The Falkirk FC Thread

Hardly a good signing IMO. He's an average first division player and he has proven at his stint at Partick that he won't get any better.

I hope he proves me wrong but I liken him to a poor mans Kenny Miller i.e would chase an empty bag

Reminds me more of a player called Ian Harty that we nearly played 85k for under Hughes, He too looked decent enough but never really done a step up too well......Kenny Miller has proven himself in this top league and the English one.

Ive seen Baird play well against us mainly for Raith, where he seems to have had his purple patches, the end of the day, if he is a first division player, well thats what we are looking for as not to sound defeatist, we will be here next season

I'm honestly not troubled to lose Baird. His contribution was minimal. I'm still a bit concerned though that he's joined our most direct current rival.

He obviously can play at this level and it's not as if he was diabolical for us - just disappointing. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he did quite well at Falkirk, which could obviously be to our cost. We'll see.

I'm more concerned by Kerr's defection. He did much better for us, but to describe him as "excellent" is overstating it in my view. He was a tidy player who often made an impact. He did have his share of poor games though and that shouldn't be overlooked.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Kerr was good for us first time around, i think he will do a job for us, the one thing he was always good at was keeping the ball, which is probably what we need in midfield, could be the end of the road for Tudur Jones and Durojaiye though as can't see them getting a look in, granted Jones is injured.

Baird i don't think will start in front of Loy and Morgan, but we needed back up as Biabi was struggling a bit, if Baird can get us say 10 goals between now and end of the season i'd say it's decent buisness

Kerr was good for us first time around, i think he will do a job for us, the one thing he was always good at was keeping the ball, which is probably what we need in midfield, could be the end of the road for Tudur Jones and Durojaiye though as can't see them getting a look in, granted Jones is injured.

Baird i don't think will start in front of Loy and Morgan, but we needed back up as Biabi was struggling a bit, if Baird can get us say 10 goals between now and end of the season i'd say it's decent buisness

If he gets ten goals in the remaining seventeen games, when you don't see him starting, I'd say that would be a fantastic return.

With us, holding the ball seemed to be a problem. It bounced off him too much, meaning his second touch was often a tackle.

Reminds me more of a player called Ian Harty that we nearly played 85k for under Hughes, He too looked decent enough but never really done a step up too well......Kenny Miller has proven himself in this top league and the English one.

A bit harsh on Harty, he had a good few seasons at Clyde when they were a decent First Division side - can remember him scoring against us a good few times too. Did we actually try to sign him? I don't remember that at all.

A bit harsh on Harty, he had a good few seasons at Clyde when they were a decent First Division side - can remember him scoring against us a good few times too. Did we actually try to sign him? I don't remember that at all.

I dont think I was harsh, just like Baird I think he could do a job but like Baird his purple patch seems to have been at one club.

We had an on/off with Signing him and it was a bid after bid until we reached Im sure the magical figure of £85k, He didnt drive at that point and seemingly that was part of the stumbling block of which I found strange considering he was at some clubs . I worked years ago with someone who was in the same teams as him growing up, which also included Hugh Murray, He commented on that Harty was a heid the baw always losing the plot but had some talent, he did say Murray was a model player

Guest Back Post Misses

Surprised use never went for Jason Scotland, could we get Loy now please?

I will probably get shouted down by fellow Bairns but Losing Loy would really not phase me that much in the summer. Would not want to lose him now but if he goes we had better with Taylor and Farid so we will pick someone up of a similar standard. Not convinced he is a Premiership player, just a decent Championship one.

If Scotland is dropped behind MAC then no thanks.

I've seen your last 2 match highlights and I wouldn't let MAC play 5s wi us on a Sunday, he's truly woeful.

Wouldn't say he was woeful, however his finishing could be better, but he Is a far superior player compared to last season where he scored 14 goals in " one of the worst championships ever " that shite that the team who finished second are a shoe in for top 6 and maybe even a Europa league place.