The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He'd be a useful member of the squad if they could get him motivated though.  Time he realised if he wants to prolong his career he needs to get his finger out.

I keep hearing this get him motivated. That's utter nonsense if you ask me he should be motivated every time he pulls on the jersey. The bloke has played at the top level in England and is an Irish International who played under Trappatoni. He's a lazy big lump who can't be arsed and is happy seeing what's left of his career go down the pan. 

2 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

It’s hardly worth arguing about. Anyone who knows him will confirm he supports Dunfermline. The only important fact is he plays for us.

All of his family are Pars fans I believe but not heard if he does.

Probably kept it quiet due to the way his career has panned out. Quite often players have a team growing up and that changes based on what teams they end up playing for. 

Edited by Chubbychops

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In the case of Telfer, I can't us announcing a new contract for him on 20th July and then deciding to try and get rid of him less than a month later. He's clearly wanted by M&M. 

Sammon is in the second year of his previous deal so it's unknown whether he's rated or not. If not, then it would depend on what else was out there for him. I believe a large part of the reason he came to us was geographical, as he lives in Larbert. He may prefer to stay and fight for his place even he's no longer a first pick. 

If the season was about to start I'd certainly agree, however, I wonder if it was a bit of a panic signing as they didn't know who they were going to get in at that point? Having now signed Morrison and Alston they may feel that they've got a bit of leeway in trying to move Telfer on?

I'm just speculating of course and, being in and around the club regularly, I'm sure you'll have a better idea than me.

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

All of his family are Pars fans I believe but not heard if he does.

Probably kept it quiet due to the way his career has panned out. Quite often players have a team growing up and that changes based on what teams they end up playing for. 

Don’t know why it matters anyway as long as they do the absolute best they can playing for us. I know Scott Mercer is a massive pars fan, always has been but as long as he puts in a shift at RB I don’t give a f**k tbh. 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No he is about 6th or 7th

1. Sandy Alexander

2.Martin Ritchie

3. William Moffat

4. Douglas McIntyre

5. Colin Liddell

6. Paul Healy

7. Lex Miller

8. Willie Jones

9. Falkirk Supporters Society

10. Graeme Crawford

I may have 3-6 in the wrong order as they all have similar numbers c200,000. Miller has under 130,000 not many more than Willie Jones

Screenshot_20200604-211525.thumb.png.71d74f6596774a390058beea995d06d1.png

This was posted last year.

Not saying it's correct 

Blair is a great signing for us, I'm very happy to see his return and hope he can recreate his many former glories.

Credit to all at Falkirk for making this happen , although I think the pandemic has played a part too.    

The team is looking very promising now , the biggest challenge now for us and the rest of the league is getting the season started.

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

A lot of signings are a risk, but someone with a bit of football knowledge on the board would have known that his heart isn't in it anymore, that was a f*ck up and another waste of our money, admittedly not in the scale of the others, but a f*ck up all the same.

Which brings us back to the "oversight" debate that Duncan Freemason and I disagreed on after it became obvious that Hartley's summer recruitment had failed. 

As a general rule outwith Hearts, managers at our level in Scotland have always had complete control over who they bring in. If you give the board a right to veto an incoming transfer on anything other than budgetary reasons than you open up a whole can of worms. 

If he the rumours are correct, would Alan Gow have enough football expertise to overrule the recruitment wishes of M&M? Or Lex Miller to overrule Paul Hartley because Lex played for Sauchie and has a few shares? 

I'm still of the opinion that BODs should recruit a manager, give him a budget and let him get on with it. And then fire him if he fails. 

The idea of someone like Doug Henderson deciding on recruitment fills me with horror. 

I'm very confident we will play Infront of a crowd this year but I'm also certain it won't be 100% and this gives problems at the smaller away venues.

Can see us getting some very small allocations especially at Dumbarton and East Fife if the curfew isn't lifted

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm very confident we will play Infront of a crowd this year but I'm also certain it won't be 100% and this gives problems at the smaller away venues.

Can see us getting some very small allocations especially at Dumbarton and East Fife if the curfew isn't lifted

I'm not even sure the bottom 3 league's will start. They twats that run the game might not want to chance anything happening to their coveted sky deal!

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I was confident, and indeed have seen it first hand at stadiums in Australia. However after the roaring mess Scottish football has made of just the start I am now not very confident of ScotGov allowing it to happen this year.

I'm pretty certain though if and when crowds do return there will be a blanket ban on away fans. 

It won’t matter there is a massive boycott planned you know

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I highly doubt Nicola Sturgeon is even close to being in a position to allow away fans to travel in numbers across country. Can see it being home fans only at the majority, if not all games for the foreseeable future.

11 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Tis/was on the Record website.

Just to add to this, was in yesterday's paper.

FALKIRK are trying to convince Blair Alston to return to the club.

The midfielder is a free agent after leaving Hamilton in the summer.

Alston came through the ranks at Falkirk before he moved to St Johnstone in 2016.

The Bairns are also set to run the rule over former Motherwell goalkeeper Rohan Ferguson. 

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Which brings us back to the "oversight" debate that Duncan Freemason and I disagreed on after it became obvious that Hartley's summer recruitment had failed. 

As a general rule outwith Hearts, managers at our level in Scotland have always had complete control over who they bring in. If you give the board a right to veto an incoming transfer on anything other than budgetary reasons than you open up a whole can of worms. 

If he the rumours are correct, would Alan Gow have enough football expertise to overrule the recruitment wishes of M&M? Or Lex Miller to overrule Paul Hartley because Lex played for Sauchie and has a few shares? 

I'm still of the opinion that BODs should recruit a manager, give him a budget and let him get on with it. And then fire him if he fails. 

The idea of someone like Doug Henderson deciding on recruitment fills me with horror. 

Is that not what a director of football is for.  He is the link between the bod and the manager and helps the bod when it comes to appointing said manager. Problem is we have had no football knowledge on the bod for far too long. There needs to be some sort of football brain on the bod or you end up appointing one wrong manager after another and signing one shit player after another. The current bod has talked about getting more football knowledge on board for years now but like many of their ideas its never come to anything.