The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the Rawlins definitely need to be given time to get their feet under the desk properly. Let's face it they haven't been able to get over here due to covid so when they do that will make a  big difference. At the moment all they've been fed is complete tosh by deans and his crew about how everything is hunky dory. They need to see the mess with their own eyes and hear about the issues from people out with Deans's cabal.  I certainly haven't heard anything from the crunchie boys that would point the finger at Rawlins for the issues they have faced.  Local bod members causing all the issues there I think.

It's a global world these days , the Rawlins don't have to "get over here" to understand the mess we are in , they only need to look at the League table , the 3rd tier one.

If they are gullible enough to be fobbed off by Deans and Co then I despair. I'd rather think their appetite might have waned as they realize we are a very long way from being the cash cow their initial investment expected.   

Either way their involvement thus far has been hugely MEH! 

Could be the Inverness job, as Robertson has been moved upstairs to DOF. Fox has links with Hearts as well I think.

Edit: superandy beat me to it!

Edited by AGPar

Not in the slightest bit excited about the prospect of Rice.  He's utterly miserable in his interviews and I can't see how he would command or motivate the dressing room.  He's also disliked by Accies fans and comes with plenty of personal baggage.    Would steer well clear.  

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Not in the slightest bit excited about the prospect of Rice.  He's utterly miserable in his interviews and I can't see how he would command or motivate the dressing room.  He's also disliked by Accies fans and comes with plenty of personal baggage.    Would steer well clear.  

Agreed, I wouldn’t go near him. 

We're still inviting applicants until 5pm tomorrow but it's being suggested on CTO that it's a box ticking exercise and our next manager has been chosen.  I think it'll be Fox.  He's ex-The Caley and is good mates with Robbo.

31 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

It's a global world these days , the Rawlins don't have to "get over here" to understand the mess we are in , they only need to look at the League table , the 3rd tier one.

If they are gullible enough to be fobbed off by Deans and Co then I despair. I'd rather think their appetite might have waned as they realize we are a very long way from being the cash cow their initial investment expected.   

Either way their involvement thus far has been hugely MEH! 

Not what I've heard from anyone that's spoken to him. Still very enthusiastic and looking forward to getting over here. Yes it's obvious on the field that we are struggling but I was talking more about the club as a whole. Difficult to get the full picture when all your having are zoom meetings with one or two people.  

27 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Probably him that's piling on the cash to make himself favourite.

24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I would disagree on the point about commanding or motivating a dressing room. Accies went down but the players still appeared to be bursting a gut for him. Far far more than any player at this club has for the last 3/4 years. In terms of being miserable, this season he has burst out in a few interviews but at least gave his honest opinion which on the whole is refreshing to hear even if its with a dour face. 

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Accies went down but the players still appeared to be bursting a gut

Tbf that's just a Hamilton thing, doesn't matter who they've had in charge over the past decade.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We're still inviting applicants until 5pm tomorrow but it's being suggested on CTO that it's a box ticking exercise and our next manager has been chosen.  I think it'll be Fox.  He's ex-The Caley and is good mates with Robbo.

Local papers suggesting that Fox is staying in the Premiership, so it will be Hearts I reckon. Worked there under Levein too if I mind right.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can’t imagine GD wanting in anyway to be involved with Rice considering his past misdemeanours.

16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Can’t imagine GD wanting in anyway to be involved with Rice considering his past misdemeanours.

The man had an illness ffs and has done very well to turn that around. I've been affected by the same thing he did and if you don't give somebody the chance and support to turn it around then your not really worth working for. Credit to Hamilton for giving him that support. If Rice happened to apply for the role and if he got interviewed, his past problems would not even be up for discussion.

Edited by latapythelegend

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The man had an illness ffs and has done very well to turn that around. I've been affected by the same thing he did and if you don't give somebody the chance and support to turn it around then your not really worth working for. Credit to Hamilton for giving him that support. If Rice happened to apply for the role and if he got interviewed, his past problems would not even be up for discussion.

Sorry if I’m wrong.

I thought he was involved with gambling.

I stand corrected if wrong.

Remember who you are replying to here.

Probably the most deplorable poster on the forum who has recently had an issue with our players taking a knee and the social media blackout to name a couple.

Snide comments about illness and addiction is right in his wheelhouse.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Me neither. He's managed one team and got them relegated. He's got a kind of haunted demeanor too.

58 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Don’t particularly want Rice as Manager but completely agree with your post.

Dawson Park creature please wind your noise in.

37 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He was involved with gambling and to the best of my knowledge has got the support he needed. 

Okay- yes I did recall it was gambling on football matches. Serious, I would have thought for a football coach but if it was to do with a mental illness, pleased that he has been helped.