The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That used to be the way teams played but most top sides these days rarely play the same team two weeks in a row.

Cough.....we are in the 3rd tier. If we can't play all our games in the same way bar Partick with our budget then we should pack it in now....

I actually hope we revert to 3-5-2 in some of our home games and possibly away also.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the pressure's off a bit now regarding new signings as we seem to have a 1st 11 sorted.

I wonder if that may encourage them to try to move the likes of Telfer and Sammon on (perhaps to Ray's QP revolution, considering he seems to rate them) and maybe put Leitch and Sneddon out on loan? That would give them the room to bring another few in toward the end of the window when there may be some better quality available. 

As mentioned by bainsford bairn, Sammon was out our hands but Telfer was the managements choice to remain. It's a fresh start for him, hopefully we can see more this season with him, serious competition hopefully will see him swim rather than sink. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Lads, we’ve just made a fantastic signing and rumours are rife that our sexiest ever player is preparing to buy out Lex the plumber yet people want to complain about Charlie Telfer 🤷🏼‍♂️. Have a beer and enjoy today 🙌🏻

I agree.  This should be a non-moaning zone at least for a day.  Not that many days do we get a great player back.  Enjoy.

Guest Ecosse83

Really liking the balance in the team now. Good old fashioned 442 set up with the possibility of 4231 away from home in the tougher games. 

Really looking forward to seeing how this team looks on the park!

Edited by Ecosse83

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No he is about 6th or 7th

1. Sandy Alexander

2.Martin Ritchie

3. William Moffat

4. Douglas McIntyre

5. Colin Liddell

6. Paul Healy

7. Lex Miller

8. Willie Jones

9. Falkirk Supporters Society

10. Graeme Crawford

I may have 3-6 in the wrong order as they all have similar numbers c200,000. Miller has under 130,000 not many more than Willie Jones

Get rid of 2,5 & 7 and it will be a start for me.

2 hours ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

This is honestly the happiest I’ll ever be to sign a Dunfermline fan. He may be Pars crazy on the terraces but he’s a Bairn on the pitch. Yaaaaaaassssss!

Really?

He wouldn't be in the Falkirk end at EEP if he was that devoted to them would he, I know I wouldn't if it was reversed.

Lads, we’ve just made a fantastic signing and rumours are rife that our sexiest ever player is preparing to buy out Lex the plumber yet people want to complain about Charlie Telfer 🤷🏼‍♂️. Have a beer and enjoy today [emoji1316]

Now I’m as delighted that the crooked b*****d Miller is away as everyone else but Gowser sexier than BSLM? That’s an outrageous claim imo.

10 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Really?

He wouldn't be in the Falkirk end at EEP if he was that devoted to them would he, I know I wouldn't if it was reversed.

It’s hardly worth arguing about. Anyone who knows him will confirm he supports Dunfermline. The only important fact is he plays for us.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

No chance of moving Telfer on sadly or they wouldn't have resigned him. They obviously see something in him the rest of us don't.

I think Sammon would be away already if he didn't have a year left. I think he knows his career is almost done. And hes fourth choice. 

It's obvious Sammon isn't wanted by the management team, all the signs were there, but would you go if you had money being paid to you that you can't get elsewhere?

A lot of signings are a risk, but someone with a bit of football knowledge on the board would have known that his heart isn't in it anymore, that was a f*ck up and another waste of our money, admittedly not in the scale of the others, but a f*ck up all the same.

Telfer was/is a risk worth taking IMO, you don't make money out of loan signings, he has it, he's just not shown it for us unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, Russ said:

Superfan can get himself to f**k as well.

I don't know him personally, but we all know he's a Falkirk fan and the others aren't, so I'm guessing they are in it for different reasons, so I would start with them first if I had a choice and take it from there, unless someone tells me differently?

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

28 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

It's obvious Sammon isn't wanted by the management team, all the signs were there, but would you go if you had money being paid to you that you can't get elsewhere?

A lot of signings are a risk, but someone with a bit of football knowledge on the board would have known that his heart isn't in it anymore, that was a f*ck up and another waste of our money, admittedly not in the scale of the others, but a f*ck up all the same.

Telfer was/is a risk worth taking IMO, you don't make money out of loan signings, he has it, he's just not shown it for us unfortunately.

He'd be a useful member of the squad if they could get him motivated though.  Time he realised if he wants to prolong his career he needs to get his finger out.

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

His brother is in and out the jail that's why he end up going to Linfield to try n get away from it all. 

I watched a few of Linfields highlights from games last season seemed to be every goal conceded was a set piece floated in on top of him as he looks too small to command his area. 

Has anybody heard any rumours about who the centre back could be? The only one I remember being mentioned on here was Devine but thankfully it's not him.

Edited by FFC 1876