The Falkirk FC Thread

Dunipace only had 7 of their first team squad in their 21 man matchday squad and of those only the goalkeeper was on the park the last half hour of the game.

It was an exhibition team filled with Under 20's, club legends long since retired, club coaches from various levels pulling the boots on and a few guys in to help out. It was definitely all about opening the park and Falkirk were great sending an XI to do that.

I would read absolutely nothing into the scoreline. [emoji6]

Also the Pace are having a severe injury crisis at the moment.

Should do fairly well in their first season in the Seniors once they get a fit squad.

As an aside I was at the original opening match at Westfield (Dunipace version, I was 8 my grandad was a lifelong fan and former committee member) back in 1971.

3-0 win for Falkirk.

12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Dunipace only had 7 of their first team squad in their 21 man matchday squad and of those only the goalkeeper was on the park the last half hour of the game.

It was an exhibition team filled with Under 20's, club legends long since retired, club coaches from various levels pulling the boots on and a few guys in to help out. It was definitely all about opening the park and Falkirk were great sending an XI to do that.

I would read absolutely nothing into the scoreline. emoji6.png

Falkirk could have at least let them score one fecking goal. 

They let everyone else do it. 

35 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We've got Dobbie, you've got Muirhead,    I go to sleep every night with a smile on my face. 

If thinking of men puts you to sleep with a smile on your face, then no one is going to judge you for that. That’s your personal choice, but as no one else chooses to share their orientation here, maybe you shouldn’t either.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

If thinking of men puts you to sleep with a smile on your face, then no one is going to judge you for that. That’s your personal choice, but as no one else chooses to share their orientation here, maybe you shouldn’t either.

Not men in general,  just Dobbie,  and not in the way your mind seems to imagine. Just picturing him holding the match ball aloft after pumping Falkirk. 

Back into the closet you try to go. Too late, but as I said, no one is judging you for it. It’s just that no one is interested in what floats your boat.

29 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Back into the closet you try to go. Too late, but as I said, no one is judging you for it. It’s just that no one is interested in what floats your boat.

And yet you keep commenting on it.  Strange person. 

On 10/7/2018 at 05:55, ATB1961 said:

If only, I wonder how much the CEO is costing the club? Anyone have any information?

The chat at the time was that he was costing the club 35k as we were paying half his salary.

I've been trying to stay relatively positive all season and gave the guys the benefit of the doubt but I've had enough.

That display on Saturday was the final straw for me. How are players like Dallison, Lewis and Haber playing at this level?

I'm absolutely desperate to get a Twitter notification saying we've signed someone, which is outrageous considering the club signed 17 players in the summer and this is what we've been left with.

I suppose the only hope is that we can sign a few players and hopefully get a few higher quality player's on loan in January. A lot can happen between January and May so hopefully we can turn things around but I'm genuinely worried about this situation

It's worrying just how awful the team is as a whole, even in Totten's last season we still at least had a young Lee Miller who was performing well consistently toward the end of the season yet this year there isn't a single player you could really say was hitting the minimum standard required. We've absolutely no options from the bench and I've not managed to see us score a goal yet never mind gain any points at home. I'd have bitten anyones hand off for a 0-0 borefest on Saturday.

Chances are Alloa and Dunfermline will be out of sight in January. Starting to worry about whether club will survive the drop to League 1. :(

Do you know on Saturday half the Board were not even at the game. All on holiday at the same time. It actually shows me how little they actually do that 50% of them can afford time off together.

We desperately need people in there who are going to rally the troops and get their hands dirty rather than swan about with the “I am a director of FFC” attitude.

Outside KK not one Director came anywhere near hospitality on Saturday and it was exactly the same at the DU game.

43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you know on Saturday half the Board were not even at the game. All on holiday at the same time. It actually shows me how little they actually do that 50% of them can afford time off together.

We desperately need people in there who are going to rally the troops and get their hands dirty rather than swan about with the “I am a director of FFC” attitude.

Outside KK not one Director came anywhere near hospitality on Saturday and it was exactly the same at the DU game.

Given the current situation that we find ourselves in any director going near hospitality would be like entering the lions den and no one in there right mind would do that.

Watching McKinnons post match and he pretty much said himself there is no quality shown on Saturday and he had said that to the players, Dallison may look like a football player but defender he is not Harrison has something Brough shown glimpses he can do a job but that's about it if RM can get us out of this mess he is a miracle worker is all am saying, but it looks as if its taking its toll already he has went from cheery upbeat to the "you cnuts have broken me".

He’s a big unit and he was knocking people off the ball and retaining possession for us.

“That’s a big thing for us, retaining the ball, and he did okay at that.

“Mostly he was doing it around the half-way line, but I would love to see him doing that around the edge of the box.

“He’ll be an asset and he gives us something different. It’s a chance for him, if he comes in and does well.”

McKinnon talking about one of the trialist In 2015.