The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
19 minutes ago, Russ said:

We’ve got 20 players here and it looks like Gomis, Laverty and MacLean are out injured.

Tommy Robson here tae.

How very fucking dare you.

I fucking love a good squad number. Was absolutely seething when we have Pressley 10.

Shame he didn't stay for next season. Still think him in a 352 would have destroyed this league. 

Looks like we’re set up with a midfield diamond here with McShane at the base, Connolly at the top and Telfer/Tidser playing either side. Midfield very fluid in possession however with the 3 on front of McShane pretty much drifting about and swapping around.

Buchanan our captain this season it looks like.

Playing some not bad stuff.

Formation doesn’t suit McShane for me as he looks like he’s having to go out wide sometimes.

Bell

Doyle Durnan Buchanan Dixon

Telfer Tidser McShane

Connolly

Johnstone Sammon

That’s the formation it looks to me.

Formation doesn’t suit McShane for me as he looks like he’s having to go out wide sometimes.

Bell

Telfer Tidser McShane

Connolly

Johnstone Sammon

Had to take a double look at the formation thought for a minute we had 3 sitting midfielders

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don’t believe the ST sales figure. Reason for me doubting it will be come clear in time

I would hazard a guess at it trying to quell any sort of protest or make it look as if any boycott of season ticket sales was failing, making those that are not renewing or boycotting merchandise made to feel that their efforts have failed in what they are trying to achieve in regime change.

Decent enough display from us so far. 1-0 up but really it should be 3 or 4. Sammon putting an easy header wide and Johnstone and Connolly both missing good chances as well. Lewis McMinn also made a cracking save from a long range Telfer shot. Only time Brechin have really threatened was when Sammon switched off at a corner leaving McCord with a free header that hit the bar.

Really impressed with our midfield Connolly and Telfer taking up some really good positions and all of them looking after the ball really well. Mikey Doyle seems to have some turn of pace on him as well.

Few disgusting tackles flying in from Brechin particularly the tackle right at the end of the half by McCord on Telfer. That’s a red in a competitive game imo.

On 06/07/2019 at 13:19, LatapyBairn said:

With is building an entire team from scratch, it will take time for Ray to get them to gel and play together. There should be no panicking until the end of October at least even if we’re not firing on all cylinders.

Shouldn't take too long. Apart from Sammon I think every player in the squad has played with at least one other at some point. Some more than one.

Brilliant run from Doyle and really unlucky to hit the inside of the box. Then from the ball back into the box Buchanan is wrestled to the ground and Durnan heads home but the ref still gave the pen. Sammon scored it 2-0.

We’ve made 9 subs now only 2 still on are Doyle and Buchanan. It’s a different number 9 from Saturday.

Bell

Telfer Tidser McShane

Connolly

Johnstone Sammon

Thats a f**king wierd way to set up thoes players IMO