better to just run the club properly tbh. 

However it really does get some opposition fans seething so I probably wouldn't mind a #adminmk2, banter. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Which of course would never have happened, Dunfermline would've went into liquidation, came back as The Dunfermline Sevco 5089, joined the lowland league and still at absolutely no point, have played Inverkeithing and Rosyth, or whatever teams you mentioned, Hth. 

Are Dunfermline in a better position for having got ourselves into the position where administration was a necessity for the club to survive? Absolutely not, would've been far better to just run the club properly tbh. 

However it really does get some opposition fans seething so I probably wouldn't mind a #adminmk2, banter. 

So would I, if you were docked 20 points, we may just manage to finish above you. 

Maybe

Hartley was given a playing budget by the Board of Directors and then allowed to spend that budget. The idea that the board at any club will analyse every potential signing's history, ability and potential and then permit or refuse the signing as some on here seem to be suggesting is utterly ridiculous.

Didn’t say anything like that in my comment. I said almost every football manager in the country will know what he’s getting before signing a player & the BOD at most clubs in the country will at least ask what they are getting for their money. The fact they allowed him to sign players he’s not seen is laughable. This is a view shared by most sensible people in football.

Every manager(certainly at this level) will have control of the playing budget. Would you rather Margaret Lang had said "you know what, we're not going to let you sign Paul Paton, but you can have this player we've found for you instead". No manager would accept that and they'd be out the door instantly.

Not one person is suggesting this.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Oh dear God, what have you done!

TBF its not like us for to go into an over reaction to a post ..lol

think it was more just a talking point to get rid of the duds, i don't think we could pay anyone to take any of our current crop some of them even make our past failures of signings look good. Dare i say it even John Stewart or have i took that too far.

Edited by AL-FFC

Joking aside, it does raise a good point about how we're going to get rid of some of these imposters.

Last season, there were teams quite happy to take guys like Austin and Hippolyte as they're proven players at this level. I'd be surprised if league 2 teams wanted players like Harrison and Paton.

Edited by EdiBairn

McKinnon has no choice but to keep on repeating the same basic lessons again and again into our squad.

i am sure most managers encounter players who simply cannot keep a simple message to the front and centre of their brain for 90 minutes.

Having more than one such player at a time sees the difficulty rise exponentially. When you then add to this heady mix the fact that said players might be physically slow, and then add the cherry on the cake that they are also very limited in terms of ability, and you begin to see what McKinnon is up against.

He can’t come out with some genius masterstroke. Day in, day out, he has to drill the absolute basics into them, and even then, as we saw on Saturday and the week before, there are the individual howlers waiting to finish the job.

McKinnon will have done something truly amazing if he keeps this group less than ten points adrift of 8th by the New Year.

4 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Personally I’d love  to see you Phoenix as Grangemouth Gormless FC.

...and it would only take GGFC less than 2 seasons to be above seaside league jobbers Morton, who would still be seething that they got nothing for losing their manager to the leagues big club.

4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Joking aside, it does raise a good point about how we're going to get rid of some of these imposters.

Last season, there were teams quite happy to take guys like Austin and Hippolyte as they're proven players at this level. I'd be surprised if league 2 teams wanted players like Harrison and Paton.

Paton would have to retire. Harrison would go back down south with glowing references from FFC. TOE? Who knows. I think he would just go amateur. Dallison.........if he could physically compete, he might make it low level back down south.

There’s certainly none of them going to be sought out by any club that does even the most basic of checks.

Just now, drs said:

...and it would only take GGFC less than 2 seasons to be above seaside league jobbers Morton, who would still be seething that they got nothing for losing their manager to the leagues big club.

...and we could even play our games at Grangemouth Stadium, and still have a better gaff than Cappielow.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Paton would have to retire. Harrison would go back down south with glowing references from FFC. TOE? Who knows. I think he would just go amateur. Dallison.........if he could physically compete, he might make it low level back down south.

There’s certainly none of them going to be sought out by any club that does even the most basic of checks.

How unsporting to check players before you sign them.