The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

The huge variable in this matter is the possible long-term damage that COVID-19 May cause to the body. More and more body systems are being shown to be impacted by this virus, and long-term damage to respiratory, endocrine, kidney, liver and heart systems cannot be ruled out. This disease is inflammatory in nature, much like Diabetes, and that causes no end to long-term health threats.

As for clubs strengths, I sincerely doubt any club outside the Premiership has anything near the necessary resources to withstand an extended shutdown, and even most those clubs will be, at best, severely tested.

I suspect the need for revenue sharing to strengthen the game is underestimated. 12 teams consuming 80%+ of revenues for the SPFL, and no gate sharing, has doomed fitba. Even a small (10-20%) share of gate revenue to the visiting team would significantly improve the financials for many smaller clubs, but there are other schemes that could reward big clubs. Imagine that net gate revenue above the home club average is split 60/40 with the visiting club, for instance. That effectively rewards bigger teams traveling support. The open question would be what would it take for the top level clubs to agree to sharing any gate revenues?

The stark reality is that this virus will be around for a long time and we have to learn to live with it.

Social distancing and personal hygiene measures are the way ahead for years to come 

Everyone has to come out of their bunkers at some point or do you prefer we hide under our beds indefinitely for fear of what might happen or might be the case. When the UK Gov can no longer afford to continue their furlough scheme what then?   

BTW I am not advocating an end to all lockdown restrictions right at this moment. I think the plans for a phased  exit is about right in Scotland.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

God knows that the stats are important, not the lives? Please, Sir, define the following:

”minimal risk”, “risk, but not enough to stop professional sport”, “by and large”

I ask simply because you wish to impose your values on a country and a sport, but give none of the stats you ask us to check. Is minimal risk one in ten thousand? How many grandparents do we have to kill to restart professional sports? Does by and large mean that your child has only a one in a hundred thousand chance of death, and are you willing to expose them to that chance when you can wait and be safer?

Remember, we know very little about the long-term prognosis for this disease. We are now seeing a rapid increase in children severely impacted by the ongoing effects of the virus, so any judgement we make now is only valid for currently known factors, and ignore future risks. 

God you're wasted on here, you really should be a headline writer for an English tabloid.

6 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes let's let the club die because we don't like the board. 

Idiot!

Liquidation is obviously different to administration which would be the first step.

One possible scenario is a cash starved Falkirk goes into administration , a buyer is sought. Enter the fans group to buy up the club.

The MSG would not be pissing themselves then, they'd be out on their arses and a lot of people would be happy about that. 

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The stark reality is that this virus will be around for a long time and we have to learn to live with it.

Social distancing and personal hygiene measures are the way ahead for years to come 

Everyone has to come out of their bunkers at some point or do you prefer we hide under our beds indefinitely for fear of what might happen or might be the case. When the UK Gov can no longer afford to continue their furlough scheme what then?   

BTW I am not advocating an end to all lockdown restrictions right at this moment. I think the plans for a phased  exit is about right in Scotland.

Absolutely agree about learning, but doing so by relaxing restrictions while cases are climbing is stupid...as a number of U.S. states are about to find out. It is borderline amusing that after yelling about China not properly revealing true number on virus cases, now Republican U.S. Governors are following the same playbook. In Florida, the Governor ordered that the Health Department stop releasing detailed virus numbers...in Nebraska, the Governor has stopped releasing data detailing the number of cases at each meatpacking plant, the locations where the majority of a rapidly rising number of cases is centered.

Our President is busy trying to undermine the death totals, despite scientists with clear indication that’s the numbers are actually too low, not too high. The U.S. lags badly in tests, and isn’t yet dropping in new cases, but is moving forward with reopening against the guidelines the Presidents own advisors created. At least in Scotland you seem to have a reasonably good handle on controlling the spread of cases, and a population that isn’t too dumb to understand the need to wear masks to help protect other people.

Just as a matter of interest, any attacks on personnel asking people to wear masks in Scotland? They are increasingly common here.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

At least in Scotland you seem to have a reasonably good handle on controlling the spread of cases, and a population that isn’t too dumb to understand the need to wear masks to help protect other people.

Just as a matter of interest, any attacks on personnel asking people to wear masks in Scotland? They are increasingly common here.

Hahaha - thick c***s in Scotland burn down 5G phone masts instead 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fire-attacks-scottish-phone-masts-21959170

Or organise protests against being considerate in a pandemic

HeraldScotland:

Anti-lockdown protests planned in Glasgow and Edinburgh as police issue strong warning against attending

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18447264.coronavirus-scotland-anti-lockdown-protests-planned-glasgow-edinburgh-police-issue-strong-warning-attending/

Edited by NewBornBairn

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Well anyone looking for Dawson Park Boy on Saturday will know where to go.

16 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

If it wasnt for the effect on the nhs I'd say the Police should let this go ahead. Hopefully wipe a whole load of complete arseholes off the planet in one go.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

With all respect can we get back to football discussions, it’s bad enough turning on the TV to be brainwashed with Covid, thanks 

This. I come in this thread to get away from COVID for a bit.

Anyway, I think our BOD should consider going PT for a season to survive. I count 10 players under contract for 2020/21

Mutch, Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan, Dixon, Connolly, Gomis, Telfer, Laverty and Todd.

Let’s let the rest walk and bring in some cheap PT options to keep costs low while all the other league 1 clubs go bust and then hopefully we can walk the league in 2021/22.

22 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The 2019/20 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Peter Davidson (Montrose).

Very interesting line up, with Rangers being represented, would have thought to evenly balance we would have Celtic, thus ensuring all the conspiracies are null & void ? Thoughts ?

I may be way of the mark but are some if not all these positions up for re-election in a few months?

If so,opportunity for clubs that want change 

18 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Going with Gary Deans recent interview, it would be logical to consider PT, however have this horrid worried feeling that even PT football maybe not feasible, and that we may only keep the management and a few players.

Even more reason then to keep the Navy Blue Pound in Falkirk, no?

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think most of us agree with you on this point mate.

It was classing as a ‘boycott’ that wasn’t correct.

We are spending our money looking after our own club.

As long a you "looking after our own club" and me and others  "boycotting other clubs" ends up with no Falkirk fans money going to the likes of Clyde, Forfar and Montrose then I can live with that. 

43 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

As long a you "looking after our own club" and me and others  "boycotting other clubs" ends up with no Falkirk fans money going to the likes of Clyde, Forfar and Montrose then I can live with that. 

Well as neither of us are going to Clyde, Forfar or Montrose  I’m sure it will.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If it wasnt for the effect on the nhs I'd say the Police should let this go ahead. Hopefully wipe a whole load of complete arseholes off the planet in one go.

Could have been a reasonable idea if it wasn't for two things; I wouldn't want anybody to die, no matter how misguided, stupid or uncaring they are and, if it does go ahead, then I'm afraid the attendees are going to potentially infect thousands more with the inevitable deaths that would follow.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This is literally a boycott and the exact same “you sink us and we’ll sink you” garbage Rangers fans spout. I’ll be having no part in it. 

Every single club voted with self interest. If roles with Raith were reversed we would’ve voted exactly how they did. 

5 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

This is literally a boycott and the exact same “you sink us and we’ll sink you” garbage Rangers fans spout. I’ll be having no part in it. 

Every single club voted with self interest. If roles with Raith were reversed we would’ve voted exactly how they did. 

That's entirely up to you, of course.

I would suggest that you get some of this for when when you get a red hot Forfar boaby rammed right up your arse.

Durex K-Y Jelly Personal Lubricant (100g) | Shopee Malaysia