The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

8th place is such a nonsensical idea as well, why not 7th or 9th? Whats so special about 8th?

We are so far of eighth in the premiership it's a joke. Superb turnout on Saturday, but they can all see there's something far wrong at the club. Nobody wants a Lambieesque witch hunt , so somebody better fall on their sword soon. In any commercial enterprise that spectularly  fails change usually follows. Nobody is happy with abject failure but unless something changes we will continue to decline I fear. 

49 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’m starting to feel a wee bit desperate here. I wonder if Bairn4life and BairnsTrust could put there heads together and come up with something viable to give fans more influence.

Communication was the top topic under supporters. I guess our committee only sings when there winning as the silence is deafening. Whoever dreamt up this Barnsley model bullshit should go! 

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

We are so far of eighth in the premiership it's a joke. Superb turnout on Saturday, but they can all see there's something far wrong at the club. Nobody wants a Lambieesque witch hunt , so somebody better fall on their sword soon. In any commercial enterprise that spectularly  fails change usually follows. Nobody is happy with abject failure but unless something changes we will continue to decline I fear. 

The club have portrayed this as a “football manager f**k up”, not a governance f**k up. The “sword falling” bit was done by Hartley. If there were desk sitters fulfilling their footie fantasies for a wee while, they will have long since returned to those desks, and will have distanced themselves completely from all that has gone wrong.

This will be minuted as a “Hartley and Mitch” screw up. End off.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why would a football fan give any credence whatsoever to a load of LinkedIn style patter likely created by an expensive "Management Consultant" type?

I see patter like that at my work every day, as most probably do. Even when it (in theory) directly applies to me, it still gets ignored.

Its an absolute non story other than being a bit of a minter because of the language used.

It's not back page of the Record m8, it's a mild point and laugh moment for opposition fans, of which there have been many recently when it comes to Falkirk.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's not back page of the Record m8, it's a mild point and laugh moment for opposition fans, of which there have been many recently when it comes to Falkirk.

It’s not really though. It’s just a bit of standard in house business speak. Near enough identical stuff will exist within most clubs at Championship level. That it’s several years out of date, but being touted as somehow relevant in 2018 is a bit dull and desperate tbh.

Saw this on Twitter and thought this just sums up our club. Meaningless management PowerPoint drivel packaged up to look like a plan. 
Presumably the work of the useless CEO. Just GTF.

IMG_20181008_115420.thumb.jpg.6f59aa30653b6a7898c35dcb4a460527.jpg

I believe it is a poster on his office wall

We haven't been at the uni for years. Since the pitch was laid. I'd say it's a lot more than a season out of date. 

We have only been out of Stirling since Christmas when we stopped funding the Academy. I would guess this will be about a year old tops

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

And our own fans as well to be fair. I also highly doubt any other club in our league has drivel like that on the wall. 

"What DOES 8th place in the Premiership look like?"

Its just so Falkirk under this lot of Captain Obvious embarrassing management consultant shite masquerading as a mission statement. 

Running a football club at this level is a piece of piss. There is no box to think out of or a pot to piss in. 

It's get the right manager in, don't have a maximum wage and hope for the best. 

7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

And our own fans as well to be fair. I also highly doubt any other club in our league has drivel like that on the wall. 

"What DOES 8th place in the Premiership look like?"

Its just so Falkirk under this lot of Captain Obvious embarrassing management consultant shite masquerading as a mission statement. 

Running a football club at this level is a piece of piss. There is no box to think out of or a pot to piss in. 

It's get the right manager in, don't have a maximum wage and hope for the best. 

If you have a business structure approach, you will always have this kind of stuff.

Its not trying to be a mission statement either. There’s only ever been one company mission statement that really hit the mark, and that was Fujifilm’s. They were second in the market, and wanted to be top gun, so they came up with a mission statement. Theirs was brilliant, and has never been bettered. It was “Catch Kodak”.

Ours isn’t a business consultant piece of work  either. That reads as totally an in house concoction. It’s fine for those who want and need that stuff. The bit that is missing and should be on his wall is “So how are we going to do that then?” 

It document shouldn’t be on anyone’s wall, that’s for sure. Similar will exist in other clubs, no doubt about that.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If you have a business structure approach, you will always have this kind of stuff.

Its not trying to be a mission statement either. There’s only ever been one company mission statement that really hit the mark, and that was Fujifilm’s. They were second in the market, and wanted to be top gun, so they came up with a mission statement. Theirs was brilliant, and has never been bettered. It was “Catch Kodak”.

Ours isn’t a business consultant piece of work  either. That reads as totally an in house concoction. It’s fine for those who want and need that stuff. The bit that is missing and should be on his wall is “So how are we going to do that then?” 

It document shouldn’t be on anyone’s wall, that’s for sure. Similar will exist in other clubs, no doubt about that.

Our mission statement 

"Catch Alloa"

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

And did they?

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah they need a strategy

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you know on Saturday half the Board were not even at the game. All on holiday at the same time. It actually shows me how little they actually do that 50% of them can afford time off together.

We desperately need people in there who are going to rally the troops and get their hands dirty rather than swan about with the “I am a director of FFC” attitude.

Outside KK not one Director came anywhere near hospitality on Saturday and it was exactly the same at the DU game.

Probably sh*ting it from a wee bark from you.

Hippolyte has fired up an Instagram post about scoring against us - fair enough. I could do without approx 20 ex-Falkirk players "liking" the post, and I could particularly do without a current player "liking" it. 
Your constant postw about players use of social media blows my mind. Young folk these days live their entire lives through social media. Its not something I like or get involved in, in fact I think its pretty silly, but I am surprised by the fact that you seem surprised by this sort of thing.