The Falkirk FC Thread

This would be my personal team. And it’s mainly just to get rid of the players I hate seeing in a Falkirk shirt. 

GK. Robbie Mutch

RB. Gary Miller 

CB. Michael Doyle

CB. Lewis Toshney 

LB. Lewis Moore

RM. Robbie Leitch 

CM. Michael Tidser

CM. Marago Gomis

LM. Ross MacLean

ST. Declan McMannus

ST. Louis Longridge 

We are a 4-4-2 club. I think just go back to basics. Two up front. And that team gives it a bit of a freshen up. Durnan & Buch at CB are a train wreck. And I just cannot stand Paul Dixon. 

58 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I don't mind that team and it's possibly our strongest but I'd like to see.

Mitch/bell

Doyle.       Toshney.  Buch.       Dixon

Gomis

Tidser.          Telfer 

Longridge.                     McManus

Sammon

Still think Tidser and Telfer have much more to offer.

Put McMillan in for Sammon and I would go with that.

Buckled at the monstrosity in the post above. Ross MacLean, goodness gracious me.

13 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Think the first half was as much to do with Ray getting it right as McGlyn getting it wrong the difference was McGlynn or any other competent manager has a plan b when its clearly not working. McKinnon's plan b is to swap two strikers and lump hopeless high balls up to them, although for at least half the season high balls to have been plan A.

The other game I don't take to seriously as it was a challenge cup match and a good few players getting game time who haven't featured since or before.

McGlynn paid the price first half for not listening to his scout. He was told that Dixon was the weak link in our side and that Armstrong should be used to target that area but chose to ignore that advice till 45 mins into the game.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I don't mind that team and it's possibly our strongest but I'd like to see.

Mitch/bell

Doyle.       Toshney.  Buch.       Dixon

Gomis

Tidser.          Telfer 

Longridge.                     McManus

Sammon

Still think Tidser and Telfer have much more to offer.

I agree they ned to try something a bit different.  The old 4 4 2 hasn't worked when a team has stood up to us so its time to change the formation until we get some dross out in January and some fresh faces in.  Might even be worth looking at three at the back at some point.  No point in coming in and just doing the same thing Mckinnons been trying though.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Buckled at the monstrosity in the post above. Ross MacLean, goodness gracious me.

Well I’m better than Aiden Connolly. But I’m not registered. MacLean is. 

I think MacLean is woeful. But like I stated, the team I want is as much to get players out of the team I hate more. Charlie Telfer & Aiden Connolly can gtf. 

25 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

This would be my personal team. And it’s mainly just to get rid of the players I hate seeing in a Falkirk shirt. 

GK. Robbie Mutch

RB. Gary Miller 

CB. Michael Doyle

CB. Lewis Toshney 

LB. Lewis Moore

RM. Robbie Leitch 

CM. Michael Tidser

CM. Marago Gomis

LM. Ross MacLean

ST. Declan McMannus

ST. Louis Longridge 

We are a 4-4-2 club. I think just go back to basics. Two up front. And that team gives it a bit of a freshen up. Durnan & Buch at CB are a train wreck. And I just cannot stand Paul Dixon. 

That gives me the fear. Thank f**k you never got the job haha.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

No, just scroll back through both the game threads and this thread.

My book will be on Kindle only...

I was crazy enough to read some of your posts once, I'll pass on twice.

A free book on Kindle to conquer insomnia.....nice

Guest Ecosse83
20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Funny that you say that I was going to put Sammon/McMillan but I couldn't remember his bloomin name and couldn't be bothered to go and check. 🙈

Things must be grim if I'm struggling to remember some names 🤣

1 minute ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Literally said that already. 

Folk no understanding the overarching point yet again. 

We'll only know whether some of these guys are good enough when we have someone with half a clue managing them I'd say.  Sammon and Macmillan should be able to bang the goals in if you create chances for them . I still think our biggest mistake in the summer was signing a team of players used to playing at a higher level. You obviously need players of better quality but we also should've been targeting some of the better players in league one or that have recently been in league one.  Boys like Agnew at East Fife and Trouten at Alloa.  Guys that know all about league one.

We can slate players due to previous performances but it's a clean slate for all now. We also had a manager who had has no idea in how to attack, some gems revealed that we were doing 1 2s in training and surprised we were pish is now gone.

So hopefully M & M will either show an idea of how to attack or keep it simple like Alex Smith did last time, where he plugged the hole left back Gallacher, made us solid unit in the middle of the park and left the wide players to create. I can't see us experimenting much with the cup game but I've said this league for us is crying out for a 3-5-2 before a ball was kicked, I've not changed that opinion.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I still think our biggest mistake in the summer was signing a team of players used to playing at a higher level. You obviously need players of better quality but we also should've been targeting some of the better players in league one or that have recently been in league one.  Boys like Agnew at East Fife and Trouten at Alloa.  Guys that know all about league one.

Boys like Agnew and Trouten wouldn't go full time for a season, they are probably happy at their stage of their career to be part time with the full time job post football, we have no reserve squad, no academy to accommodate part time players so signing part time players was never gonna be something that would happen.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Boys like Agnew and Trouten wouldn't go full time for a season, they are probably happy at their stage of their career to be part time with the full time job post football, we have no reserve squad, no academy to accommodate part time players so signing part time players was never gonna be something that would happen.

No reason why we couldn't have had a part time/full time  reserve side this season.  Would cost you buttons to have a few guys as fillers along with the first team squad.

1 minute ago, BudBairn said:

How does DKD not have a club? I’d like to see him sign but will he be match fit.

Wish list for Jan would be Sibbald on loan, DKD, a left and a right back...

Empty all the players out of contract apart from Longridge!

Sibbald? Why the feck would he want to play in league one? I'm also sure his wages in the top flight even at Livi would be more than we can handle in league one.

Don't get the big unveiling of temp managers until you get a permanent one! As for MCcracken it seems as if he is on loan to Falkirk from Peterhead 😂 seaside league stuff right enough.... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

GK. Robbie Mutch
RB. Gary Miller 
CB. Michael Doyle
CB. Lewis Toshney 
LB. Lewis Moore
RM. Robbie Leitch 
CM. Michael Tidser
CM. Marago Gomis
LM. Ross MacLean
ST. Declan McMannus
ST. Louis Longridge 

That is dreadful

GK. Robbie Mutch
RB. Gary Miller 
CB. Michael Doyle
CB. Lewis Toshney 
LB. Lewis Moore
RM. Robbie Leitch 
CM. Michael Tidser
CM. Marago Gomis
LM. Ross MacLean
ST. Declan McMannus
ST. Louis Longridge 

That is dreadful