The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, spratte said:

Obviously you know more than me being itk m8 and I could be way off the mark but I can’t see how we can afford two full squads wages

Considering Ray hasn't even been given a maximum budget but has been told to spend what he needs to by the BoD, I'd confidently suggest we can afford it.

Listening to BBC Sportsound and Tom English is quite rightly condemning the Hibs fan's racist behavior. He then goes on to say there's far too much of this going on and lists a few examples including "Falkirk's Dennon Lewis".     

This is what happens when the club do not issue an apology/retraction/clarification statement and just hopes it goes away - the mud still sticks. 

No mention of the Falkirk fans' anti-racism display at the next home game either.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

It’s a wild suggestion but I reckon that’s a deliberate act. There’s no way he can be that shite.

I think if you had said that at the start of the season you may have been right but given some of what we have been subjected to so far i would say "yes he can"

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

It's not "ITK crap" or winding anybody up. All I'm doing is passing on information I've been given. 

I know for a fact(you can review this at the end of January) that this talk of signing 6 or 7 players is just a tactic to minimise fans' expectations. Ray wants to bring in(and get rid of) at least 10 players but isn't sure whether he can get 10 guys with the quality required. 

I'm hurting just as every other Falkirk fan is. But surely your anger should be directed at the people on this forum who abused and harangued fellow Falkirk fans who could see early on that Hartley's little experiment wasn't going to work, and now still think their opinions are credible whilst contributing absolutely no sensible opinions on football in their years on this forum. 

I was one of the first posters on here to call Hartley's reign out for what it was and I know exactly what Ray's plans are now. I have been a Falkirk supporter all my life and none of my posts ate trolling or fishing in the slightest.

People have asked for transfer rumours- Ryan Flynn, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and Tom Taiwo are all being actively looked at by Ray and his staff right now. Whether any of them will be signed, I don't know but all are being evaluated. Craig Sibbald was a very strong possibility but Gary Holt now sees him as an important part of his squad.

I'll drive Ryan Flynn through personally. 

Heartless impostor. Definitely not what is needed in a relegation dogfight. 

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

All I'm doing is passing on information I've been given. 

I know for a fact(you can review this at the end of January) that this talk of signing 6 or 7 players is just a tactic to minimise fans' expectations. Ray wants to bring in(and get rid of) at least 10 players but isn't sure whether he can get 10 guys with the quality required. 

know exactly what Ray's plans are now.  none of my posts ate trolling or fishing in the slightest.

People have asked for transfer rumours- Ryan Flynn, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and Tom Taiwo are all being actively looked at by Ray and his staff right now. Whether any of them will be signed, I don't know but all are being evaluated. Craig Sibbald was a very strong possibility but Gary Holt now sees him as an important part of his squad.

Outwith the coaching staff, there are three people who know targets - Chair, CEO & football administrator who prepares contracts. Given how frustrated all three used to get at leaks I'm certain none tell you anything. The directors aren't aware of incomings; nowadays they only get told of an arrival half an hour before a signing is announced.

The chances of anyone outwith that circle knowing the level of detail you claim are virtually zero. And if you WERE one of them - say a family member or a scout sent by Ray to assess a player - the broadcasting that knowledge on a public forum  would be suicide for you.

You'ld also have a better knowledge of club matters that have already tripped you up, such as consortium details or youth teams. And as a lifelong Falkirk fan, you would surely have taken the chance to speak to the leader of that consortium. Did you make that call, incidentally?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm baffled by that. He could've headed it, swung his right foot at it, even just launched his body at the ball. Bizarre. 

I'd have him in the five worst to wear the jersey in my time going to games (first match was in 1996).

Him and Fasan are in the top 5 of all time. I've been watching games since the early 80s. Dallison might actually deserve a slot there too. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm baffled by that. He could've headed it, swung his right foot at it, even just launched his body at the ball. Bizarre. 

I'd have him in the five worst to wear the jersey in my time going to games (first match was in 1996).

My first match was in 1978 and he’s in my top 5. The guy is awful at football and always pretending he’s injured.

Dallison is in my top 5 too. And probably Fasan and Haber.

This current team is awful. The worst I’ve seen by miles.

8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

There’s no way we’ll get 10 players. I’ve heard Ray went to the board with a figure in mind of what he felt he needed to keep us up. The board didn’t even give him half of it. Harkins went to Partick for more money after training with us.

Longer contract was offered to Harkins to.