The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I really do think they were trying out there on Saturday, they just aren't good enough players. The guy near me in the south stand couldn't understand why we kept punting the ball upfield when it wasn't working, he couldn't see we just don't have players with the skill level to pass the ball up the park. It's ability not effort that's lacking. 

Its a derby game and yet I never saw one hard as feck tackle in the game from any of our shower of shite.  One yellow card was all we got in 90 mins and that was a striker.  I wanted to see blood and snotters from a team that aren't that great ability wise as that was the only thing that was going to get us any kind of result. Instead I got 90 mins of shitting out of tackles and passing the buck.  How you can say players were putting in  a shift is totally beyond me I'm afraid. I've never seen such a cowardly performance against a pars team in my 40 years of watching Falkirk.

12 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

If the last 2 seasons have taught me anything it's how everyone loves to be as melodramatic as possible.

"Worst team in my lifetime"

"Worst performance I've seen"

Had COYB and P&B been around forever I'm pretty sure I would find these same quotes made multiple times in 95/96 and 01/02.

Christ I read the same quotes last season!!!!

Yes it's bad and I'm not gonnae sugercoat shite, but let's ease off on the dramatics for fuxake.

But this is comfortably the worst team in my lifetime. The stats back it up too. As well as the eye test.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They looked like a group of players whose manager has constantly been talking about how he just want to survive until January because they're all shite.

They must have a crystal ball in the dressing room then becauae they've been abject since the first diddy cup game.

Is that also being blamed on Ray McKinnon being about to tell them they are shite in 3 months time?

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Alloa may not go down they have an excellent manager who will has enough tactical nounce to ensure they start turning their draws into wins. Once they find there feet in this league they will pick up more points I'm certain. We need to aim for mid table by getting in fresh talent whenever, however and by whatever means necessary. It's desperate measures that are needed for desperate times. 

You need to be careful with that sort of accusation.

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

All the talk from BPM declaring the only logical reason for McKinnon to punt those 4 last week was because they would be moping around and bringing down morale, which, instead of eradicating that element, it transferred back to the whole team looking at that 'performance' 

No doubt McKinnon would've released them four out of either he didn't think they were good enough in either playing, fitness or character and maybe some were bad influences.

All four had limited or no game time but it has made our bench more sparse than it was previously

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Yip. The players are pish but they are trying. They look mentally broken already. 

For some reason there are still people who believe we have a bunch of #ballers in our team despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

You have to have some sort of belief in your team to support them, was anyone confident pre Saturday ?

I wasn't, doubt many were as i wouldve took a point after 20 mins but like going to away trips like Ibrox, parkhead, Tynecastle, easter road etc there is always that small percent of getting a result, sadly that echoes our team at the moment winning against anyone in this division with our squad, tho Dunfermline as a boxing match should've had us knocked out but didn't till the 90th minute. We didn't look like creating or scoring being the problem but only someone who revels in our failure wouldn't have loved to see us level it at 1-1 with our long throws into the box or corners, sadly the Dunfermline defence won everything coming in but you do hope you get that break before Dunfermline dance through our comedy defence and knock us out.

There seems to be very thin margins in this league nowadays, maybe seeing it from a non successful end pointing that out more, we will go again next game and next like going to Ibrox, park head more blind hope of getting a result till we get more players in for sure but there is always hope

44 minutes ago, MrDust said:

No doubt McKinnon would've released them four out of either he didn't think they were good enough in either playing, fitness or character and maybe some were bad influences.

All four had limited or no game time but it has made our bench more sparse than it was previously

You have to have some sort of belief in your team to support them, was anyone confident pre Saturday ?

I wasn't, doubt many were as i wouldve took a point after 20 mins but like going to away trips like Ibrox, parkhead, Tynecastle, easter road etc there is always that small percent of getting a result, sadly that echoes our team at the moment winning against anyone in this division with our squad, tho Dunfermline as a boxing match should've had us knocked out but didn't till the 90th minute. We didn't look like creating or scoring being the problem but only someone who revels in our failure wouldn't have loved to see us level it at 1-1 with our long throws into the box or corners, sadly the Dunfermline defence won everything coming in but you do hope you get that break before Dunfermline dance through our comedy defence and knock us out.

There seems to be very thin margins in this league nowadays, maybe seeing it from a non successful end pointing that out more, we will go again next game and next like going to Ibrox, park head more blind hope of getting a result till we get more players in for sure but there is always hope

"thin margins"

We've been beaten in 7 out of 8 games this season.

How many of those defeats do you put down to thin margins?

4 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Yup. I'm looking forward to reading which season we had a poorer squad of players in. 

I said last season the only two that came close for me were the 'relegation' season (when we were financially screwed and had to play kids) and the Ochilview season (when we didn't know what league we were due to be playing in and couldn't make adequate provisions for the season), so both of those had mitigating circumstances.

Last year had no such mitigating circumstances, and as such was the worst squad I'd ever seen.

This season's is worse.

Just now, Gaz said:

I said last season the only two that came close for me were the 'relegation' season (when we were financially screwed and had to play kids) and the Ochilview season (when we didn't know what league we were due to be playing in and couldn't make adequate provisions for the season), so both of those had mitigating circumstances.

Last year had no such mitigating circumstances, and as such was the worst squad I'd ever seen.

This season's is worse.

Yeah, we had some decent players in both those seasons. Along with dross of course. 

As AGPar says above the relegation season side had some decent wins. 

I wouldn't take any of this squad forward into next season through choice. Not one.

Its not even in question for me that this is the worst squad in 40 years 

We are where we are, and are going to have to graft hard and work miracles to get out this holy mess.

I appreciate to some extent you had to give the previous manager his place and make his own preferences when it came to retaining players and new signings, but there has to be some control and accountability.

1. Why the phuck we did not enforce the extra year from Sibbald.  I'm aware he wanted to move on and try himself at a higher level, but we held the cards ( or did we ) ?  He messed us about in summer 2017 but signed a deal that he knew he could be giving us another two years, and we should have made that happen. He should never have been allowed "off the hook" 

2. Tiawo should been retained,  and Longridge made an offer that kept him at the Club. The board / management should have been questioning Hartley's decisions more that they obviously did. The manager needs to be in the first instance be answerable to someone with a semblance of an idea about football at a high level, what works and what doesn't work.

We go down and we are phucked. I discussed this with a board member two weeks ago and they reckoned crowds could drop to 3500 if that happened,  i said 2300 and they thought i was joking, that says everything you need to know  what we are dealing with.

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

We are where we are, and are going to have to graft hard and work miracles to get out this holy mess.

I appreciate to some extent you had to give the previous manager his place and make his own preferences when it came to retaining players and new signings, but there has to be some control and accountability.

1. Why the phuck we did not enforce the extra year from Sibbald.  I'm aware he wanted to move on and try himself at a higher level, but we held the cards ( or did we ) ?  He messed us about in summer 2017 but signed a deal that he knew he could be giving us another two years, and we should have made that happen. He should never have been allowed "off the hook" 

2. Tiawo should been retained,  and Longridge made an offer that kept him at the Club. The board / management should have been questioning Hartley's decisions more that they obviously did. The manager needs to be in the first instance be answerable to someone with a semblance of an idea about football at a high level, what works and what doesn't work.

We go down and we are phucked. I discussed this with a board member two weeks ago and they reckoned crowds could drop to 3500 if that happened,  i said 2300 and they thought i was joking, that says everything you need to know  what we are dealing with.

The Board don't have a clue, probably still think the play offs are possible. 

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They looked like a group of players whose manager has constantly been talking about how he just want to survive until January because they're all shite.

correct they know that they are getting the bullet possibly in January and they can read what the fans think of them (well most of them),so maybe this was them getting their own back,plus they won't tackle invade they get injured.

9 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Keeping a player at the club who wants to leave never, ever works out. No matter the club.

Why would the BOD have questioned Hartley's decisions? Until this summer, he had gotten player recruitment and exodus absolutely spot-on.

Again, folk are talking as if we as a club have only just became rubbish since the summer. That's just not true.

The crowds will be down to below 3,000 before Christmas, never mind next season. 

Worrying that the board think that suggestion is laughable. We used to get around 2,000 at Brockville fairly regularly during the 90s in the second tier.

Edited by Hughsie

30 minutes ago, Jimbo 75 said:

correct they know that they are getting the bullet possibly in January and they can read what the fans think of them (well most of them),so maybe this was them getting their own back,plus they won't tackle invade they get injured.

That was a really cunning plan from them. 

Carried out mysteriously for the entire season before Alloa and on Saturday but suspended just for a week allowing them to beat Alloa. 

Fucks sake . They're just utter shite. Its zero to do with McKinnon trimming the squad by freeing 4 or his interviews!!!!

Edited by Bairn Necessities