The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Depends really on the result of their game V QoS on Tuesday.  Hopefully they're not 3 points better off after that. 

Sadly Dobbie already has the flip flops on and not interested again until August.

Not bad wages for 6 months work a year.

53 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Depends really on the result of their game V QoS on Tuesday.  Hopefully they're not 3 points better off after that. 

I think I want Queens to beat them (soundly) on Tuesday. Although you both have the same number of points, your goal difference is much better and there's always the chance that Dobbie may waken up again before the season's end so I think I prefer Morton on a downward spiral before we play them on Friday.

52 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Sadly Dobbie already has the flip flops on and not interested again until August.

Not bad wages for 6 months work a year.

Worth more tbh. 

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think I want Queens to beat them (soundly) on Tuesday. Although you both have the same number of points, your goal difference is much better and there's always the chance that Dobbie may waken up again before the season's end so I think I prefer Morton on a downward spiral before we play them on Friday.

I doubt if Dobbie is in holiday mode just yet,  he's only about 4 goals short of beating the club record of players goals in a season of 41.  When he does that he can put his feet up and count his money, but at a reputed £100 per goal he's got plenty of incentive to keep trying. We're not blessed with a glut of scorers throughout the team but its not as if others haven't  chipped in with a few as  well though. 

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Hat trick against Morten then he can take the rest of the season off. Unless he fancies a few against Partick/Alloa and Dunfermline as well. 

Would love it if he did get a couple at least against Morton, although a win with anyone else scoring will be just as pleasing. We've not beaten Morton (or Alloa)  yet this season though. 

The behind the goals podcast this week features Kenny Jimieson talking about the back the bairns campaign.

Worth a listen.

Listen to 45: Back The Bairns by Behind The Goals: A Scottish Football Podcast #np on #SoundCloud

Last 15 minutes are spot on. The first 30 tells us nothing new if you are up to speed with things

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Last 15 minutes are spot on. The first 30 tells us nothing new if you are up to speed with things

Agree, but the caveat needs to be that no club ever has to give so much as one penny to Livingston Laundry.

Hi lads. Sorry for dropping in, and apologies for telling anyone who'll listen that you'll comfortably avoid celebration relegation - I hope it's not the kiss of death.

Anyway we're signing yer ex man Brian McLean. I know it was a long time ago that he was with you lot, but he's not played very much football over here since - and his second spell at TFS was the only time he's played in the old SFL, so I'm interested to know how you think he'll get on in the Seaside League.

What sort of player are we getting?  

Edited by Ross Forbes

24 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Hi lads. Sorry for dropping in, and apologies for telling anyone who'll listen that you'll comfortably avoid celebration - I hope it's not the kiss of death.

Anyway we're signing yer ex man Brian McLean. I know it was a long time ago that he was with you lot, but he's not played very much football over here since - and his second spell at TFS was the only time he's played in the old SFL, so I'm interested to know how you think he'll get on in the Seaside League.

He'll be murder but then you lot seem to rate David Smith or Dom Thomas as your club sinks lower and lower, so tough to say if you'll take to him or not.

12 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

We've been avoiding it all season so no change there

:lol: Woops.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He'll be murder but then you lot seem to rate David Smith or Dom Thomas as your club sinks lower and lower, so tough to say if you'll take to him or not.

Please do not put DT23 in the same category as David Smith.

More or less murder than Ross Perry? Who, without wanting to prove your point, has actually been alright for us.

50 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Hi lads. Sorry for dropping in, and apologies for telling anyone who'll listen that you'll comfortably avoid celebration relegation - I hope it's not the kiss of death.

I can’t belive he’s still playing.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

So well that yous got relegated and are dropping like a stone through League One? Aye it keeps me up at night.

David Smith is better than Craig Pettigrew. The fact he wasn't our first choice right-back last season doesn't change that fact. Bit of weird thing to get yourself worked up about given he's a pretty inoffensive player, but each to their own.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I can’t believe he’s still playing.

:lol: That fills me with confidence.

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

David Smith is better than Craig Pettigrew. The fact he wasn't our first choice right-back last season doesn't change that fact. Bit of weird thing to get yourself worked up about given he's a pretty inoffensive player, but each to their own.

:lol: That fills me with confidence.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

It was my reaction too but more down to what age he must be to be honest 

This, he’s turning 34 in a couple of days.