The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You've only posted twice, and on both occasions it was to give out names of trialists who hadn't been mentioned elsewhere.  You do know there's a reason why managers often keep the names out of the media.

While it's probably not applicable for those two, are you aware that we've lost players in the past because of word getting out that we were looking at them?

Being genuinely ITK is one thing, as you obviously are. Being sensible enough to keep it to yourself is another. Which is an outlook that that at least one prominent individual associated with the club refuses to heed.

Another reason why change behind the scenes is badly needed. :(

Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg.......

My god, ‘hammer’ has provided a couple of posts on pre-season activity that most fans have been crying out for.
Hard to imagine that these days with football agents widely employed, that most suitable clubs would not be aware of the availability of, er, available players.

Keep ‘em coming ‘hammer’!

Edited by HonestAl

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Question for the sane ones on this thread; would you consider promotion via the play-offs a success for club/McKinnon?

Obviously with the budget and gulf in squad quality you *should* win the league and get around 80 points or more but would finishing 2nd-4th and squeaking up be acceptable?

Realistically we should be winning the league with the budget we have. But i'd take going up through the play offs if we were playing free flowing attacking football. More ideally though we'll be playing all out attack every week and will scud the league.

1 minute ago, HonestAl said:

Hard to imagine that these days with football agents widely employed, that most suitable clubs would not be aware of the availability of, er, available players.

It may be hard for you to imagine, but it's entirely true. If it wasn't the case managers would routinely out their targets in the press, they hate doing that precisely because it can bring more interest leading to them either losing the player or having to offer more cash.

promotion

Yes. Bottom line, we're not down here for a good time and we are certainly not looking to be down here for a long time.

Aye it would result in more questions than answers re Rays next crack at the Championship but there will be other factors at play determining how that goes.

We could potentially win the league but with people wanting Ray punted due to his style so that negativity is a big possibility regardless what we do.

We need to get up. What the fall out from that is, well thats for another time.

10 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg.......

My god, ‘hammer’ has provided a couple of posts on pre-season activity that most fans have been crying out for.

Keep ‘em coming ‘hammer’!

Everyone's entitled to their opinion;  I've given mine and if you wish to differ that's entirely up to you. Fortunately we're sensible Falkirk fans so we don't indulge in some of the name-calling and childishness that categorises fans of a certain club from Inverclyde. We can disagree and still be civil to each other.

The only observation I'd make is that both your comment and his recent ones are being made by very new posters. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Question for the sane ones on this thread; would you consider promotion via the play-offs a success for club/McKinnon?

Obviously with the budget and gulf in squad quality you *should* win the league and get around 80 points or more but would finishing 2nd-4th and squeaking up be acceptable?

Tricky one to answer. The problem with that is if we aren't winning the league the crowd will already be against McKinnon with the budget he has in comparison to the other teams.

If he isn't capable of winning the league then he isn't the man for the job, if we scraped up through the play offs then a new manager would be required for next season in my opinion. 

Sounds harsh to say if we go up but not winning the league would be a failure. 

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Only my opinion but been saying for a few weeks now there won’t be any change

I think your right on that one tbh , my guess would be the 2 in best interests of the club were the 2 that pulled out when they gave more time for 2 possible buyers more time to put a bid in.

The thing is whether you agree with the Academy or not i cant help but think thats been the biggest mistake the club closing that down, and am not daft enough to believe that the money saved from the academy went into the first team if anything it probably went to paying off Hartleys duds

25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Promotion via play offs bringing a full time team down would be funny, but it's promotion full stop, no matter how it's done. 

The question is pretty much asking if you'd like a half pint or a pint.

Raith have had a decent pre season albeit it means fuk all, but they are obviously more experienced to cope down here than us.

Only Ray can fuk it up for us is my thots and his remaining signings could make or break him.

Edited by MrDust

34 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion;  I've given mine and if you wish to differ that's entirely up to you. Fortunately we're sensible Falkirk fans so we don't indulge in some of the name-calling and childishness that categorises fans of a certain club from Inverclyde. We can disagree and still be civil to each other.

The only observation I'd make is that both your comment and his recent ones are being made by very new posters. 

Here`s one from a "very auld poster"..... you`ve got that tight corset on again this week haven`t you??  Take it out a notch or two and chill.😉

44 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’m genuinely not trying to point-score here (given our position, that would be a bit daft) but - looking at what’s happened to Raith since they went down, and the problems you guys had - I’d take getting up and out of the league by any means.  Automatic, playoffs, league reconstruction, act of Stainrod, administrative error - f**k it, I don’t care.  We just can’t afford to be here for more than a year.

Obviously the best that could happen would be automatic promotion, lots of wins and the sort of 5, 6, and 7 goal margins you were achieving in your promotion year, to bring a bit of momentum.  But we have to acknowledge we’re on yet another new squad of players who’ve never met (is Dixon our longest served ffs?) and that combined with Ray’s pragmatism will mean a lot of grinding out results.  And for some games at the start of the season it’ll be pretty toxic towards the board, which doesn’t help the players in any way.

I really think that if this season is a success and we get promoted first try then the current board will see themselves as right and vindicated by any decisions made in the past and that will give them a sort of god given right for us to forget everything that has happened. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m in Cyprus with shit connection. Have we signed DKD or are folk on the windup ??

Wind up.

Seems you can post as much p*sh as you like about potential signings, but don’t ever dare put facts in front of us........

21 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Wind up.

Seems you can post as much p*sh as you like about potential signings, but don’t ever dare put facts in front of us........

Bold as brass this kid coming in here, insulting our resident camera man and thinking he can get away with it, me and Senor at your door shortly buddy.

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Is that the original line up or a tribute band?

Sadly, the original keyboard player couldn’t agree terms.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Bold as brass this kid coming in here, insulting our resident camera man and thinking he can get away with it, me and Senor at your door shortly buddy.

Jeepers.....