The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, ALLY B FFC said:

Firstly I didn't miss the Clyde game and I will be back on Friday. Once upon a time I had to travel back back by tug boat to Abidjan then take 3 flights to get to Vaduz. So what I do midweek has nothing to do with my attendance.

As for the rest of your response.  I appreciate your advice. Personally, I think that the bigger picture has been missed and I by no means think I am superior to any other fan. 

While I agree that Ray is not the man. Who could we realistically bring in?  I think he is too mild mannered and a guy like Alex Rae could turn things around. 

I was at Meadowbank, last game of the season when nearly 1,000 of us sang Jeffries Jeffries get to f**k. The rest is history.

In terms of length of support, it was not my Intention to impress, simply to say that I have seen a bit.

The power of this forum should not be underestimated. If I was on the board, I would have to either take some notice or completely ignore the views. Some of the comments have been over the top.

As mentioned frequently the board do read this forum.

You Sir of far more longstanding as a supporter of our club, should perhaps acknowledge that it hasn't all been bad under the current board. Lex Miller excluded. 

Anyway we will see what will happen tomorrow.  

You’re looking for this place - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1090374457655988/?ref=share

Gentlemen of the loud minority. Time to reap what you sow.  I'm a fan of 34 years , first game was a 2-3 loss to Morton, towards the end of our promotion season.

For reference I stood at the fence from 1987 until the last game at Inverness.  I was there when Jimmy Gilmour scored that screamer at Parkhead, the only reason I still have a VHS. 

The vitriol that has been directed towards the likes of Martin Ritchie, is complete and uniformed nonsense. Key board warriors hang your head in shame. This is the guy that saved us from oblivion and until the last few years, had us in cup finals, and had us on unforgettable trips to Czech Republic and UEFA Cup to Vaduz.  

Most of you pie and bovril regulars wouldn't have noticed that the alleged c!!!nts of the MSG were sat in the away end at Starks Park. Thats because you don't attend games, but shout the loudest from your keyboard after watching on your computer. The rest us of us are in the pub or on the way back from an away game.

Incidentally I saw MC at Raith and the guy looks like a tink.  

So shout loud boys, destroy our club and continue to maintain that the likes of Yogi was a diddy. Look at the stats. There should be a statue of  Yogi in the foyer for services as an exceptional player and our best manager since JJ.

So we will wait and see what happens tomorrow. But in my opinion it will be the rank and file fans who suffer, for you over opinionated pish and shite boycotts. 

I will continue to follow Falkirk over land and see, whatever happens. Unlike you board jockeys. 

If Martin Ritchie and Colin Liddel sell their shares, then thanks to both and others who at the time saved us from oblivion. The memories of the good times will never be erased.

Incidentally, if Ray has to go, which I am not averse to. Nobody has proposed a decent alternative My shout for what it's worth is Alex Rae. Lets get some passion back. 

COYB!

You were doing ok till you mentioned Liddell, and Campbell wasn’t at the Raith game

Gentlemen of the loud minority. Time to reap what you sow.  I'm a fan of 34 years , first game was a 2-3 loss to Morton, towards the end of our promotion season.
For reference I stood at the fence from 1987 until the last game at Inverness.  I was there when Jimmy Gilmour scored that screamer at Parkhead, the only reason I still have a VHS. 
The vitriol that has been directed towards the likes of Martin Ritchie, is complete and uniformed nonsense. Key board warriors hang your head in shame. This is the guy that saved us from oblivion and until the last few years, had us in cup finals, and had us on unforgettable trips to Czech Republic and UEFA Cup to Vaduz.  
Most of you pie and bovril regulars wouldn't have noticed that the alleged c!!!nts of the MSG were sat in the away end at Starks Park. Thats because you don't attend games, but shout the loudest from your keyboard after watching on your computer. The rest us of us are in the pub or on the way back from an away game.
Incidentally I saw MC at Raith and the guy looks like a tink.  
So shout loud boys, destroy our club and continue to maintain that the likes of Yogi was a diddy. Look at the stats. There should be a statue of  Yogi in the foyer for services as an exceptional player and our best manager since JJ.
So we will wait and see what happens tomorrow. But in my opinion it will be the rank and file fans who suffer, for you over opinionated pish and shite boycotts. 
I will continue to follow Falkirk over land and see, whatever happens. Unlike you board jockeys. 
If Martin Ritchie and Colin Liddel sell their shares, then thanks to both and others who at the time saved us from oblivion. The memories of the good times will never be erased.
Incidentally, if Ray has to go, which I am not averse to. Nobody has proposed a decent alternative My shout for what it's worth is Alex Rae. Lets get some passion back. 
COYB!

You are entitled to your opinion but do NOT talk down to fans who care as much if not more than you do. As a young kid I watched Sammy Wilson lead the line and sang viva Johnny Graham in the choir _so what that just makes me a fan like you doesn't make me right or wrong ! My opinion is that Mr Ritchie is a nice guy who did a great job at one time. Unfortunately he has appointed countless fannies managers and board members who have fucked up big time.We lack drive and ambition and I like many assumed when change came it would be positive.Unlike you however I take my hat off to the on line posters who have exposed MC for who he is!
If they sell their shares to him in full knowledge he is a disaster in waiting then they should be hung from the gallows under the steeple!

Firstly I didn't miss the Clyde game and I will be back on Friday. Once upon a time I had to travel back back by tug boat to Abidjan then take 3 flights to get to Vaduz. So what I do midweek has nothing to do with my attendance. 

There are quite a significant number of Falkirk fans who work all over the planet and who can supply elaborate tales of what it took to get back for a game. I would imagine you are using it to demonstrate how fabulous you are.

I think you blew it completely when you claimed to have seen MC at the Raith game as he wasn’t there.

Lot to take in here the day.. Now just need to make a decision on who's talking out their arse and who's no.

I'll admit that I was one of the ones willing to welcome Mark Campbell with open arms when we originally heard about his takeover but seriously doubting it now, something has to have happened along the lines to cause this much of a delay and with Mark's constant "nearly there/final stages/a couple weeks away" pish that he is constantly spouting I've completely ran out of patience with it now. We're in an absolute nick on and off the pitch this season. 

I was willing to give McKinnon a chance this season to prove that he can organise a team to go out and win a game but that chance has come and passed now, only missed one game this season so far (Clyde, last weekend) and I am struggling to think of three games where we have gone out, dominated and entertained. I just go to games, stand either bored or pissed off for 90 minutes then go home. Even our fans are starting to get on ma tits now. We've seen Ray go from trying to shoehorn in all of his midfielders into a side to trying to shoehorn all his strikers in. Said it from the get go that we have got some good individual players in that squad, but it's the least balanced squad I've seen for a while. I'm not even entirely confident that we will go up straight away, unless we manage to bring in some real balance and quality in January which never seems to be possible. To top this all of if there is any truth in us needing to go part time next season is fucking brutal. Blasted through our money reserves within two seasons of constant appointments, sackings, terminations, the lot and all we've got to show for it is a broken, constantly disagreeing fanbase and a relegation.

Lot to take in here the day.. Now just need to make a decision on who's talking out their arse and who's no.
I'll admit that I was one of the ones willing to welcome Mark Campbell with open arms when we originally heard about his takeover but seriously doubting it now, something has to have happened along the lines to cause this much of a delay and with Mark's constant "nearly there/final stages/a couple weeks away" pish that he is constantly spouting I've completely ran out of patience with it now. We're in an absolute nick on and off the pitch this season. 
I was willing to give McKinnon a chance this season to prove that he can organise a team to go out and win a game but that chance has come and passed now, only missed one game this season so far (Clyde, last weekend) and I am struggling to think of three games where we have gone out, dominated and entertained. I just go to games, stand either bored or pissed off for 90 minutes then go home. Even our fans are starting to get on ma tits now. We've seen Ray go from trying to shoehorn in all of his midfielders into a side to trying to shoehorn all his strikers in. Said it from the get go that we have got some good individual players in that squad, but it's the least balanced squad I've seen for a while. I'm not even entirely confident that we will go up straight away, unless we manage to bring in some real balance and quality in January which never seems to be possible. To top this all of if there is any truth in us needing to go part time next season is fucking brutal. Blasted through our money reserves within two seasons of constant appointments, sackings, terminations, the lot and all we've got to show for it is a broken, constantly disagreeing fanbase and a relegation.

When I read the remark about the potential for going part time next season I took that as MC trying to put a wee bit of pressure on the MSG/BOD to hand him the keys to the Bairnabeu and bolt.

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Sounds like Ally has a few bob. He should consider investing.

Ally obviously blows it all on expensive designer drugs & copious amounts of alcohol though.

There hasn't been an out of the blue ridiculous post like his since EdiBairn came back as LondonBairn.

But even Edi (RIP) would not suggest Alex Rae , he had at least a tiny , tiny piece of credibility.  

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Sounds like Ally has a few bob. He should consider investing.

Well, he’s in Uruguay, maybe he’s starting a coffee business? Yea, it is inconvenient that it’s too cold to grow coffee there, but he’s probably got plenty of experience starting and running (into the ground) businesses. Half the fun of this long running drama is watching the sub-10 post accounts show up and pronounce the MSG as angels from heaven and Ray as a decent caretaker.

40 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

When I read the remark about the potential for going part time next season I took that as MC trying to put a wee bit of pressure on the MSG/BOD to hand him the keys to the Bairnabeu and bolt.

I thought that too. I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but we actually have pretty good crowds for a club in our situation. hopefully that's enough to keep us full time if we don't manage to go back up this year. Is it Raith who do that hybrid model with full time players supplemented by part timers?

Might sound daft but would it make financial sense to close the South Stand for a season if we stay down and have everyone in the Main Stand? Not sure how expensive it is to operate them on matchdays but if going part time is a possibility then i imagine everything has to be looked at.

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I thought that too. I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but we actually have pretty good crowds for a club in our situation. hopefully that's enough to keep us full time if we don't manage to go back up this year. Is it Raith who do that hybrid model with full time players supplemented by part timers?

Might sound daft but would it make financial sense to close the South Stand for a season if we stay down and have everyone in the Main Stand? Not sure how expensive it is to operate them on matchdays but if going part time is a possibility then i imagine everything has to be looked at.

We are losing money this season despite our crowds.  Rumour has it that we lost nearly £800,000 without the Vaulks cash last season, so we're definitely not in a fantastic position.

Just now, FFCinthearea said:

We are losing money this season despite our crowds.  Rumour has it that we lost nearly £800,000 without the Vaulks cash last season, so we're definitely not in a fantastic position.

I get that but I also imagine we're operating a squad on a championship budget. I think it's possible for a club our size to have a full time team if you budget properly.

That said, we've got a decent chunk of the squad on 2 year deals so if we're losing money now then it'll only get worse.

9 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Raith had smaller crowds, but even with 1000-1500 more at every game, that’s all of £360,000-540,000, all in, at £20 a game. So that’s the high end, before expenses for caring for the crowd, the stand and the concessions/kids in that number. The reality is that the club makes probably less than £200,000 extra for those crowds, and a full-time squad will drain more than that out, as Raith’s financials show. Let’s face it, SFL football is made profitable, when it is, by the league placement payments, unless you’re the Old Firm.

Falkirk has a real issue with financials if they don’t bump right back up, and the statement about part-time simply recognizes that, which is a “good” sign that someone is paying attention. Sticking one’s head in the sand and trying to stay pure full-time would be a huge mistake, unless a sugar daddy shows up...

We have around a full squad of players on 2yr contracts, so an agreement to terminate contracts or for us to do a Motherwell to get rid of them for next season if part time was a scenario for the future.

One thing to remember about the current owners is that they appointed our most expensive manager and gave him the nod to sign players on 2yr contracts after seeing McKinnon  fuk up with a budget that more than half the championship could only dream of and funnily its happening again only its 9 other clubs dreaming of having our budget.

As much as the  MC situation is softening the current feeling towards the current owners, I still wouldnt trust them to cross the road at a pelican crossing