The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Trump said:

People aren’t seriously suggesting we have a realistic change of signing DKD?

IMG_4654.jpg

I don't think anyone is being serious, Trump. On top of it being very unlikely to begin with, BainsfordBairn also dismissed the move last week. It makes for better reading than the MT pish though. 

51 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Good Lord!  Are you people still claiming you've somehow got the better of Morton?  

Seriously, that's one club you should never mention again, such was the abject humiliation you suffered in relation to them last season.

Utter delusion.

Maybe I should have worded it better then. Maybe I should have said "why does Michael Doyle look so ecstatic at being away from QOS"?

This wasn't a scripted shot. This was ten minutes before KO in a match, albeit a friendly. He walks straight up to the camera, proudly shows off his Falkirk top and grins like a Cheshire cat.

I think he likes us. Proud to be a Bairn. :thumsup2

Doyle.jpg

Doyle looks a right character, he will be a fans favourite in no time. 
Seems to be the theme from fans of his other clubs. That he is well liked.

I need someone to fill a Tommy Robson shaped hole in my heart.

Win me over Michael. Win me over.

Why do so many of our ex-players look so unhappy now?
PTSD probably.

On Doyle, if he doesn't become a fans favourite then TFS really is full of miserable dicks. He's limited ability wise, though still good enough for Championship level but his attitude and energy levels are about as good as I've seen. He's quite comical as well and will no doubt banter with the fans during the course of the season.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems to be the theme from fans of his other clubs. That he is well liked.

I need someone to fill a Tommy Robson shaped hole in my heart.

Win me over Michael. Win me over.

He will. 

He came out of his medical at Stirling Uni, noticed me, walked up and immediately made a joke about the size of my equipment. This was before I'd even had the chance to introduce myself. 

He's a very lively, talkative character and gives the impression of being exactly the type of person you want in a dressing room. I guarantee he'll be a team captain at some point in his career. He's also one of the fittest players at the club; he and Connolly were joint winners of that beep test thing this year. 

Doyle is definitely a character. Even if he ends up being shite on the park, you'll probably enjoy having him, and so will the players. He should stroll that level too.

Hope he does well. Nothing but good feelings towards the guy.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He will. 

He came out of his medical at Stirling Uni, noticed me, walked up and immediately made a joke about the size of my equipment. This was before I'd even had the chance to introduce myself. 

He's a very lively, talkative character and gives the impression of being exactly the type of person you want in a dressing room. I guarantee he'll be a team captain at some point in his career. He's also one of the fittest players at the club; he and Connolly were joint winners of that beep test thing this year. 

Any word on who our captain is going to be this year Ansel?

He will. 
Every time I hear about a beep test it reminds me that a big deal was made about Alex Harris' performance on it.

Please never speak of it again.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Maybe I should have worded it better then. Maybe I should have said "why does Michael Doyle look so ecstatic at being away from QOS"?

This wasn't a scripted shot. This was ten minutes before KO in a match, albeit a friendly. He walks straight up to the camera, proudly shows off his Falkirk top and grins like a Cheshire cat.

Doyle.jpg

The laddie looks delighted to be signing up with you guys. That’s the kind of photo you’d want to see from a new player  

I still shudder when I think about willow floods signing pictures, thank f**k he buggered off again. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Doyle.jpg

He's an actual Right back, he's probably not used to that having quite such a response from a fan base.