The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bglongmx said:

To be fair his dad died around the time and he found himself signed as a left-back by our genius of a former manager whereas he'd always been a winger other than one sub appearance.

Yeah the left back stuff was an absolute shambles especially considering he's right footed. But whenever he came on even as a winger he wasn't good at all.

It certainly seems that the ones we have retained are going to be no more than back up all Sammon, Telfer to name but 2 all we need now is another CD to keep Durnan out the team and jobs a good un

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

The failed Brown transfer tells me he either wanted more than we were willing to pay, or another target become available. 

Considering the article on Peterhead's website said we never followed our interest up makes me think it's the latter. Come home Alston(yes i'm of the mindset that the more I say it the more likely it is to happen)

1 hour ago, Bglongmx said:

To be fair his dad died around the time and he found himself signed as a left-back by our genius of a former manager whereas he'd always been a winger other than one sub appearance.

Even when he was playing for hearts he looked shit. No idea why they are keeping him on.

15 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

The failed Brown transfer tells me he either wanted more than we were willing to pay, or another target become available. 

Pars supporter posted on here saying he wanted more money than they could offer as he has a good job outside football, wouldnt have been made sense for him to go full time to lose money.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Pars supporter posted on here saying he wanted more money than they could offer as he has a good job outside football, wouldnt have been made sense for him to go full time to lose money.

Yeah its all about getting the best bang for your bucks at the end of the day. If he's on decent money m and m may feel that they can use that amount of cash better.

5 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Alston talks continue

I really think this is the key signing, Just got that bit of magic we're missing.

Sadly think he's too good for this level (Joe McKee got the most assists last year) and someone else will nab him.

Edited by ilostmyself

Alston's the box to box midfielder with a bit of creativity that we've been pining for on here but I also think he'll be beyond us as surely someone can pay him more than what we can right now and in a better league. Hopefully we've got a few other options up our sleeve if someone does sign him. As we need someone in the middle who's going to drive us up the park. Wonder how Jonny Mitchell has developed down at Brentford as he could be the answer to our centre back cover and he did used to play right back as well. Local lad and M&M i'd imagine are well aware of him from their previous stint at the club.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, Con Stapleton said:

Going out on a limb here.. I like Durnan.

There. I've said it. I like Durnan.

Durnan is ok only if he doesn't have to think about it. Boot and header it in no particular direction he's fine with. Anything else forget it. 

4 minutes ago, Con Stapleton said:

Going out on a limb here.. I like Durnan.

There. I've said it. I like Durnan.

wash your mouth out with soap and go to the corner to think about what you just said ..lol

Morrison will smash it for use, looked good for us and was just getting a good run in our team before the shutdown, he will run up and down that wing all day long for use, has a great engine and will give 100%, a decent run in your team during the betfred will be great for him.