The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I haven't seen RR or EF this season but I thought Clyde weren't bad at Broadwood and quite decent on Saturday. You have some good players. The rest though have been absolutely dreadful.

Falkirk do have some good footballers we saw some of them last season for the opposition. But we are not a good team, far too many just do not gel together.

That is where management, tactics and man management comes in and that is what McKinnon and his coaching staff have failed miserably at.

It may come down to a couple of signings or a positional change and it clicks. Have seen it over the years, one signing comes in and 3 - 4 players around him are transformed.

Just don't see that happening.

13 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk do have some good footballers we saw some of them last season for the opposition. But we are not a good team, far too many just do not gel together.

That is where management, tactics and man management comes in and that is what McKinnon and his coaching staff have failed miserably at.

It may come down to a couple of signings or a positional change and it clicks. Have seen it over the years, one signing comes in and 3 - 4 players around him are transformed.

Just don't see that happening.

I personally dont think any of the signed players had good seasons last season, they were judged as decent championship players which should skoosh this league and havent down to us having a manager who has no attacking formula in his locker. The recent shoehorning 3 strikers into the team, could say 4 shows how clueless he is, the recent two strikers sub swap was simply madness in a game we were chasing. 

I had hoped McMillan may have changed things around for us, in some ways it has but to be pals with everyone, Ray has obviously tried to please 3 strikers in playing all 3. The only way we are winning this league is if Ray goes or he gets lucky with a decent Jan window, which is what happened at Raith

Edited by MrDust

Sandy Alexander  454320        19%
Martin Ritchie 302114 13%
William Moffat 223616 9%
Douglas McIntyre 220616 9%
Colin Liddell 178802 7%
Lex Miller 123506 5%
Major Shareholders Group 1502974 62%

i believe that is the current make up of the MSG, if Moffat dosent want to sell it only takes 1 other for MC to loose interest IMO.

I am amazed if someone from the MSG has broken rank, they are usually annoyingly stubborn and united.

8 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Sandy Alexander  454320        19%
Martin Ritchie 302114 13%
William Moffat 223616 9%
Douglas McIntyre 220616 9%
Colin Liddell 178802 7%
Lex Miller 123506 5%
Major Shareholders Group 1502974 62%

i believe that is the current make up of the MSG, if Moffat dosent want to sell it only takes 1 other for MC to loose interest IMO.

I am amazed if someone from the MSG has broken rank, they are usually annoyingly stubborn and united.

The Moffat's have held shares long  before the MSG existed.  Maybe that's got something to do with it?

Edited by FFCinthearea

1 minute ago, FFCinthearea said:

The Moffat's have held shares long  before the MSG existed.  Maybe that's got something to do with it?

There are also other shareholders who have more shares that are not part of the MSG, Paul Heally for example owns 7% of the club. MC could be after them as well.

This could be provide MC with a way to withdraw his offer and save what little dignity he has left. It is not difficult to imagine him saying that he wanted all of the MSG shares or none at all.

At least it looks as if something is happening at long last. I certainly hope MC is sent on his way. It is better having a shite team than no team at all.