The Falkirk FC Thread

19 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

It was a panic statement as they have probably been getting asked some awkward questions since Campbell had been so visible on Saturday. A case of, quick, say something to make all the nasty people talking to us.

By the looks of it, I would say the deal between Campbell and the MSG must be done by now, in principle, at least. I would imagine there will be a lot of wrangling being done to get the Council, Sandy Alexander and anyone else who has a say in the stadium and the surrounding area. If he is coming in, he'll be coming for the lot, not just bits of it. That's probably why it's taking so long.

For God's sake can we not get real.

He is not buying the rest of the main stand off the council, he is not building a 4th stand or a hotel - this was all pish to get the idiots onside , see Twitter it worked.     

6 hours ago, Stainrod said:

You are right to hope for the best and expect the worst. MC strikes me as a total fanny and not capable of running a bath never mind a time consuming football club . The real agenda whatever the detail of that is seems to have been designed by the men in the shadows. Lawyers football agents or whoever they are one thing is certain it’s about money not love.
Fasten your seatbelts we are about to go on a roller coaster that will eventually end in tears and need the fans to bail us out! It’s their guarantee of cash back as we have already evidenced we can raise 800 k to push the club forward how much will we pay to save it from Armageddon 4 years down the line is the question. Ironically some of the best times I’ve had as a fan were under the stewardship of the last ego maniac at the helm mr G Fulston

I keep hearing the fans can always bale the club out , and that figure of 800K.

Don't you realise that weird guys with no connection to the club , like for example at Bury can raise easily rack up 7-10M worth of debt in no time , secured against the assets of the club from very dubious high interest sources.

You have to be very certain who you are handing the full control of the club to and what their motivations are.

If it goes pear shaped that 800K might not cover the liquidator's fees. 

Let's just hope the current custodians know what they are doing. Good luck everyone.

15 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

For God's sake can we not get real.

He is not buying the rest of the main stand off the council, he is not building a 4th stand or a hotel - this was all pish to get the idiots onside , see Twitter it worked.     

You mean he lied ...😮

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

I keep hearing the fans can always bale the club out , and that figure of 800K.

Don't you realise that weird guys with no connection to the club , like for example at Bury can raise easily rack up 7-10M worth of debt in no time , secured against the assets of the club from very dubious high interest sources.

You have to be very certain who you are handing the full control of the club to and what their motivations are.

If it goes pear shaped that 800K might not cover the liquidator's fees. 

Let's just hope the current custodians know what they are doing. Good luck everyone.

Going by the list of dissolved companies he has at least he will have some experience of CVAs,

I know the MSG have made some absolute clangers but i think this one is going to surpass them all, i hope it doesnt but in the words of Luke Skywalker:

giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You mean he lied ...😮

Going by the list of dissolved companies he has at least he will have some experience of CVAs,

I know the MSG have made some absolute clangers but i think this one is going to surpass them all, i hope it doesnt but in the words of Luke Skywalker:

giphy.gif

If a notice was issued to creditors would that not be filed on the companies house website?

I'm very concerned about the future of our club.

we seem to be going steadily backwards from leaving brockville and losing the ownership of our stadium to the council, shutting the academy, dropping 2 league's, mismanaging the recruitment of McKinnon, the terrible communications from the club in a number of ways. and now I obviously hope I'm wrong but the worst could be yet to come with Mark Campbell. a man who is not a fan, seems to have a chequered background, is promising the earth, has little relevant experience, doesn't seem to have significant finances and by his own admission states falkirks lack of debt is what attracted him. bigger clubs than us have been duped, Craig whyte anyone?

the only positive consistency has been that whatever has happended the fans have continued to turn out in numbers. here's hoping that if this all goes wrong we are able to bale us out from whatever happens.

as others have stated I'm hoping for the best but preparing myself for the worst

It is interesting and quite topical to remember that Jeffries time in charge spanned the reigns if the Dean's and then Fulston. 
I think anyway.

Aye and where did it all end?

Too many trumpeting MC and the promise of the world either did not live through ‘98 or have forgotten the pain, dread and fear of those 3/4 months when we didn’t know if we would have a football club to support again.

I will never forget that first ever party on the pitch in the marquee when at the end of the night we were all up signing you will never take my Falkirk away. I looked to my right and there was Scott Crabbe, a died in the wool Jambo singing it at full pelt like us. It meant a lot to him and I feel emotional typing this, thinking back.

I want to see my club punching at its weight, I want to see the stadium completed and I want to see us developing our own players again. But fist and foremost I want my club to be safe and not have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever again that I might lose it.

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Who’s going to want to stay at a Hotel beside the Falkirk stadium anyway? “With excellent views of an oil refinery...”

If we put it in the right corner they get a view of the Kelpies and the Helix park, we're all over this one

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Aye and where did it all end?

Too many trumpeting MC and the promise of the world either did not live through ‘98 or have forgotten the pain, dread and fear of those 3/4 months when we didn’t know if we would have a football club to support again.

I will never forget that first ever party on the pitch in the marquee when at the end of the night we were all up signing you will never take my Falkirk away. I looked to my right and there was Scott Crabbe, a died in the wool Jambo singing it at full pelt like us. It meant a lot to him and I feel emotional typing this, thinking back.

I want to see my club punching at its weight, I want to see the stadium completed and I want to see us developing our own players again. But fist and foremost I want my club to be safe and not have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever again that I might lose it.

I was there funnily enough for what was at stake the club and fanbase had never been closer, pretty sure the fanbase came together to pay the players wages during that time. as the old saying goes it was the best of times, but it was the worst of times.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Who’s going to want to stay at a Hotel beside the Falkirk stadium anyway? “With excellent views of an oil refinery...”

Having a hotel there would be a winner. Just off the motorway and an ideal site for business and leisure. No competition for miles as Falkirk does not have a decent hotel to the standards people expect today. Put in the facilities such as a spa , sauna , fitness club it would be a money pit. Add to that the rail links from the two railway stations it's a no brainer. 

Having a hotel there would be a winner. Just off the motorway and an ideal site for business and leisure. No competition for miles as Falkirk does not have a decent hotel to the standards people expect today. Put in the facilities such as a spa , sauna , fitness club it would be a money pit. Add to that the rail links from the two railway stations it's a no brainer. 

If it’s a no brained why would the current board have done it !

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Airth Castle and MacDonald Inchyra, all the rest in the area are just your bed and en suite so to speak really, dont know how they are going to fit in what they want with the other pitch being there if the plan is to put a 4th stand then its going to have to be enter via the side unless they rip up the new pitch thats just been installed.  Anyway thats for our bearded overlord to work out 

Oops auto text hi jacked my post but you get my drift ! Whatever you think of the current lot (some of them ) have run successful businesses .There is no low hanging fruit that MC dud and his pals can instantly turn into a gold mine. And even if there was that cash would be disappearing into their own pockets pretty snappy . The current board lacked a leader but it was not corrupt . We might not survive a second fulston scenario. When Martin Ritchie baled the club our he said he would change the structure do avoid /not allow one person to have full control ever again .
Makes absolute sense but after years of trying they can’t get anyone other than fans to share that ethos.
The board should not be looking to make money from selling the Shares they are in a position of privilege as custodians no more no less !

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Oops auto text hi jacked my post but you get my drift ! Whatever you think of the current lot (some of them ) have run successful businesses .There is no low hanging fruit that MC dud and his pals can instantly turn into a gold mine. And even if there was that cash would be disappearing into their own pockets pretty snappy . The current board lacked a leader but it was not corrupt . We might not survive a second fulston scenario. When Martin Ritchie baled the club our he said he would change the structure do avoid /not allow one person to have full control ever again .
Makes absolute sense but after years of trying they can’t get anyone other than fans to share that ethos.
The board should not be looking to make money from selling the Shares they are in a position of privilege as custodians no more no less !

They had other offers i.e Scott Davidson the Local consortium and then Gowsers bid, not knowing much about Gowsers bid but the other 2 were more secure than them opting for MC and putting the club to risk  so we go for the most high risk avenue if it was because the other bids didnt want to build a 4th stand, put a hotel on it, finally build the corner pods, put in a retractable roof and have more concerts at the Stadium,   i can only imagine the reason they went for his bid was a because John Park is tied in with it and b. MC was wearing a Santa outfit and saying ho ho ho and asking the board what they want for Christmas.