The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think we'll go 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 in some games with Keena or Dowds dropping to the bench. 

I just hope we avoid flipping between the 2 regularly. I'd rather we choose a formation and stick with it for a run of games. I think 4-2-3-1 would probably be good with Connolly / Morrison the wider players in the 3.

2 minutes ago, Bglongmx said:

I just hope we avoid flipping between the 2 regularly. I'd rather we choose a formation and stick with it for a run of games. I think 4-2-3-1 would probably be good with Connolly / Morrison the wider players in the 3.

Need to have a plan A, B and sometimes C though as otherwise teams will suss you out early on. Keena and Dowds have been signed as starters so i'd Imagine 4-4-2 will be our plan A. 4-2-3-1 the plan B for some games that will maybe be a bit trickier than others. God knows what our plan C is last year it was chucking Lee Miller on.

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think we'll go 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 in some games with Keena or Dowds dropping to the bench. Most teams will play with 5 in midfield against us so I doubt we'll be playing a diamond as we'd get overun in there but Blair will be expected to get forward more with Miller covering. We now have 9 midfielders on the books. Telfer, Todd, Laverty, Leitch, Gomis, Morrison, Alston, Miller and Connolly.

Leitch is down as a forward.  

As if stands I think we have the strongest squad in the league. Needed goals from midfield and someone who can produce a "moment" to win close games from nothing and I think we get both of that with Alston.

Would like to see a centre back at a minimum to strengthen further but been really pleased with the last few signings.

Is Lex Miller the third biggest shareholder?

No he is about 6th or 7th

1. Sandy Alexander

2.Martin Ritchie

3. William Moffat

4. Douglas McIntyre

5. Colin Liddell

6. Paul Healy

7. Lex Miller

8. Willie Jones

9. Falkirk Supporters Society

10. Graeme Crawford

I may have 3-6 in the wrong order as they all have similar numbers c200,000. Miller has under 130,000 not many more than Willie Jones

32 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Think we'll play with a midfield diamond and a front two. Depth we've got competing for the midfield 4 is ridiculous though; assuming we go Miller, Morrison, Connolly, Alston then we've got Gomis, Todd and Telfer on the bench

Could really have done without telfer and instead had another option with pace out wide.

Guaranteed if we go up this season Buchanan will score a header against us from a Joe Mckee set piece next season.

After a year watching that useless c**t missing simple headers every other game I think he’s just incapable of directing a header properly.

An option for the back up keeper could be Rohan Ferguson as he was released from Motherwell this summer. Not seen any of him lately but he was highly rated at Airdrie as a youngster and he's relatively local as he hails from Bathgate. Still only 22 as well so would fit the mould of signings we've been making.
Edited to add: Scrap that completely, just watched a few highlights from Linfield games last season and he's not the answer. 

Not highly rated by all . Came in at a young age and played every game but ultimately cost us stupid goals and points. You could probably get a better back up

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Need to have a plan A, B and sometimes C though as otherwise teams will suss you out early on. Keena and Dowds have been signed as starters so i'd Imagine 4-4-2 will be our plan A. 4-2-3-1 the plan B for some games that will maybe be a bit trickier than others. God knows what our plan C is last year it was chucking Lee Miller on.

Don't disagree with having a plan B and I wasn't really suggested we shouldn't. But nearly every successful team I can remember has a set way of playing which they start 90% of games with and this is the approach I'd like to take rather than 4-4-2 one game, 4-2-3-1 next, etc.

1 minute ago, Bglongmx said:

Don't disagree with having a plan B and I wasn't really suggested we shouldn't. But nearly every successful team I can remember has a set way of playing which they start 90% of games with and this is the approach I'd like to take rather than 4-4-2 one game, 4-2-3-1 next, etc.

That used to be the way teams played but most top sides these days rarely play the same team two weeks in a row.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

An option for the back up keeper could be Rohan Ferguson as he was released from Motherwell this summer. Not seen any of him lately but he was highly rated at Airdrie as a youngster and he's relatively local as he hails from Bathgate. Still only 22 as well so would fit the mould of signings we've been making.

Edited to add: Scrap that completely, just watched a few highlights from Linfield games last season and he's not the answer. 

He's on trial with you apparently.