The Falkirk FC Thread

This is true. Even the "worst" player is relatively superb. See Nick Hornby's analysis of Gus Caesar for further info.
I played in the juvenile leagues in Inverness up until age 17 or so. The best player throughout my years there, and I mean best by an absolute street was a forward called Karl McKay. He seemed destined for greatness but never made it further than a few sub appearances in the Highland League for Caledonian. Crazy.

I went to school with Neil McGregor (ex-Dunfermline) and he was 100000x the player of everyone else both at school and in the various youth teams, incredible how far ahead he was it was like a man playing with young kids.

He played SPL football so was obviously a really good player but it makes you wonder what guys like Brown, Naismith etc must’ve been like at their schools.

I went to school with Neil McGregor (ex-Dunfermline) and he was 100000x the player of everyone else both at school and in the various youth teams, incredible how far ahead he was it was like a man playing with young kids.

He played SPL football so was obviously a really good player but it makes you wonder what guys like Brown, Naismith etc must’ve been like at their schools.
Yep. A friend of mine ran a school football team years ago and once came up against an opposition side featuring Kenny Miller up front.
It did not end well for my friend's team!

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm convinced all of Hartleys summer signings were the last picks. You know the kids you got stuck with whos shoes were on the wrong feet.

Edited by Gaz FFC

On 10/8/2018 at 16:15, Back Post Misses said:

Do you know on Saturday half the Board were not even at the game. All on holiday at the same time. It actually shows me how little they actually do that 50% of them can afford time off together.

We desperately need people in there who are going to rally the troops and get their hands dirty rather than swan about with the “I am a director of FFC” attitude.

Outside KK not one Director came anywhere near hospitality on Saturday and it was exactly the same at the DU game.

Now, now .....you know these Spanish golf courses don't play themselves.

And it's not as if we are in the middle of a major crisis & playing our greatest rivals at home.   

Reminds me a bit of this......  

Edited by Hank von Hell

I doubt very much that the players are hurting just now. The majority anyway.

Some will want to go home as soon as possible. Some will wonder if they will get another full time contract. Some will kid themselves on its their teammates that aren't good enough.

But hurting? Nah. Its a job. I don't see much pride out there. Or anger at bad performance. Just motions to be gone through. 

As others have said, if in doubt get yourself another tattoo. That's the real measure of how much of a baller you are.

We didn’t get our first choice target from Hartlepool.

Lost players that went to Motherwell and Blackpooo who we can’t compete with. 

2nd and 3rd choices all over the shop and then panic loan players from Scottish clubs like we could’ve done all along.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

jjpleasing.gif

Batter right in. I'd well be dishing it out if you guys were in the same position. I am utterly SEETHING at my club.

Are you the guy that posted this on the Falkirk forum?

Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back. 
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals. 
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
To be fair, its not his and McKinnons fault at this time.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away. 
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough. 
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont. 
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......

Only thing more cringeworthy than this entire post is the replies congratulating this lunatic and not getting him the help he clearly needs.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Batter right in. I'd well be dishing it out if you guys were in the same position. I am utterly SEETHING at my club.

Are you the guy who stood outside shouting at players as they left?

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Only thing more cringeworthy than this entire post is the replies congratulating this lunatic and not getting him the help he clearly needs.

Great minds and all that

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Are you the guy who stood outside shouting at players as they left?

No, I actually ended up leaving five minutes early as my daughter (4yo, autism) was with my wife and I and started to get restless.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No, I don't use the Falkirk forum (I assume you mean One F) as 99% of Falkirk fans are utter morons.

18 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ok, this is embarrassing but I will admit what I did on Saturday after the game.
Myself an two others went and waited at the Main Stand to tell the players what we thought. We did try to get a few more of us, but to be honest, guys who have been to watch Falkirk for 30yrs + are just not interested, that's how disheartened they are.
Anyway, so first to come out was Lewis Kidd, who saw me once I shouted at him how poor team had been, he went back inside and didn't come back out the whole time I stayed. I know he didn't play, but he is as culpable as the rest, but wasn't interested in having "the chat".
Next out came Robson and Harrison. I told them it was completely unacceptable, and were they happy with themselves. To be fair to the lads, they had the balls to stand and talk to me. Both said they were hurting, and they hated losing as much as the fans did. I told them their effort and commitment was zero, and they said they realised the performance today was unacceptable. I asked what thy would do to fix it, and they just said try harder in training blah blah blah. At least they had a word, and spoke back. 
Out next comes Captain Fantastic. I told him the same about lack of effort and the players not caring. He stopped half kind of squared up to me (not in a real aggressive manner I would add) and said did I really think the players hadnt tried. I said yes. he said I was wrong and that they showed commitment out there. I laughed and told him he must be joking if he things thats the best they can give. He said they gave their all. I told him that he, and the rest of them were a disgrace to the top. At that point, this internal nugget was ushering them all away from me and my two pals. 
Big Leishman came out, and I asked him what he thought of the Falkirk team based on what he had seen of us in the past. He admitted we were poor, but said Ray would turn it around. Stood and had a bit of banter with him. For all the years of us hating him, he truly is a gent and a genuinely decent guy. We all knew this anyway.
Mr Totten didnt say much, just said were were poor. I didnt have the fight to say anything more to him. Its not really down to him, is it.
Then the assistant Manager came out. Cant remember his name. Told him they were a disgrace out there and all he said was we are trying to fix it.
To be fair, its not his and McKinnons fault at this time.
Shouted over to Fason he was a disgrace to the jersey. Again, the internal nugget just ushered him away. 
I basically told all the ones who came out that years ago there would be 100 odd outside, but we are just that hopeless that nobody even cares to shout at them anymore.I also reminded them that this is the worst Falkirk Team I have ever seen, and we have made the worst start statistically since out inception in 1876. Whether that was true or not Im not even sure, but we surely cant be far off it??
We gave up and left after that. I felt a total kn0b shouting (not screaming I may add) at the players myself, but fcuk it, ive had enough. 
Apathy is rife at FFC, and even the fans do it now. Keyboard warriers galore, but nobody ready to actually do anything about it. Me included apart from a wee rant at the players on Saturday.

My summary? These players don't think they are as bad as they are. They really dont. 
Just let that settle in to your head then think where will we be in 9 months time.......

fuckin hell that's bad,  seriously . I'd die of embarrassment if I saw someone I knew doing that

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Please stop. I’m begging you.

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Where is this from?