The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

We’re now not only up on the BBC Sports website, but also on the BBC News Scotland website.
Well done to everyone concerned at our club for their handling of a sensitive issue....

There’s no point in trying to hide from it. One of our supporters has done an awful thing and it’s going to get traction in the media. The club are also quite right to come out strongly to condemn it and try to identify the culprits. 

If it was any other club we’d expect the exact same.

I have no issue with how the club have handled this issue at all. It’s the rest of their statement that I’m disappointed with.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Well make the board look good but the support look like scum for criticising us....

That's the narrative. The club will be applauded in the days to come. Job done for someone.

Can tell that by the superfluous part of the statement where they explain to us that racism is bad. Really? You think? Why, we were all unsure about that til you spelled it out. Thanks for clarifying.

11 minutes ago, Mediocre Hat Stand said:

You are a fucking scumbag. Genuinely. Get yourself so far to f**k. Hands down worse than a Jambo. 

What the f**k are you slavering about ya moron? 

Which part is upsetting you? The bit where I suggest that the perpetrator should be banned maybe?

There’s no point in trying to hide from it. One of our supporters has done an awful thing and it’s going to get traction in the media. The club are also quite right to come out strongly to condemn it and try to identify the culprits. 

If it was any other club we’d expect the exact same.

I have no issue with how the club have handled this issue at all. It’s the rest of their statement that I’m disappointed with.

Wrong!!!

Of course the actions of an idiot needs to be condemned but the club should have addressed this privately in conjunction with the police, then announced it. If they are certain it’s one of our own they must have a good idea of the culprit already. They should Not have plastered it over the media tarnishing the clubs support as a whole.

They even enhanced the damage by, rather than clarifying that it’s an isolated incident, portray our support in further bad light for abusing staff.

This was handled with the sensitivity of an elephant in an antique shop...

Had a bad feeling after Saturday's result that this season was still to hit rock bottom (taking relagation out the equation for the moment). After reading that statement and learning of the vile racist shouts towards our own players, we are certainly getting there. With that extra carp from the board im genuinely worried we might not have heard the last of it from 'branch ton' and his other cronies. God help us if we fucked that up. 

36 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I am genuinely getting to the stage where I don't give a shit what happens.

The club are rotten to the core. If this did happen it doesn't surprise me one bit - there are a small core of our fans who are nothing but arseholes. I've been saying it for years.

The only part wrong with what you said is the word "small"

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We’re now not only up on the BBC Sports website, but also on the BBC News Scotland website.

Well done to everyone concerned at our club for their handling of a sensitive issue.

We’ll make the board look good but the support look like scum for criticising us....

SeriousNeighboringGermanspitz-small.gif

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Wrong!!!

Of course the actions of an idiot needs to be condemned but the club should have addressed this privately in conjunction with the police, then announced it. If they are certain it’s one of our own they must have a good idea of the culprit already. They should Not have plastered it over the media tarnishing the clubs support as a whole.

They even enhanced the damage by, rather than clarifying that it’s an isolated incident, portray our support in further bad light for abusing staff.

This was handled with the sensitivity of an elephant in an antique shop...

LCyghqU.gif

The club are quite right to come out and make a strong statement regarding the racial abuse. The fact our club's name will yet again be dragged through the mud by the world's media(including The Times and the front page of the BBC Scotland website) is the sole responsibility of the cretins who racially abused our own player. It is absolutely not the fault of the club or BoD, as many are insinuating.

Edited by EdiBairn

41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Well done to everyone concerned at our club for their handling of a sensitive issue.

We’ll make the board look good but the support look like scum for criticising us....

I presume that you think it would be far better if the Falkirk FC board of directors just swept under the carpet, the fact that you have so called fans racially abusing a player?

The club are quite right to come out and make a strong statement regarding the racial abuse. The fact our club's name will yet again be dragged through the mud by the world's media is the sole responsibility of the cretins who racially abused our own player. It is absolutely not the fault of the club or BoD, as many are insinuating.

I do not see how tarnishing the reputation of all supporters is an appropriate way of dealing with an individual? Even for a vile incident of racism. You don’t need to continually condemn it to address it. It should be obvious by now.
However, I’ve long held the view that any form of common sense is lost on society nowadays so what’s the point giving a f**k anyway?
Let the damage commence.
It’s obviously ok for our club to be mentioned in the same breath as loathsome outfits like the old firm for unacceptable behaviour due to one individual fuckwit.