The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, dumfriesbairn said:

I don't quite get this. Do you have symptoms or not? One thing I will say. This game against the unwashed is more trouble than it's worth, in the current circumstances. Our one objective is clear and games like this get it the way. Peterhead way more important than this....

You can spread the virus whether you have symptoms or not. 

The point I’m making is that whether or not the players involved have symptoms or not, they will have to self isolate for the next 2 weeks or so and not risk transmitting the virus to the wider public or those that they train with, therefore limiting the spread to both the public and the Falkirk squad. 

1 hour ago, matthew1876 said:

Seen a lot of people slating this decision that’s caused us to have 2 players out but ultimately, surely it’s in the best interests of public health? As has been said before on here, the players that arent being tested could potentially be asymptomatic spreaders and I would wager that on any given week we would have at least 1 or 2 test positive. 

Can you guarantee there will be no players in our game on Sunday have covid ?

Tests don't do that, a test on a Friday also for a game on Sunday.

We aren't awash with footballers/athletes horrible stories having covid because they don't have obvious symptoms.

Brought this exact point up earlier, would find it incredibly difficult to believe that we’ve not players with the virus at most clubs, but showing no symptoms. I thought that testing was required regardless of which league you are in. Why on earth do we test SPL players and no one else unless you are playing them? Just another case of protect the SPL and don’t give a f..... about the rest of the leagues?

Actually, if the lower divisions were forced to test each week there would be no lower league football this season.
This was surely a concession in our favour rather than the reverse you are suggesting?...

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, if the lower divisions were forced to test each week there would be no lower league football this season.
This was surely a concession in our favour rather than the reverse you are suggesting?...

I agree, with the amount of part time players in our league, team bubbles are pretty much impossible to keep.  Games would be off left right and centre if lower leagues were tested every week.  

Whether that's helpful to general public health is another debate. I do find it odd that 'elite' sport goes right down to teams in the likes of the East of Scotland league.  Allowing players to travel from Tier 4 areas to fulfil games like Camelon v Inverkeithing just seems mental.  

I think it's the fact that we'll now be playing Peterhead with two players missing simply because we had a league cup tie this weekend against top flight opposition. Peterhead entire first 11 could have covid next Saturday for all we know  and yet all of them can play.  One rule for one side another for the other one.

Shadwells post more or less refers to the general point I was referring too. All clubs were asked whether they could play this season and if I recall Gary Deans publicly stated that he was amazed that clubs could see it through, I assumed that this would include testing, and would have thought that this was imperative in protecting the players with this horrible virus. For me it’s no brainier to have regular checks and nothing to do with concessions etc. There will be people on this site who have lost family and loved ones....... 

Legitimate points. However it comes down to a choice, testing and no football this season or no tests but the lower leagues continue.
I respect either viewpoint but I’m glad we have football this season despite the risks....

Brought this exact point up earlier, would find it incredibly difficult to believe that we’ve not players with the virus at most clubs, but showing no symptoms. I thought that testing was required regardless of which league you are in. Why on earth do we test SPL players and no one else unless you are playing them? Just another case of protect the SPL and don’t give a f..... about the rest of the leagues?

Cost related nothing else, however there are now tests filtering into the market which are pretty accurate and give results in 15 minutes and are far less expensive. Coming for government approved suppliers too.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Cost related nothing else, however there are now tests filtering into the market which are pretty accurate and give results in 15 minutes and are far less expensive. Coming for government approved suppliers too.

I think they used them in the Liverpool mass testing exercise which proved very successful.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Legitimate points. However it comes down to a choice, testing and no football this season or no tests but the lower leagues continue.
I respect either viewpoint but I’m glad we have football this season despite the risks....

It shouldn't be testing for some games and not for others though. If we don't have to test to play Peterhead we shouldn't have to test to play rangers. It's either all in or all out if you ask me and not this piecemeal effort the spfl have come up with.

It shouldn't be testing for some games and not for others though. If we don't have to test to play Peterhead we shouldn't have to test to play rangers. It's either all in or all out if you ask me and not this piecemeal effort the spfl have come up with.

I’d argue that it’s a good thing that we now know that a couple of our players are positive and we have an opportunity to reduce the impact across the club and spreading further elsewhere in the short term....

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d argue that it’s a good thing that we now know that a couple of our players are positive and we have an opportunity to reduce the impact across the club and spreading further elsewhere in the short term....

I'm not against that I'm against having one rule for some and another rule for others.  If we have to test via rangers then Peterhead should have to test against us next Saturday.

I'm not against that I'm against having one rule for some and another rule for others.  If we have to test via rangers then Peterhead should have to test against us next Saturday.

Yes. But you appear to be implying that the rule that was made is to benefit the bigger clubs whereas its actually been a concession to allow smaller clubs to operate....

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes. But you appear to be implying that the rule that was made is to benefit the bigger clubs whereas its actually been a concession to allow smaller clubs to operate....

What's the concession for though? At the end of the day the league cup money is as important for top flight clubs as lower league( possibly more as they are more likely.to qualify) so what are we getting out of this apart from the fact we're now hampered for next Saturday's game? It's benefitting them too as they are getting cash they otherwise would not have got if lower league clubs didn't play and it was scrapped.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Two players - sneddon and lavery

*Everybody hoping the Fish is both of them..

Wishful thinking or reality [emoji848]

Ken where youse are coming from but it is extremely poor taste to be guessing players or hoping that certain players have tested positive over others.

Some things are much more important than football and contacting a virus which could have any knock on effect with their families etc...