The Falkirk FC Thread

It must be hard for the players to see on social media and forums etc every day that they are pish at their jobs and are generally hated by the people who pay to see you play.  Most of them are living in temporary digs far from home.  I don't know how I would cope if that happened to me in my job.  Certainly wouldn't make me perform better.

It's a fine line, vent your anger at the unacceptable standards at the club right now or hold back our harshest criticism for the sake of unity.   We are in such a dire situation, I for one don't know what to do or what can be done.  Almost feels like our club has been deliberately sabotaged.  

I know this post is a bit incoherent, I am just hurting.

If they were to announce a "clear out pot" ringfenced to get rid of dross like Fasan and TOE I'd be in for a donation
Careful. Keithgy did exactly that in the summer and had to remove his post because some poor humourless spul complained about it.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:
If they were to announce a "clear out pot" ringfenced to get rid of dross like Fasan and TOE I'd be in for a donation

Careful. Keithgy did exactly that in the summer and had to remove his post because some poor humourless spul complained about it.

Ouch, really? Ok.. maybe a relocation fund to help certain players secure accomodation... Somewhere

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I was only kidding.

Naw, I wasn't really. I have nothing at all against individual players but we are in dire straights here so I'd be willing to contribute to funds that would give the manager more leeway in making decisions for the good of the club.

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fasan was your best player on Saturday.

I'm guessing he must have been very poor in previous games but surely that defence can't help your confidence as a keeper?

With a shaky defence you'd look for your keeper to dominate his box to compensate for the lack of the ability of the people in front of him. The amount of times the ball just goes right across the box, within reach of Fasan, and he lets it go is painful. He let one go on Saturday and it hit the post. He might not look as blunder prone as some we've had but he's directly contributing to our results right now with all round lack of goalkeeping ability.

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm guessing he must have been very poor in previous games but surely that defence can't help your confidence as a keeper?

A couple of saves doesnt make up for nervous saves and generally shit fukery when the ball is hit towards him to save, probably every game he has either shown lack of commanding/organisation or throwing the ball into the net and bar the last 10 mins or so Dunfermline never really put him under great pressure

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Correct, but it works the other way too.

Like most keepers he's well capable of making great saves but he doesn't command his box at all. The number of crosses that we've seen flashing through the six yard box with Fasan rooted to his line has been frightening. He's also prone to punching the ball (or trying to) rather than catching it, even when a reasonably easy catch is on.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I blame the cereal-eaters as much as the BOD, by the way. Those fans who are happy enough with however we perform as long as they get a couple of hours out the house every other Saturday. "Ah well, next week, COYB".

Hi Paul

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See that complete lack of effort on Saturday, can anyone confirm that its because there is most definitely trialists who have done enough to get signed and we are just waiting on them being announced?

Anyone........     Please?

Quite the opposite. There is no one to threaten their position. They don’t have to be good. They only have to be less bad than someone on the bench. Lack of passion or effort isn’t enough to get anyone kicked out of the team at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Quite the opposite. There is no one to threaten their position. They don’t have to be good. They only have to be less bad than someone on the bench. Lack of passion or effort isn’t enough to get anyone kicked out of the team at the moment.

Pretty much was just asking if there are folk lined up tbh

It's utterly ludicrous for grown men to wait outside a football stadium to shout abuse at any player, never mind players who are simply out of their depth at a level far exceeding their abilities. 

Anyone who thinks abusing people who are giving their all is going to make them any better is completely thick. These players didn't sign themselves, and most people in any industry would jump at the chance of promotion to a better role just like they did.

Hopefully those involved won't be back at the stadium.

Edited by EdiBairn

56 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

So do I, but I am thinking about players whereas you seem to be thinking about supporters.

Neither scenario will take place.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Pretty much was just asking if there are folk lined up tbh

I didn’t go to the Dunipace game, but two friends did, and reckoned both trialists were a bit “meh”, but equally, how could you judge anyone in those conditions against opposition that on the day, would have struggled against mid table amateurs.

Its killing us all I know. The thought of trying to get to January with that team is a depressing prospect. Brechin comparison......

Brechin 17/18  P8  W0  D2  L6  F6  A19  P2

Bairns.   18/19  P8  W1  D0  L7  F5  A15  P3

We have nosed ahead. Amazing what one win can do.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

It's utterly ludicrous for grown men to wait outside a football stadium to shout abuse at any player, never mind players who are simply out of their depth at a level far exceeding their abilities. 

Anyone who thinks abusing people who are giving their all is going to make them any better is completely thick. These players didn't sign themselves, and most people in any industry would jump at the chance of promotion to a better role just like they did.

This. If you go out for a meal and it turns out to be utterly terrible you don't stand around waiting for the chef to get off work so you can shout abuse at him. You vote with your feet. You don't come back. If what you are seeing is utterly unacceptable to you then don't spend your money on a season ticket next season.

This. If you go out for a meal and it turns out to be utterly terrible you don't stand around waiting for the chef to get off work so you can shout abuse at him. You vote with your feet. You don't come back. If what you are seeing is utterly unacceptable to you then don't spend your money on a season ticket next season.
This is true but you can't really compare a football club to any other business.

The loyalty and community aspect is what keeps club's going, you only go to good restaurants and never bad ones. If people did that with footy the game wouldn't exist as most teams lose more than they win.

It saddens me to see the team I love struggling and to know the the players we have available are a bit out of their depth. But I would never stand and abuse them after a game. These young men know that their performances are not good enough as they have to suffer like us every week. They go to training all week and try to get better but then Saturday comes and the gloom descends .
We have what we have at present and scrapping a draw is a major result. Hurling abuse will not help. Perhaps during the second 1/4 they ( players not from Scotland )will at least know the players they are up against and what to expect. I know it is looking for a miracle but without hope we have nil

If the last 2 seasons have taught me anything it's how everyone loves to be as melodramatic as possible.

"Worst team in my lifetime"

"Worst performance I've seen"

Had COYB and P&B been around forever I'm pretty sure I would find these same quotes made multiple times in 95/96 and 01/02.

Christ I read the same quotes last season!!!!

Yes it's bad and I'm not gonnae sugercoat shite, but let's ease off on the dramatics for fuxake.