The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

True story today - I was in Curry’s in the retail park and saw Gregor Buchanan with his young family. 5 minutes later - I see Lex Miller in TX Maxx. I then see them bump into each other. I have to go up and hear a snippet of their conversation but not too close and just a wee 30 secs or so. The only thing I caught, apart from one woman saying “the worlds gone mad” is Miller saying twice “I’ll have to cancel your contract”,  in jest, kind of, and Buchanan sheepishly tapping him on the arm. The main reason me writing about this, other than me being in the right place at the right time, is that Miller did appear to be a bit of a fud!

In all fairness i think most folk know that Miller is a bit of a fud uncertain times but to joke about shit like that especially when he has a family to support just isnt funny. There are going to be a lot of folk with the same concerns.

12 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

He’d be getting the bullet anyway, he’s awful.

He may well be awful, but he’s given nothing but 100% since he’s been at the club and his attitude is exemplary. Doesn’t mean he should be at the club, but flippant remarks about him losing his job is poor 

True story today - I was in Curry’s in the retail park and saw Gregor Buchanan with his young family. 5 minutes later - I see Lex Miller in TX Maxx. I then see them bump into each other. I have to go up and hear a snippet of their conversation but not too close and just a wee 30 secs or so. The only thing I caught, apart from one woman saying “the worlds gone mad” is Miller saying twice “I’ll have to cancel your contract”,  in jest, kind of, and Buchanan sheepishly tapping him on the arm. The main reason me writing about this, other than me being in the right place at the right time, is that Miller did appear to be a bit of a fud!

Misread that and thought it was Lee Miller, I’m blaming the self isolation whisky. This sounds absolutely likely considering it’s Lex.

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

Misread that and thought it was Lee Miller, I’m blaming the self isolation whisky. This sounds absolutely likely considering it’s Lex.

Jesus so did I. What a wanky thing to do. Shouldn’t be anywhere near our club

7 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Reason the council would sell is they are up the shitter they have sold off land in kemper avenue to lidl for 400k, they have sold off an area of Bantaskin estate for 28k, they are trying to get rid of properties they own to reduce maintenance costs and any overheads they have. It's one less thing they have to maintain and pay money to. Like i say if we had the people at the club willing to stump up the cash we could own the place outright but they neither have the will or the desire to.  This is the right time but we dont have those kind of people at the club.

Both those pieces of land would have been sitting on their books making little or no money for them.

The Falkirk Stadium on the other hand as we know is a nice little earner for the council.

20 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Both those pieces of land would have been sitting on their books making little or no money for them.

The Falkirk Stadium on the other hand as we know is a nice little earner for the council.

Did you notice the little item tucked away on page 7 of the 2019 Financial Report? FFC paid South Stand Development Company (Sandy Alexander) £75,000 in rent in 2018 and 2019, but now shows owing SSDC £22,500 at the end of 2019 versus nil in the 2018 report. Does anyone know what the club pays Falkirk Council in rent? The Council’s investment in TFS is technically at least £4M, as of 2008, so it wouldn’t be an easy sum to raise to buy them out.

4 hours ago, Trump said:

i did the same 

14 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Particks Britton on bleeding about the club going under due to the horrible situation, don’t worry son ex Partick MD is now Scotland’s top chief, just in case you’re not aware, just a pity there’s no flights out the UK, you could have been relaxing by a pool with a nice cocktail.

The drop in pie sales since the fat lottery winner karked it must really be hitting them hard.

Are you suggesting that all 5.5m of us just sit in the house for the next 12 weeks?  
That's the thickest thing I've read in a long time.
If you're not over 70, and dont have any underlying health issues then you'll more than likely be fine if you get it.  Just stay away from anyone that falls within the 'high risk' bracket.

I am under 70.

I have never spent a night in hospital until this week.

I have contracted COVID 19 and I am in a high dependancy unit in hospital.

This is not agist this diseases.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

Horrible to hear BPM.

Wishing for a speedy recovery.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

How are you feeling?

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

And this is the exact reason this seemingly insane closedown is needed across the world. In my area we have 2.1 million people and less than 400 intensive care hospital beds. By slowing the spread, we can, hopefully, reduce the load on the health care system. Now we need the authorities to get the thumb out and pour some money down to people and organizations to stop this from going catastrophic. This is a essential government function, to adjust the system to keep it functional, by doing things like freezing bills, offering payments, printing money. Is it great to need this, no...is saving people from becoming homeless or allowing people to eat a good thing, of course. Why not offer businesses close by these rules a stipend, and a large enough one to allow them to also pay their staff as if they had stayed open, heck, even at 75% would be huge.

Edited by TxRover

I am under 70.

Was a bit taken aback by that.
Hope this bring it home to others on here.
Get well soon BPM mate.....

Offering businesses money to cover the shortfall is not the solution, deferring household bills for a few months would probably help. 

Onto the stadium, it would appear that the stadium is worth £4.68m, however there is a floating charge of £6,233,670 in the form of a council loan (this doesn't seem to be have been paid down in 2018 or 2019 so I would take this as an interest free loan that the council are not chasing).