The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely the spfl say to Kilmarnock can you field a side yes or no? Yes game goes ahead,  no game is forfeited  and we get 3 points.  We don't give a feck who turns up to play in Killie shirts as long as they are registered to play for them.  What's taking so long?

I thought it was a bit weird that Killie only tested first team players, not the entire squad and then to blow my mind, they have 40 players on the books!! They are waiting to see if the SFA will make the decision for them in regards to the game and probably hoping for 2 further postponements like the Motherwell game.

Cost saving measures and therefore little sympathy that they can't get a team together!

Edited by Albertobotswana

Be interesting to see what impact closed doors has on results this season.
After City losing 5-2 at home, United losing 6-1 at home to Spurs, Villa now leading Liverpool 4-1 in the first half. These are scores you rarely see in full stadia....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Be interesting to see what impact closed doors has on results this season.
After City losing 5-2 at home, United losing 6-1 at home to Spurs, Villa now leading Liverpool 4-1 in the first half. These are scores you rarely see in full stadia....

You do wonder if the lack of crowds is affecting EPL clubs ability to defend. You wouldn't have thought so but I've not seen a solid looking defence yet since they restarted.  It's Liverpool's first choice back 4 too so no excuses. Just don't see how the lack of crowds could affect it but fear for EPL clubs once the champions League starts as they won't get far with defending like that.

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not at all Shadwell. Pointed out the source of the comment I am sure you unwittingly used unaware of its source and purpose.  At no time did I refer in our posts to you as a Rangers fan or an orangeman. Just made you aware who came up with 'Wee Jimmy' and why. 

Lets bring the matter to a close at that and no offence intended.

All the people I've heard  call her that do because she's an ugly wee woman with ginger hair and nowt else. Certainly nowt to do with that pish.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

You do wonder if the lack of crowds is affecting EPL clubs ability to defend. You wouldn't have thought so but I've not seen a solid looking defence yet since they restarted.  It's Liverpool's first choice back 4 too so no excuses. Just don't see how the lack of crowds could affect it but fear for EPL clubs once the champions League starts as they won't get far with defending like that.

It’s now 5-2!
Indeed Leicester, after scoring 5 against City, lost 3-0 at home to West Ham.
Can’t help think on part it’s to do with heads going down and not getting lifted by having supporters to push them on...

It’s now 5-2!

Indeed Leicester, after scoring 5 against City, lost 3-0 at home to West Ham.

Can’t help think on part it’s to do with heads going down and not getting lifted by having supporters to push them on...

Make that 6-2 on 65 mins!![emoji23]

14 minutes ago, BottiBiabi said:

Goalie and a defender (hopefully Kingsley) a must for tomorrow.

Kingsley is a free agent, so the transfer deadline does not apply to him. He can sign for a club pretty much whenever. The level of Hearts' interest may become clearer as they seemingly need to shift players out and that will have to be done tomorrow. He does not sound like a priority signing for them.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

And FFCTV PPV income

The point I was debating with SD was whether a late postponement would incur extra costs. Loss of income doesn't really come into that as it would have happened regardless of when the game was pulled. 

To answer his other points, he's probably correct about ambulance costs, which I didn't consider. I'm certain there are no rooms being used which we have to pay council rental on; you can't meet indoors so the likes of the boardroom etc will all be closed. And the few non-employees who'll be allowed into the stadium are all volunteers. 

Regardless of how much or little a cancellation might cost us, I'd rather have the three points. 

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sure I saw a statement somewhere from a Killie board member saying that they will meet tomorrow to decide whether to play a youth team or just forfeit the game. 

Surely with lower league teams being told they need to test before taking on top tier even if they stuck out a youth team who would have been training separately to the first they would also have had to be tested.

Kingsley would be a great addition, but we probably need a goalie first. Last thing we want to do halfway through the season is throw ourselves on the mercy of a loan and end up with the League 1 version that diddy St Mirren ended up with.

Whilst not totally discounting this, defence wasn’t the big issue for the team last season - despite comments to the contrary. We only conceded 18 in 28 games.
Finishing off teams around us (and Clyde) was our downfall. We look in a much stronger position this season with a good management team and good middle and forward signings already in place.....

On 02/10/2020 at 13:17, Horatio said:

If you are awarded a "win" on Tuesday then enjoy it. Since Falkirk beat Kilmarnock in the 1957 Scottish Cup Final replay Killie have taken a terrible revenge on the Bairns, winning every game of any consequence - the 1997 Scottish Cup Final; the 2007 League Cup semi-final; the 2010 relegation "decider", the 2016 League Play-off....... 

This is the kind of shite you would expect from me.

On 02/10/2020 at 13:17, Horatio said:

If you are awarded a "win" on Tuesday then enjoy it. Since Falkirk beat Kilmarnock in the 1957 Scottish Cup Final replay Killie have taken a terrible revenge on the Bairns, winning every game of any consequence - the 1997 Scottish Cup Final; the 2007 League Cup semi-final; the 2010 relegation "decider", the 2016 League Play-off....... 

Yes we will be releasing the DVD imminently.