The Falkirk FC Thread

Felt he tried his best but was absolutely nowhere near good enough for this level. Doesn't leave with the same animosity I have for a few others who have left this year, no idea who would sign him though (aside from Mitch and Hartley)
He appeared to be used to, or want to play, a totally different version of the game and was totally unable to adjust to what was in front of him.

If he can find the league where defenders get half an hour on the ball he might do ok.

Not sure where his version of the game exists though.... Training grounds most likely.

9 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

image.png.b7117ddd5b28466fd23c9cf6de7f4a35.png

If we're bringing in another 4 I'd imagine they'll be a keeper, a winger and maybe 2 strikers?

I still think a decent right back would make all the difference. I've forgotten what its like to have someone half decent there its been that long.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I still think a decent right back would make all the difference. I've forgotten what its like to have someone half decent there its been that long.

Agreed, Kidd does his best there but just doesn't look natural on the wing, particularly getting forward. if we keep Rudden then hopefully it's a keeper, a right back, a winger and an experienced striker.

57 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Always been a staunch element, going right back to pre-internet Brockville.

Sevco used to get a decent cheer when they were winning at half time. 

We should really have introduced a Sudoku or hygiene test at the turnstile to keep them out.

Sorry to be a bit pedantic but Sevco didn't exist back in those pre-internet Brockville days.

You are thinking of that old club that their fans let die.

We didn't.

#BacktheBairns

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He appeared to be used to, or want to play, a totally different version of the game and was totally unable to adjust to what was in front of him.

If he can find the league where defenders get half an hour on the ball he might do ok.

Not sure where his version of the game exists though.... Training grounds most likely.

Surely must be the welsh league as there were enough folk on here telling us how he strolled through the friendly with TNS and was going to be a real star this season.

So is that the immediate clear out done then?

Harrison and Brough did their bit in capturing those vital first 13 points, and will doubtless eventually head to pastures new, but for me, when that time comes, they can both go with their dignity intact. Neither hid, and both gave 100% of what they had.

Paton (if fit) might feature now and then, but can’t see him being a “starts every week” type.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Harrison and Brough did their bit in capturing those vital first 13 points, and will doubtless eventually head to pastures new, but for me, when that time comes, they can both go with their dignity intact. Neither hid, and both gave 100% of what they had.

Paton (if fit) might feature now and then, but can’t see him being a “starts every week” type.

I think/hope Fasan will be next once we sign a goalkeeper.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I'd bin those three, Fasan and Mitchell at the first opportunity. I'd make no attempt to renew Irving's loan.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If we could get a quality keeper and Mutch as back up I’d let  Mitchell go and of course Fasan regardless but unlikely Mitchell will go.

Irving back to hearts also.

Edited by gav-ffc

Have they said that?

Yes I believe they have. When I was at school mind you 70% was much bigger than 30% so it really would matter anyway. Patrons would have a much bigger sway if they take up the allocation of 45%.