The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Why were Clyde testing anyway?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What a total waste of time this league cup tie is proving to be.  Will these players now miss next Saturday or is it a week? Certainly will miss training.  That and the piss poor money we get from the tie itself. Shambles.

Needles to say, we’ll find out who by a process of elimination.

Anyway, I trust everyone is all signed up for Sunday?

What a total waste of time this league cup tie is proving to be.  Will these players now miss next Saturday or is it a week? Certainly will miss training.  That and the piss poor money we get from the tie itself. Shambles.

If you test positive (you have coronavirus):

self-isolate for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started – even if it means you're self-isolating for longer than 14 days

If you’re going to have COVID cases, it’s probably good timing for Falkirk. Much better to lose players for a League Cup game than the league. Still bloody unlucky though. 

Except that the players will possibly still be out for the league game a week on Saturday....

1 hour ago, sydney said:

If you’re going to have COVID cases, it’s probably good timing for Falkirk. Much better to lose players for a League Cup game than the league. Still bloody unlucky though. 

Surely we'll lose them for next week's league game too.

Edit get yourself squarely to f**k @roman_bairn 😄

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Except that the players will possibly still be out for the league game a week on Saturday....

Good point but I guess it’ll be one league game rather than the two it would have been if this weekend was a league game. Still crap though. 
We’ve now had Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk, Clyde, Forfar and Albion Rovers with outbreaks. There will be others. 

Anyone think this has a decent chance of being forfeited? 

I know the club statement says no other close contacts, but these guys have been playing, in changing rooms and training together for last week...don’t see how an investigation would turn out zero close contacts? 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I know the club statement says no other close contacts, but these guys have been playing, in changing rooms and training together for last week...don’t see how an investigation would turn out zero close contacts? 

They're not in changing rooms because AFAIK the players turn up to the stadium in their training gear and never go indoors until matchday. Not sure about away games, but at TFS they're split into two dressing rooms and socially distanced in each. Which makes teamtalks a challenge. 

They obviously do come into close contact during training and matches but as the govt allows that I'm guessing the risk of infection in those is considered minimal. 

24 minutes ago, sydney said:

Good point but I guess it’ll be one league game rather than the two it would have been if this weekend was a league game. Still crap though. 
We’ve now had Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk, Clyde, Forfar and Albion Rovers with outbreaks. There will be others. 

There will plenty of players lower league who have covid but won't know, it wouldn't surprise me if the two who have it played on Tuesday.

This avoiding changing rooms for me will only increase the spread, if you can go to a cafe or bar and the area gets a deep clean afterwards, then how can't that happen in changing rooms. I know shower steam has been hailed as an issue but going home in sweat will only will make infection to various viruses greater.

Other news, the John Baird interview on walking down hope Street is superb. He perhaps was too honest but it was one of my favourites so far..

https://www.buzzsprout.com/260570

Thanks for the reply @Bainsfordbairn, I thought the seriousness of covid protocol was maybe a slight myth in the lower leagues,  but separate changing rooms seems to suggest not.

Yeah there is of course a reasonable chance that one of the 2 played on Tuesday...how the full dumbarton and Falkirk squads are not then self isolating I don’t know, but I won’t question it if that’s the rule!