The Falkirk FC Thread

As I said earlier I don’t expect them to do the right thing but I do expect them to move on. 
Think Kenny and David have put together a good proposal so we can only hope. 

They have but I am pessimistic of the MSG selling to either the local consortium (which would have launched a fan scheme) or go ahead with the fans ownership model.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have but I am pessimistic of the MSG selling to either the local consortium (which would have launched a fan scheme) or go ahead with the fans ownership model.

I dont think either would give them the money they want or expect to relinquish control.

I dont think either would give them the money they want or expect to relinquish control.

Not sure any of the offers will TBH. The fan ownership model which the backed unanimously in December gave them nothing don’t forget.

Some of the MSG have behaved deplorably

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure any of the offers will TBH. The fan ownership model which the backed unanimously in December gave them nothing don’t forget.

Some of the MSG have behaved deplorably

They were happy to accept the investment just weren't happy to lose any control on any of their shares whatsoever or give any quarter of control to fan ownership given the last 2 seasons we have had to endure i wouldn't trust them financially as they have been a disaster.

I think the word American Stockbroker and Consortium probably got them excited and them thinking about the millions they can expect to with the take over when the reality is probably going to have them a bit better of but not to what they expect or want.  I just hope whoever bid is successful is enough for change with the current incumbents i wont expect a promotion challenge for sure.

It’s been nothing short of disgusting how the fans have been treated by this lot. Will it change or get any better soon? No idea. We are off to the worst possible start in the 3rd tier though with few players signed up, no confirmed budget in place, ownership wrangles still in full swing & a support who are threatening to withhold vital funds due to the CEO & board still remaining in place (and rightly withholding imho).

Bloody grim lads.

It’s been nothing short of disgusting how the fans have been treated by this lot. Will it change or get any better soon? No idea. We are off to the worst possible start in the 3rd tier though with few players signed up, no confirmed budget in place, ownership wrangles still in full swing & a support who are threatening to withhold vital funds due to the CEO & board still remaining in place (and rightly withholding imho).

Bloody grim lads.

IMG_1450.jpg

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Bloody grim lads.

The current situation is just completely untenable, it defies belief, but with this mob, nothing surprises you. The season finished three weeks ago and whilst every other club motors on with plans for the new season, we are completely stuck, doing the only thing we do well these days, which is being by far the biggest laughing stock and shambles in Scottish football.

They had an offer of investment prior to Christmas, thrown out. Share Purchase scheme, fans shafted on that as well. If they still will not sell to any of the interested parties this time, the only recourse open to supporters is a complete and concerted boycott of the whole enchilada: season tickets, strips, merchandise, matches, everything. Cue the predictable "only hurting the club" from the EdiBairns of this world, but starving them out is the only way we are ever getting rid of this gang I fear. 

Sickening also to think that a CEO who has, by any performance measure you wish to use, been a complete, total and utter failure is still sitting there creaming off a wage whilst we have sunk to our lowest ebb in forty years. 

Feel free to name names BPM.
I would like to see the names for a proper witch hunt, but I think at this point its safe to assume all are complicit in the current clusterfuck.

As a customer, thats how I see it and its what I am basing my decisions on.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

According to this the club is worth 2.3 million:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC005854/FALKIRK-FOOTBALL-AND-ATHLETIC-CLUB-LTD-THE/financials#key-financials

so by that i reckon anywhere about 1.5 million for them to leave

By that, St Johnstone could buy Falkirk and have just shy of a million left over :P

By that, St Johnstone could buy Falkirk and have just shy of a million left over [emoji14]
Little diddy companies have taken over bigger ones before and will again. Its really not unusual.

The fans dont come with the club though, so hard lines there.

So, we don’t have a Chairman, but we do have a CEO and BoD which includes the previous Chairman who stood down because she got most things badly wrong.

We have a manager and his coaching staff, but only half a dozen or so players and the ever decreasing likelihood that he will be able to sign the players he wants before they sign up elsewhere (which has probably already happened).

The scenario is fast approaching the point where McKinnon will be tasked with ensuring we survive in Seaside League 1, and not get relegated.

Martin Ritchie will be confiding to friends and family that Raith Rovers are a big club and very experienced in League 1, so we shouldn’t be expected to compete with clubs like that.

We will probably have to redefine just how low the current board are prepared to take the club. I thought relegation might be their personal rock bottom, but that might just have been hopeful thinking.