The Falkirk FC Thread

Hippolyte has fired up an Instagram post about scoring against us - fair enough. I could do without approx 20 ex-Falkirk players "liking" the post, and I could particularly do without a current player "liking" it. 

Obvious question alert

Who was it?

8 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

It’s obviously out of date. Doesn’t say that it’s a plan, so not sure I see the big deal here guys?

I mean yeah, have a pop at the mess we are in for sure. But an out of date piece of paper proves nothing - and the only evidence that matters is our league position so even if the plan was meticulously thought out....it would be as useful as that irrelevant piece of paper.

So why have a plan at all if it has no relevance to results?  

The reality is if the plan is flawed or indeed ...ahem ....poorly executed , then chances are you will fail and end up ...oh  yes , where we are.

Of course, it’s death by Powerpoint, but capturing stuff like that for a specific audience is pretty standard fare.
Big companies will have reams of stuff like this swilling around their organisations every day.
It really doesn’t say anything good or bad about the club.  It certainly has a whiff of “social enterprise” about it, and is certainly the kind of thing a middle manager would produce, and then present to a BoD for their input on what they back, and what they don’t.

As someone who is a manager in a Social Enterprise I really need to know if this was produced by a Quality Circle, Task Force, Strategy Group, Senior Management Team or Colleagues Ideas Project.

5 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

So why have a plan at all if it has no relevance to results?  

The reality is if the plan is flawed or indeed ...ahem ....poorly executed , then chances are you will fail and end up ...oh  yes , where we are.

But it’s not plan?

What about that drawing / picture / poster you consider to a plan or strategy? To me it’s a bunch of loosely associated ‘factors’ that affect the business. But nothing evenly loosely resembling a plan. 

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Our mission statement 

"Catch Alloa"

Exactly that. We don’t need “Catch Alloa while acting as a wholesome neighbour mindful of our responsibilities in the greater community”.

14 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

What I really want to know is who you all work for where ‘middle managers’ throw words on a page like that and get away with it.

Try any multinational.

14 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

But it’s not plan?

What about that drawing / picture / poster you consider to a plan or strategy? To me it’s a bunch of loosely associated ‘factors’ that affect the business. But nothing evenly loosely resembling a plan. 

I didn't say it was a plan - I was posing a question in general terms in response to your comment about the relevance of plans to results.

IMHO it looks like a high level snapshot of where we were at that point & not a plan , however the action points down the right hand side seem to indicate it was the beginning of a plan.

When is a plan not a plan and how many times can we have the word plan in a non-plan v plan debate. I plan to find out......not.

#plan

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

As someone who is a manager in a Social Enterprise I really need to know if this was produced by a Quality Circle, Task Force, Strategy Group, Senior Management Team or Colleagues Ideas Project.

Whichever of the above spawned CC I would imagine. Maybe it was a Blue Sky breakout group .

Wait a minute.....SMT would have something more polished. Is there an Extended SMT that allows “nearly but not quite” types into the gene pool now and again?

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Amongst all the fall out from the utter train wreck of a start we’ve had this season, the question that’s not being asked enough for me is why Hartley didn’t stick with the nucleus of the squad that was pound-for-pound one of the best teams in the league from January onwards?

I appreciate that bringing the loan guys like Jakubiak, Nelson, Blair and Tumilty was easier said than done, but as an absolute minimum we should have busted a gut to retain Louis Longridge and Tom Taiwo.

17 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Amongst all the fall out from the utter train wreck of a start we’ve had this season, the question that’s not being asked enough for me is why Hartley didn’t stick with the nucleus of the squad that was pound-for-pound one of the best teams in the league from January onwards?

I appreciate that bringing the loan guys like Jakubiak, Nelson, Blair and Tumilty was easier said than done, but as an absolute minimum we should have busted a gut to retain Louis Longridge and Tom Taiwo.

He didn't want Taiwo because he thought he could get better. He offered Longridge a deal which wasn't accepted. My guess would be because Longridge didn't want to play for him plus the fact that his brother was also joining Dunfermline.

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I didn't say it was a plan - I was posing a question in general terms in response to your comment about the relevance of plans to results.

IMHO it looks like a high level snapshot of where we were at that point & not a plan , however the action points down the right hand side seem to indicate it was the beginning of a plan.

When is a plan not a plan and how many times can we have the word plan in a non-plan v plan debate. I plan to find out......not.

#plan

I’ll reframe my point. There is very little, if any information in this document.

just a bunch of headings...even as a snapshot it doesn’t tell you anything about the words that have been flung up. 

32 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I’ll reframe my point. There is very little, if any information in this document.

just a bunch of headings...even as a snapshot it doesn’t tell you anything about the words that have been flung up. 

It just reads as an aide memoir that someone has put together in a format that he/she understands as being FFC’s component parts. The wording down the right hand side is just generic stuff that is probably a cut and paste from any business with a few words changed to reflect its s football club, and not an engineering company. 

Its a pretty course attempt at trying to make the club look like is organised by function. Fine if you have several hundred or several thousand employees. That’s then mixed with some soft aspirational stuff around the edges. It may actually have been nothing more than something one person created for their own understanding of how they thought things should be mapped out.

Whatever it is, it’s not the Watergate tapes, and may not have been subscribed to or approved by anyone other than the originator. I don’t see it signed off by anyone, so it’s not really an insight into anything damaging. The mess of the squad is the bit that really matters for the next couple of years.....not this document.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It just reads as an aide memoir that someone has put together in a format that he/she understands as being FFC’s component parts. The wording down the right hand side is just generic stuff that is probably a cut and paste from any business with a few words changed to reflect its s football club, and not an engineering company. 

Its a pretty course attempt at trying to make the club look like is organised by function. Fine if you have several hundred or several thousand employees. That’s then mixed with some soft aspirational stuff around the edges. It may actually have been nothing more than something one person created for their own understanding of how they thought things should be mapped out.

Whatever it is, it’s not the Watergate tapes, and may not have been subscribed to or approved by anyone other than the originator. I don’t see it signed off by anyone, so it’s not really an insight into anything damaging. The mess of the squad is the bit that really matters for the next couple of years.....not this document.

Whole post spot on. Especially this bit

4 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

But it’s not plan?

He had a plan "The Barnsley project" it more  or less fuc---d the club big time.

Fitba is a unique business and the recipe  for success is togetherness.

Fans, board, manager, players

Am I alone in thinking that the Fans are the only ones heartbroken at the moment. The players are disappointed yes , the board are concerned most probably , the CEO wants out and our lady is wondering how she got into this in the first place. Scottish football is  laughing at us I'm afraid.! 

Those who are not up for the fight should f_ck off. 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think you are correct, it's some sort of aide memoir/ prompt to assist someone (the CEO) to present the way ahead to the BOD.  Under each heading it reads like a series of bullet points for the presenter to pitch i.e Academy - let's ditch it and save loads of cash which we can give to the manager.  At the bottom it asks questions of it's audience for input & discussion - then at the side it's ,in theory, action points for the great leap forward.  In my world (Hell) the  PPT is dead , everyone hates it and most presenters professionally busk it with a series of headers  & points up on a single screen to pitch and/or discuss.    

I could be wrong though, I don't really care. Maybe it's a plan.