The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think we’ll go up now mate.

Me neither. Could be 6 clear of Cove still and a massive 10 clear of Partick. Typical Falkirk though. The only saving grace is if we bottle promotion the chuckle brothers will be gone.

You just need to look at Cove’s results since the restart. Arguably had the hardest three fixtures playing PT away, East Fife away and Airdrie at home accumulating 2 less points than us and we’ve played two of the worst teams in the league. If anyone says they aren’t panicking then they are liars. 

Edited by CC52 FFC

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McKinnon got emptied for scraping a draw away to Dumbarton. This should be the final nail in the coffin for these cretins but zero chance of that.

Exactly, some Falkirk fans are saying "we keep sacking managers, we can't keep doing it". We gave Mckinnon far too much time, he should have been out the door when we were relegated. We're making the same mistake again, M&M obviously aren't not good enough so why keep them any longer. 

The happy clappers on that COYB page are beyond moronic with their support of the managers. I can't stomach reading it any longer. 

I get the M&M out stuff on here as we've not really been out of second gear this season and are just lucky that every other team are just as sh!t as us. But who's this competent manager that's going to come in and change it around? Everyone always goes with the easy answer of 'We'd get hundreds of applications' but who do you actually see out there that's going to come in and turn the tide? We're stuck with M&M till at least the end of the season everybody knows that. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I get the M&M out stuff on here as we've not really been out of second gear this season and are just lucky that every other team are just as sh!t as us. But who's this competent manager that's going to come in and change it around? Everyone always goes with the easy answer of 'We'd get hundreds of applications' but who do you actually see out there that's going to come in and turn the tide? We're stuck with M&M till at least the end of the season everybody knows that. 

Holt would do a better job and he's already in the building.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

They’ve proven that they don’t have the ability to motivate the players.

They also continually pick the wrong starting 11.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Holt would do a better job and he's already in the building.

Holt's been employed as a director of football and therefore isn't available. Given everybody knows Martindale's been the main man at Livi for years I'm not buying that Holt would do a better job. This isn't me defending M&M it's just a case of we're top of the league by 4 points with possibly 4 more likely 8 games to go. Who do we actually see out there who's going to be an actual improvement. M&M can't keep making the same mistakes granted but given this is their first managers role they are going to have f*ck ups. I don't see the players not playing for M&M like they were when Mckinnon or Hartley were in charge. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Holt's been employed as a director of football and therefore isn't available. Given everybody knows Martindale's been the main man at Livi for years I'm not buying that Holt would do a better job. This isn't me defending M&M it's just a case of we're top of the league by 4 points with possibly 4 more likely 8 games to go. Who do we actually see out there who's going to be an actual improvement. M&M can't keep making the same mistakes granted but given this is their first managers role they are going to have f*ck ups. I don't see the players not playing for M&M like they were when Mckinnon or Hartley were in charge. 

They've been making the same mistakes for over a year now so it ain't ending any time soon.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

It’s just the lack of tactics and coaching for me. 

I quite like them as people. I bet the players do. Our fitness isn’t horrendous. It isn’t a shockingly bad squad (it should be enough to win the league). I don’t think they’re bad motivators.

But we just do not have any tactics and as a team they have no clue what they are trying to achieve. Any competent manager would be getting a tune out of them, particularly going forward.

Selections are nothing short of diabolical. G Miller should probs not play again this season, neither should Leitch. Neilson looks good but goal aside I think fotheringham looks like a lost boy. We were all pinning our hopes on Keena returning. I’m not sure he’s had a single chance against the 2 worst teams in the league. The warning signs were all there v Forfar, we don’t CREATE anything. But manager came out post game and said it was a wonderful performance. Give me a fucking break. Heard less delusional pish from McKinnon.

rant over 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

It’s just the lack of tactics and coaching for me. 

I quite like them as people. I bet the players do. Our fitness isn’t horrendous. It isn’t a shockingly bad squad (it should be enough to win the league). I don’t think they’re bad motivators.

But we just do not have any tactics and as a team they have no clue what they are trying to achieve. Any competent manager would be getting a tune out of them, particularly going forward.

Selections are nothing short of diabolical. G Miller should probs not play again this season, neither should Leitch. Neilson looks good but goal aside I think fotheringham looks like a lost boy. We were all pinning our hopes on Keena returning. I’m not sure he’s had a single chance against the 2 worst teams in the league. The warning signs were all there v Forfar, we don’t CREATE anything. But manager came out post game and said it was a wonderful performance. Give me a fucking break. Heard less delusional pish from McKinnon.

rant over 

Spot on.  Why bring in more players if you keep playing the same old codgers over and over again. Miller should be an emergency backup nothing more. Dixon should be a centrehalf and nowhere else. Leitch shouldn't be anywhere near the side. Keena needs support and we still need fecking legs in the middle of the park. Feck me we've had 3 transfer windows under this pair and they still have done zero to resolve that issue. My money would be on cove now even though they are decidedly mediocre.  Their home record will get them over the line whilst we huff and puff under these too clowns.

There is no plan B. We didn’t even change shape chasing a goal at 0-0. Only finally went 2 up front when we were 1-0 down. I’ve been quite optimistic recently in terms of I thought we’d just get over the line and it’s results over performances but with the games we have coming up it’s going to be difficult. Gary Miller should be first dropped, closely followed by Leitch. 

10 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

There is no plan B. We didn’t even change shape chasing a goal at 0-0. Only finally went 2 up front when we were 1-0 down. I’ve been quite optimistic recently in terms of I thought we’d just get over the line and it’s results over performances but with the games we have coming up it’s going to be difficult. Gary Miller should be first dropped, closely followed by Leitch. 

I just can't understand this playing your best striker up on his own for 60 mins with no support and nobody creating anything for him. They must feel he's our best chance of a goal and yet when we are needing a goal he's dragged off and we finally go to more than one man up front but none of them are our best striker.  I mean it just seems completely ludicrous to me.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just can't understand this playing your best striker up on his own for 60 mins with no support and nobody creating anything for him. They must feel he's our best chance of a goal and yet when we are needing a goal he's dragged off and we finally go to more than one man up front but none of them are our best striker.  I mean it just seems completely ludicrous to me.

Desperation pure and simple. Desperate in they don't know what they are doing, and panicking, hoping in vain they can somehow snatch a win so they can come out and say they played well, there's no easy games, big quality squad blah blah. With Lewis lapping up every word they say. When in reality with each game that passes it really is showing they haven't a fucking clue... 

Guest Ecosse83
42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What worries me is Miller is still playing, he knows what it must be like up there by yourself yet they still dragged him off! 

PATIENT: Doctor, I have this annoying, itchy, weeping growth on the top of my head. Would you take a look at it for me and give me your diagnosis / prognosis please?

DOCTOR: Sure. Hmmmm. I’m sorry to say that it is a malignant, cancerous growth. Fortunately, if we remove it now, you would have a 100% chance of survival and you would go on to have a full and happy life.

PATIENT: Phew!!!

DOCTOR: However, what I am going to do is this; I’ll wait for another 6 months until it has grown massively and has become inoperable and then of course you’ll die. But rest assured, we will give you the best palliative care available to reduce the pain.

PATIENT: Gulp!!!