The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

we are basically starting again from rock bottom and he is open to any changes which can improve the club including installing some kind of youth system. John Park has offered to assist at no cost.

Hmmm...…I am very suspicious of this....could John Park be a MC Trojan Horse? Or should that be Trojan Unicorn.

Did he smell of coffee at all ? 

This might seem a bit out there but has anyone at the club ever thought of a clear the air meeting between fans and club, no f**ker is going to get attacked and at least this way both sides get the gripes out in the open cause as it stands there is not going to be any healing process until poorly worded statements are put behind us it would be nie to actually hear the statements as in type it can be taken 2 ways and not put across the way it was intended.
When Lang was chairman I had a meeting with her and Campbell and suggested this. They both agreed it was the way the go but when put to board others said it wasn't a good idea.

43 minutes ago, brokeville said:

You don’t have a clue what you’re taking about. You don’t know what I have done for the club. I have expressed my opinion on last night meeting as everyone is entitled to do.

Well you are wrong there I do have a clue as we have been hearing the same p1sh for years now. I don't really care what you have done for the club too many people now coming out with this sort of thing.  I have also done some work at the club in my time but that doesn't give me the right to come on here and act superior to those that either couldn't attend the AGM or don't have shares to do so. If you are happy to lap up the usual crap they have spouted then fair play to you. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the correct translation.

Its easy to want to draw a line under it when you are the one thats repeatedly made a c**t of it.

The problem is, wherever we draw a line, these c***s will drag the club and everyone associated below it again shortly thereafter.

They have some fucking audacity playing that card, but then we knew that already. We are heading into a period now where good enough for these clowns will be promotion back to the Championship and becoming mid table dross there. There is no mid term route back to the Premiership for this club. We are too far gone now.

Serious comment.

If what you say is anywhere near correct it looks like the club could implode.

Surely the BoD have to see that the way forward is together?

Can only sympathize as we ,RRFC, have had our own problems in the past.

It seems FFC Board ARE continuing to take their eyes "off the ball"" 

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Unfortunately I couldn’t make last nights meeting.

Reading the feedback and talking to one or two who were there it does seems by and large Gary Deans came over fairly well most of the time.

However a plea to bring the club together followed by having a pop at supporters shows a lack of awareness IMO.

Since last night across all SM platforms all I see is talk of increased protests starting at Montrose because of the comments. Opportunity to start the healing process could be lost if this happens.

I wasn't at the meeting either as I'm not a shareholder, therefore I don't feel qualified to comment on the remarks made by Deans on the fans. I agree however that the comments made were possibly ill-advised (depending on context) and an opportunity missed to get supporters more onside. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure that his 'drawing a line' comment would have been made with the best intentions and maybe his attempt to move things on in a positive way.

I also agree that protests at Montrose would, at this point, be completely counter productive to what we're all trying to achieve, i.e. ownership change. We need a steadying hand in the boardroom at the moment so I think we've got to give this guy a chance. 

We apparently have two parties who are still interested in buying the club, so I think we've got to explore methods of encouraging the MSG to open negotiations with them. I don't think SA will let the club die (if for no other reason that he'd lose his £70k rent) but we can't go on racking up debt that we can't afford. As far as I know, the man has never sat on the board and, personally, I don't remember any comment ever being made by him on the running of the club. Maybe he could start to heal the rift by doing exactly that?

It certainly reads as incredibly patronising behaviour from our new Chairman.
Question to those that were actually there is whether that’s the way it felt or just the way it’s coming across when written down?

Things written down always appear more dramatic. You miss the nuances of speech and tones of voice.

I’d never seen him before. He admitted at the start that he was very nervous by taking over the job but came across as the evening went on as capable and realistic of our position.

The general feeling of many at the end was that we were happier when we left than when we arrived.

19 minutes ago, bairnsaloud said:

Things written down always appear more dramatic. You miss the nuances of speech and tones of voice.

I’d never seen him before. He admitted at the start that he was very nervous by taking over the job but came across as the evening went on as capable and realistic of our position.

The general feeling of many at the end was that we were happier when we left than when we arrived.

But surely, its not fcking rocket science when dealing with football fans, in the situation the club are in and have been for sometime, he could have missed the part out about fans behaviour being unacceptable? Accepted the club needs improving at boardroom level and admit the problems and look to the future without mentioning the fans perceived issues    The only outcome of saying something like that would be to further twist the knife in and make things worse.   Deans would have been much better not saying f-all about it and moving on.  Its like that classic childish thing in an argument when you agree to disagree then someone has to get the final word in...just then stirs up everything again.  I just dont see what he had to gain by saying it or how he thought it wouldnt get the reaction it has done.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:
This might seem a bit out there but has anyone at the club ever thought of a clear the air meeting between fans and club, no f**ker is going to get attacked and at least this way both sides get the gripes out in the open cause as it stands there is not going to be any healing process until poorly worded statements are put behind us it would be nie to actually hear the statements as in type it can be taken 2 ways and not put across the way it was intended.

When Lang was chairman I had a meeting with her and Campbell and suggested this. They both agreed it was the way the go but when put to board others said it wasn't a good idea.

The problem with that it is further strengthens the division its not as if they are going to get attacked all it is doing is putting a point across and hearing the response of at least getting frustrations out the way.

What is it exactly that he found unacceptable anyway? Protesting about a club that were challenging for Top 6 in the SPL a decade ago getting relegated to the third tier?

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I think its went too far, even in the case within the board it seems never mind board and fans.

Only resolution now is them selling up or worst scenario a financial meltdown

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What is it exactly that he found unacceptable anyway? Protesting about a club that were challenging for Top 6 in the SPL a decade ago getting relegated to the third tier?

I believe it was personal abuse towards some of the BoD during the Dumbarton game