The Falkirk FC Thread

We've finally got two pacey direct wingers on either side and what looks to be a very exciting front two partnership. Should get goals from midfield as well with Alston as he's very good at making late runs into the box. Miller gives you the cover in centre mid if one of the full backs decide to go galloping up the park and he's very good at letting everyone know what they should be doing. Looks like it'll just be a back up goalkeeper and a back up centre back to come in but hopefully we get lucky and Queens Park fancy taking Sammon off our hands which would allow us to bring in another striker for competition. 

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We've finally got two pacey direct wingers on either side and what looks to be a very exciting front two partnership. Should get goals from midfield as well with Alston as he's very good at making late runs into the box. Miller gives you the cover in centre mid if one of the full backs decide to go galloping up the park and he's very good at letting everyone know what they should be doing. Looks like it'll just be a back up goalkeeper and a back up centre back to come in but hopefully we get lucky and Queens Park fancy taking Sammon off our hands which would allow us to bring in another striker for competition. 

Not sure id call connolly pacey mind you.

Guest Ecosse83

I want us to bring in a centre half who will start and leave Hall and Durnan fighting for the other spot. 

Would love a Darren Dods type defender!

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I want us to bring in a centre half who will start and leave Hall and Durnan fighting for the other spot. 

Would love a Darren Dods type defender!

Durnan's supposed to be our Darren Dods defender, he can't play football but if you just let him do the basics and tell him to stop thinking he can play football he's ok.

I want a Gerard Aafjes, somebody who strolls games, never looks panicked and can play a bit.

Edited by FFC 1876

An option for the back up keeper could be Rohan Ferguson as he was released from Motherwell this summer. Not seen any of him lately but he was highly rated at Airdrie as a youngster and he's relatively local as he hails from Bathgate. Still only 22 as well so would fit the mould of signings we've been making.

Edited to add: Scrap that completely, just watched a few highlights from Linfield games last season and he's not the answer. 

Edited by FFC 1876

A midfield/forward line which includes Alston, Keena and Morrison is an exciting proposition - there could be a few spectacular goals ahead of us this season.
I suspect the latter 2 will split opinion as they'll be erratic, but I think Morrison may have a bit of the Scott Sloan about him (i.e. plays with his head down, unpredictable, frustrating but capable of moments of unexpected class!)

Think we'll play with a midfield diamond and a front two. Depth we've got competing for the midfield 4 is ridiculous though; assuming we go Miller, Morrison, Connolly, Alston then we've got Gomis, Todd and Telfer on the bench

A midfield/forward line which includes Alston, Keena and Morrison is an exciting proposition - there could be a few spectacular goals ahead of us this season.
I suspect the latter 2 will split opinion as they'll be erratic, but I think Morrison may have a bit of the Scott Sloan about him (i.e. plays with his head down, unpredictable, frustrating but capable of moments of unexpected class!)

11 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Think we'll play with a midfield diamond and a front two. Depth we've got competing for the midfield 4 is ridiculous though; assuming we go Miller, Morrison, Connolly, Alston then we've got Gomis, Todd and Telfer on the bench

I think we'll go 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 in some games with Keena or Dowds dropping to the bench. Most teams will play with 5 in midfield against us so I doubt we'll be playing a diamond as we'd get overun in there but Blair will be expected to get forward more with Miller covering. We now have 9 midfielders on the books. Telfer, Todd, Laverty, Leitch, Gomis, Morrison, Alston, Miller and Connolly.

Edited by FFC 1876

I hope Alston is what he was. I wonder why Hamilton released him though 

Because he’s a Championship player at best. No doubt he’s got ability, but all to often in the top flight he hid that and has zero influence on a game. It’s obvious he can produce it when there’s less pressure and responsibility on him, where he knows he’s good. In the top flight the games just swallowed him up which was a shame as I wanted him to succeed at saints when he signed. Other than the odd screamer he just didn’t have top flight performances in him on even a semi-regular basis.

Wish him well at Falkirk though.